I would personally like to thank Matthew Stafford...

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I would personally like to thank Matthew Stafford...

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

For the ocean liner full of money that the Redskins are going to park at Kirk Cousins front door next year.

Oh, and Matt Ryan says thanks as well.
callmeslick

Re: I would personally like to thank Matthew Stafford...

Post by callmeslick »

and the Pats will just keep winning the Super Bowl and Tom Brady will still wake up next to Giselle. :lol:

keep tossing money, folks!
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:18 pm keep tossing money, folks!
Who are you trying to kid? Brady got most of his money up front, and you know it!
Brady's base salary last year was $800,000 but his salary cap hit was $28 million with a dead cap of $40 million.
This year his base salary is $1 million but he gets $13 million just for showing up for the first game.
Brady will make $60 million off his last 2 year contract.
Talk about tossing money!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

basically, if you look over length of career with the Pats, his average is pretty low, BUT, he will get paid and count against cap for the next 6 or 7 years if he retired tomorrow. It wasn't all front-weighted, but backweighted, as well. Still, do you think Stafford is worth that?? Do you really think Cousins is?? Neither has shown the ability to get to a certain level, sort of like Donovan McNabb, for us here in Eagle-land. Doesn't get you into the HOF, and doesn't win many championships. I know the pressure, so I get why it's happening, I'm just not looking forward to the day when the Pats get back onto that cycle, because the day is coming sometime.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.