Well, this is getting interesting.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

Re: Well, this is getting interesting.

Post by callmeslick »

scratch Cleveland off the list, too. And, the Jets. The bidding pool for old Kirk is dwindling.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Cleveland was never ON the list. And I've heard nothing from the Jets. What do you know that I don't?

BTW ... have you noticed how the Broncos are shedding salaries? 8-)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

NY Papers indicated that the Jets weren't real interested, that was it there. Did notice that Denver is seriously filling the coffers for free agency.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Make no mistake, Slick. A week from now Cousins is going to become the highest paid player in the history of the NFL. Whether it's a 5yr/150 million or a 3yr/95 million deal ... it's going to happen.

But take solace in the fact that he's only going hold that record for about 20 minutes.
Before the ink is dry on Cousins contract the Atlanta Falcons will extend Matt Ryan and top Cousins contract. And then the Green Bay Packers will extend Aaron Rodgers and give him a contract that will be something in the neibourhood of the GNP of Germany!

I was really hoping he'd go to the Jaguars ... but they went full stupid.
I don't like the match with Denver. That defense has gotten old and they'll have to gut the team to get him. (which appears to be exactly what their doing)
At this point my heart thinks he'll end up with the Cardinals. But my brain thinks he'll end up with the Vikings.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I'd venture Vikes, the others would be a disaster for his reputation, whatever is left of it. My guess is that he ends up falling short of the record, and yes, the other two(Ryan, Rodgers) are waiting to see what he gets. Cousins doesn't deserve or warrant Jimmy G money but the other two might, for 3 years type deals.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:23 pm Cousins doesn't deserve or warrant Jimmy G money ...
The 29-year-old has been one of the NFL's most productive quarterbacks since becoming the Redskins' full-time starter three years ago. During that time, he ranks fourth in passing yards, sixth in passer rating, seventh in total QBR and eighth in touchdown passes.
And he did that playing on a fair to middling team. 8-)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, the rumor seems to be that the Vikes win, at LESS than what Cousins sought.......roughly Jimmy G money. The Vikings are DOOMED.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

If Cousins takes less money it will be because he likes the location. I could totally see him taking less money to play for contender and a shot at a Super Bowl.

Keep in mind that Cousins isn't some guy coming off his 4 year rookie contract and looking for his first big payday. Cousins has made $50 million bucks over the last TWO seasons and he's not the kind of guy who lets money go to his head. (he's famous for still driving around in an old panel van he bought off his grandmother for $5000 bucks)
If Cousins is thinking beyond the zeros he could totally take less and go to the Vikes. Shit, he might even settle for a 3 year deal!

Every indication is that Cousins upcoming deal will reset the QB market.
But stranger things have happened.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I'm hearing top offer is limited to 3 years at around $25-26 million per. Not bad work if you can find it, but his hope for 5 at $150 sort of went out the window after a week or so on the market. I still contend anything over $20 mil per year is wasted money, but we'll see what transpires.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm I'm hearing top offer is limited to 3 years at around $25-26 million per.
I'm all over the internet on every sports site you can imagine and I just don't know where you come up with this stuff. :?

callmeslick wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm Not bad work if you can find it, but his hope for 5 at $150 sort of went out the window after a week or so on the market. I still contend anything over $20 mil per year is wasted money, but we'll see what transpires.
Oh, let me guess ... Jimmy G is better. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: