Well, this is getting interesting.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Well, this is getting interesting.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Bruce Allen (president of the Washington Redskins) has already proven that he's an idiot. (re: the firing of GM Scot McCloughan)
But now it would appear that Allen is intent on proving that he is also an incompetent idiot. It goes without saying that Allen has completely fucked up the ENTIRE Kirk Cousins situation. And quite frankly, if I were Cousins, I'd tell the Redskins to go fuck themselves no matter what offer they put on the table.
I have also been saying for about 2 years now that if Cousins leaves the Redskins the Jacksonville Jaguars will pull an ocean liner full of money up to his front door. The Jags are a QB away from a deep playoff run and they know it. They need to move before the window starts to close.

And then the darnedest thing happened.
Case Keenum started winning a shit load of games for the Minnesota Vikings.
Now here's the spin ... all 3 of the Vikings QB's - Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgwater and Case Keenum - all become unrestricted free agents after this season. The Vikings can't let them all walk so my guess is that Keenum gets paid. Probably something in the 16 million per range. That would be a steal for the Vikes.
That would put Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgwater on the open market. My guess is that the Vikes keep Bridgewater as well and give him a nice little raise. (dude only makes 1.7 mil right now)

That will leave the Jags looking at Cousins, who has a market value of 27 million ... or Bradford who has a market value of 20 million.
Cousins will probably be looking for nothing less than 5 yrs - 140 million.
Bradford would probably sign for 4 yrs - 90 million.

So ... will the Jags go cheap? Or will they go all in?
callmeslick

Re: Well, this is getting interesting.

Post by callmeslick »

woe be to ANY fools who think that Bradford is worth CLOSE to $20 mil(he's a walking injury) or Cousins is worth remotely close to 27 mil(he's worth maybe half that). That is why the Hoodie and Kraft keep winning, and why the Eagles and Rams were VERY smart to lock up the two young guys they did.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

that said, a healthy Bridgewater would make the Jags serious players, for about 12-15 million.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm a healthy Bridgewater would make the Jags serious players
Dude, take another hit from that crack pipe. :shock:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

told ya Wentz was the real deal late last season, as I recall. If you think anyone named in your thread deserves CLOSE to what he's going to get extended at, you are the one with the good hallucinogens.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Res, you HAVE to stop posting this reports on Cousins right before he throws another gem of an effort.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Cousins did his job just fine last night. Unfortunately, no one else in a Redskins jersey did.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Well .... everything just changed! :o
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

This is what I've been saying all along.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755 ... fools-gold
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

agreed, to a great extent. Not an elite QB. But, then again, I'd take Nick Foles right now over Kirk Cousins, and let's see what the market is THERE.