I flew the mods for the first time today....

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Jumoschwanz

I flew the mods for the first time today....

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I got the AAA installer thing with switcher off of bit-torrent. I immediately flew a mission on Spits_vs_109s mod server. I flew a plane that carried internal bombs that I had never flown before. Half the instruments did not work, which did not help on a hard-settings server.

For some reason my bombs would not drop. So I got into a dogfight with 75% fuel and two 500K bombs onboard and a single-engine fighter shot me down.

Later I tried the B-29 in QMB, and it would not drop bombs for me either, but a 109 with external bombs would drop.

I liked some of the mods and new aircraft. If they were incorporated into an official patch that also locked up the sim and prevented third-party meddling and cheating, I would be all for them as long as they matched historical performance data for flight and ballistics.

I would not mind if Oleg gave the project over to others to develop, as long as they were Russians or somebody else that is not from the West. If some douchebags like the group that runs WarbirdsofPrey servers gets hold of the sim then it will be all over.......

For now it is just an interesting toy, like the mods for cfs2 that we all played with.
JoeA

Re: I flew the mods for the first time today....

Post by JoeA »

Umm you know Team Dadelius (sp?) are actually doing official updates (or mdos if you prefer) for Il-2 now?