Who plays this game?

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
DKoor

Who plays this game?

Post by DKoor »

I bought a new rig downloaded the free demo from this site;

http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

...it looks fine 8-) .
OK dogfights are almost twice as fast in action compared to the IL-2, they really are epileptic fast in comparison.
For $35 you get full game, 9 flyable planes, career... there are a lot more to it but in all honesty I don't with all planes in IL-2 so I wouldn't with ROF either, I think these 9 basics and later 2-3 more tops would do the trick.

...this looks stunning in game... and it's gunners are just like IL-2 sniper gunners (from my experiences so far).
Been playing the demo for 1-2 hours and I think once I get basics down (controls) I'll be fine... for those of you with good IL-2 experience this will probably be piece of cake.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who plays this game?

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I've had the game for about a year.
You're right about the 9 planes, don't spend any money on new planes as most of the planes have the same flight models more or less.
I was big on the game for a while but the online play has left me a little jaded.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

You don't play any more?
Anyhow, this is very much alike IL-2 in a way that you must adapt to pretty rough flight models (for instance Dr.I sharp turn to the left without Engine Bleep will probably result in violent spin), DVII handles like a dream but is PITA when you put it in dive and cannot withstand turnfight versus Camel and not advisable vs other nimble Allied scouts, while Albatros D.Va is probably my fav German ride for now it is good at everything but is nothing special regarding anything. Pfalzes are like sturdy stable machines but I feel they aren't as maneuverable as Albatros D.III or Fokker D.VII (their historical counterparts). They almost feel like budget fighters :lol: .
On the other hand Allies have Se.5a and SPAD 13 those planes are pure energy fighters when you get into turnfight with Germans you will likely lose.
Nieuport 28 also nothing to write home about, Camel is uber ride awesome in turnfights (doubt that even Dr.I tops it) and is decent in everything else except crappy visibility in the front area due to the upper wing mounting...

Do you know of new career mode?

Very nice.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I'm sucking at this game but I like it, free demo only so far with the Spad 13c and the Albatross DVA thingie.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

It's in a way same as IL-2, but with several differences.
The most obvious one is that we are now slow as shit :D ...

And also epileptic turns are trademark for this game, if speed isn't extreme (anywhere over 250kph :lol: ) you just pull your stick as much as you can and turn.
As long as your nose doesn't hover over horizon in horizontal turn, you will not stall.
Stalling some of these flying coffins is quite easy and recovering surprisingly tough.
Sopwith Camel, really deadly plane, is a bitch to recover from spin.

Demo planes, D.Va and SPAD 13 are good planes overall, SPAD is pure bnz, while Albatross D.Va is tnb (not some impressive turn rate but will defeat most late allied planes in turn and besides it's all it has since of very low top speed). SPAD on the other hand is one of the speediest planes with decent climb and shit poor turn rate.