WarbirdsofPrey, if you can't shoot them kick them! Really...

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Jumoschwanz

WarbirdsofPrey, if you can't shoot them kick them! Really...

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Here we have a sortie-page from IIIJG_53 Suzuki's Spits_vs_109s stats:

Notice he shot down four TUSA/squad aircraft then was kicked.

It is important also to notice that there is over one minute between the time he damaged the last aircraft before it registered as being shot down.

Luckily, we have a track of showing the end of this sortie that shows what happened!

Here are our two main characters, Suzuki in the FW190 and Tusa/Wiper in the P38J. Wiper has been doing ground attack and is far inside blue territory, anyone that ever flew this map on Spits_vs_109s knows that the front line runs across through the hill in the background, and blue has many ground assests along the shore in this area Suzuki is taking a head-on shot at him:

Next Suzuki does a wide counterclockwise turn back for another pass while Wiper wisely runs for home:

The P-38J is about as fast as Suzuki's FW190A5, so it takes a while to catch up but he does it, here the dot above his rudder is Wiper in the background:

Suzuki catches Wiper just a bit over the front line and hits him good. Not enough to instantly bring him down, but he smokes his engine and knocks a rudder off, there is the hill in the background where the front line is, they are no where near as far into reds territory as Wiper was into blue territory when they first met up:

Notice the time in the screen-shot above, it is 9:18 into the track and Wiper continues on directly towards his base.

When Wiper hits the ground a minute later he has traveled 3-4 more kilometers towards his base and might be barely in site of it! Time now is 10:17:

At the time Wiper hits the ground Suzuki is far back into his territory, again notice the hill in the shot below:

Now the fun starts. Wiper is on teamspeak whining to Pooper about being shot down yet again, and that he was attacked right by his base which is a lie, so Pooper types in the chat bar:

Then Pooper bails from his aircraft while other TUSA members privvy as to what will happen chime in:

Next, as the sortie-page indicates, it was goodbye IIIJG53_Suzuki........nice job TUSA, nice LYING Wiper, and nice job WarbirdsofPrey, for holding up your own low standards of conduct! If you can't shoot it ban them!
DKoor

Re: WarbirdsofPrey, if you can't shoot them kick them! Really...

Post by DKoor »

WTF is this shit about?

What kind of ban should you get when you destroy an ENEMY airplane?

If someone bans you for that then you must ask yourself: what the fuck am I doing here in the first place?
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I guess WarbirdsofPrey and TUSA/Pooper cannot be held accountable for his actions if he was lied to by one of his squad, the real culprit was TUSA/Wiper.

But this sort of cronyism, favoritism and stupid behavior is typical of the home squads on WarbirdsofPrey, it is easy to catch them fucking something up or bending their own servers rules and authority to suit themselves at the expense of the public which they INVITE to fly with them.

Them being such morons and dickheads is actually that much more incentive to have fun at their expense and to shoot them down.

S!
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

If you don't like how the server host acts then don't fly in the server. How difficult is that to figure out? Complaining about it here tells us that you should use better judgment on where you fly. There are server admins in every game in many servers that act like these idiots.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Brain32

Post by Brain32 »

Yeah especially since IL-2 online is pretty much RIP.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Brain32 wrote:Yeah especially since IL-2 online is pretty much RIP.
Funny thing that we can't tell for sure why... my money is that it'd happen either way eventually, but the mod thing just fastened it up.
Ha, at least we had a really good run for our money.
na85

Post by na85 »

Hey Jumo, you got a track of that sortie? I need 190 tips.
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I did not do anything that took great skill in the FW190 in that sortie. The only track I have is showing this last kill before they kicked Suzuki. The reds were attacking our ground assets and I merely hung around and shot them as they did.

The only thing the FW190 contributed to the sortie was that it had great firepower and speed which lets you hit quick and hard. This lets you get the job done with minimal fuss and tracer for his team-mates to home in on.

After you make a hit you make sure you are not being followed, if you are you deal with it, if not you find a nice hiding spot in the sun, clouds or against a chunk of dirt until the next fly comes by.

The fw190s greatest defense when it has picked up a tail is it's quick roll rate which makes it hard to follow and shoot, and it's good top speed, which lets you either leave a spit in the dust, or lets you get to a cloud etc to help your escape.

You CAN dogfight other aircraft successfully with the 190, but you better be a really good pilot with a lot of experience and practice doing it in that plane if you want to do it and not get shot down.

And that brings us to the number one thing you can do, is to eat, sleep and live the FW190A, fly it all you can offline and on. Get into busy dueling and fun dogfight servers and see how long you can mix it up without being shot down, try everything you can think of with the aircraft in case you have to use it you can.

You can turn with anyone above 400km/hr, but below that you will only be able to turn with a third of them, and Spits are not on that list. Once the fight goes below 300km/hr, you do a lot in the 190A by rolling it around with it's landing flaps on and the throttle chopped, if you are good you can get an awful lot of opponents to overshoot you and fly in front of the four 20mm cannons. If you miss, you can go to full power, suck in the flaps before your opponent knows you are switching tactics, and dive away in a fast very slight turn to escape and make any shooting they do a harder lead shot.

As you are escaping, in an unpredictable pattern, either straighten out or slightly change directions every second or three.

Once you have run away from the Spit, P-39 etc., watch him, if he breaks off or loses sight of you, then you can turn back at him and blow him out of the sky.

At high speed, over 500km/hr, you can pull a very hard turn that many aircraft cannot follow, and often they will snap into a roll or spin if they try, even if they don't, you can roll 180 degrees and be gong the other direction before they know it, and if you combine this with a throttle chop and full flaps they will get ahead of your guns.

The fw190 is pretty fast, very often it will be the fastest aircraft on a map. If you keep it at a high cruising speed and make sure what is behind you, not too much will be able to surprise you from behind. Often you can fly through enemy airspace at high speed, make shots at other aircraft and damage them without engaging them at all. They will either go down, land or if you miss they will not catch you.

If you fly eastern front on a winter map or with a clear sky and sun, then stay above 3000m alt if at all possible. This is so when a Russian aircraft gets on your six somehow you can simply dive to 750-800 km/hr. The Russian aircraft will either fall apart or he will be forced to break off, by zooming back up or chopping his throttle. When he does this you can often pull back and zoom right up straight at him and shoot him.

Mustangs on your tail will lose their wing if they try to follow you in a highG pullout above 700km/hr or so.

P39s will also fall apart at a lower speed than the Fw190, and their elevator and roll is bad at high speed.

Fly towards the ground at 700+km/hr in a good dive, when you are close to the ground you will be able to roll 180 degrees and pull out on the deck at a minimum practiced altitude, if any other aircraft tries to follow you they will either break up, hit the ground or be forced to break off your tail. Again, if they break off your tail you can turn back at them at very high speed with your superior high speed manueverability, go right towards them and shoot them.

The 190D can out dogfight Spitfires! Here is how. Attack a spit. If you do not hit him on the first pass he will turn or pull back hard to escape, he knows he can out turn you. You will be at full power and boost. If he turns level hard, turn with him but go above him in a very steep spiral climb, he will stall out below you and you can come down and take another shot then zoom back up again. If he pulls back hard pull back too but not too hard and go underneath him into a vertical climb, again, he will stall out below you and you can come down on him and zoom up again, you have won the energy fight. Of course you need to practice all this a lot for it to work often.

Of course the 190D can always run home in fine fashion.

I don't use the mk108s in the wings of the late 190A, they have low ammo capacity and rate of fire, you will hit more often and do enough damage with the four 20mms. KNow that when you fly with a bomb your top speed will be decreased even after you drop the bomb because of drag from the rack.

If you take any slight hits, you better make sure you are not damaged if you still go into combat. The 190s do not take hits well. It drops their speed and handling very harshly, if your 190 is hit and damaged it is time to plan a way to get back to base.

For top speed with a 190A run at 90% prop pitch with WEP and the radiator closed, your engine will overheat and burn out in several minutes, but your top speed will be very high if you need to escape. For fast cruising run 85% prop pitch, open radiator and 105% throttle. For economical and fast cruising close the radiator, throttle to 99% and auto prop pitch, or 85% prop for a bit more speed.

Secret for extreme fuel economy on all 190s, go to 0% prop pitch, 99% or less throttle with radiator closed.

In the 190D, I will always cruise at 0% prop pitch and 105% throttle, radiator auto. The moment I go into combat situation, I switch to WEP, auto prop pitch and full throttle.

Shot making in the 190 is very important because the best feature of the aircraft is it's ability to critically damage an opponent in one quick pass. If you do not exploit this you may as well not even fly it. You HAVE to learn how to make a shot at another opponent when his path crosses yours at absolutely any angle while you are flying fast and straight. If you can not make half these shots in combat you need much more practice, if you can make more than half of them you still need practice until you can make at least three out of four.

If you think you are going to use the 190A by getting on someones tail at low to medium speed to shoot them then you don't belong in it, get a 109.

The 190 is first and foremost an energy fighter to be used to attack from a higher E state than your opponent, if he is level or above you, you want higher speed, otherwise you want altitude over him.

The last thing to do with the 190, especially the 190A, is to get into a slow dogfight with it. If you do this you better be an absolute expert at it.

Someone was ratchet-jawing on HL chat about how they could out-dogfight any spit with their 190A. I told them they were full of shit, so they invited me into a server with hard-settings. I flew a Spit9 and they flew whatever 190A they wanted. I, who do not fly spits hardly ever, shot him down every time. He was DAMNED GOOD, but any spit pilot with any skill or smarts at all, me, could shoot him down. He even got into a 190D and I still shot him down as he made mistakes. End of that lesson.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Good tips. Brings me back many years back.

Another fw190 advantage that I used to put to good use is the automatic supercharger gear change. Since the La7 climbed better than a FW I used to fight up and down the altitude where the La 7 pilot was supposed to change it's supercharger gear. Quite often in the heat of the fight he would forget it and past its recovery speed I was able to climb faster than him.

Nic
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Hey Jumo.....
Why was that chase being filmed in the first place?