60fps on Black Death track, 1200x1600, perfect landscape....

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Jumoschwanz

60fps on Black Death track, 1200x1600, perfect landscape....

Post by Jumoschwanz »

My new monster computer I built kicks ass. I got 60fps average on Black Death at 1200x1600 resolution with perfect landscape setting and water=2. I also think I did the new 4.09m thingie where you can see extra distance if you have something in the conf. set right.

Anyway, it is nice to fly around flak and big cities at something faster than 1fps as with my old rig.

Asus motherboard with AMD quad core running at 3.5 ghz.
2 gigs of 880hz ddr2 ram
2 Saphire ATI 4879s in crossfire with 1gig of ram on each of those.

It was fairly cheap to build too, much cheaper to build than my old A7n8x rig that seems to have only a quarter to a third the power.

S!
Kira1985

Re: 60fps on Black Death track, 1200x1600, perfect landscape....

Post by Kira1985 »

:shock: What's the power consumption on that ?
Jumoschwanz

Re: 60fps on Black Death track, 1200x1600, perfect landscape....

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I have a 500W Antec power supply. This Asus motherboard I am using, the M4A78 PLUS, has all kinds of automatic managing for power. It regulates the speed of the processor and fans so it is not using a lot of power unless you need it. The motherboard was cheap too, about $80.

The cpu is rated at 125W, it is a 955 quad-core black edition, whatever that means.

The video cards also have regulated fans, when you start a 3d application they speed up.

The latest video cards use less power and run cooler though from what I hear. The 4870 cards I have run hot! I hear the ATI 5xxx series that just came out run cooler and use less power.

The 4xxx series cards are supposed to dissapear from retailers shelves and quickly be replaced by the newer cards. I just bought the older cards because they were cheaper and there were a lot of reviews on them. If you get a 4xxx series card, get a Saphire with the VaporX cooling as they run the coolest of all this series in tests.

I put a large Thermalright heat sink on the cpu which takes a 120mm fan, it runs quietly and slowly.

Temperatures at rest, doing web-surfing the cpu runs at 28C, the system at 41C and the video cards at 68C, when flying IL2 the temps will go up at least several degrees centigrade.