New IL2?

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Dawg

New IL2?

Post by Dawg »

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
DKoor

Re: New IL2?

Post by DKoor »

Yay!

I'll preorder that in couple of days... as I see it, you get 2 more planes with premium edition 8-)

http://il2sturmovik.com/
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I'm really hoping it incorporates "coops"....I got burned with CLOD...and I've been on the fence about this...Sigh....I'm gonna pre-order too, the premium.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

11. A few people have asked this a number of times but I still don't think we have had a clear answer yet... Will BOS have IL2 style CO-OPs?

Obviously, it’s just hard to believe our answer, but it is no. And we hear your roar of indignation, but please let me explain everything first. Yes, we have all necessary technologies and yes, they work perfectly, but we have made a conscious decision not to release co-op at launch. The reason is because we want to make it good. And it’s much more than just technologies; it’s a certain level of service – convenient, reliable, and inviting. And this level of service we can’t provide at launch. It may become possible someday if the project is popular and develops with a positive dynamic. The good news is that the MP environment that will be available at launch can support squadron based missions and objectives easily and missions can be flown with your friends in a co-op style without much difficulty with just a little coordination between pilots.

This was posted this morning...I saw it when I went to pre-order the sim :(
It seems this type of BS is making a comeback from the "wonderful" CLOD days, same type of horseshit explain as then. They ain't getting my money, my time or my patience....any more.

Hope this works out well for y'all. Personally, I just don't care to "sail my boat" on shit creek.....again.
Good Luck to them and all of you.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

I'm fed up with this pay first and we "may" provide attitude. They don't get a buck from me until I'm 100% that the game rocks. If it turns out like CLOD I guess I'm a few bucks richer already.

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Hey Nic....you still fly'n IL2 1946?
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hot diggity i just might have to start booting up my desktop and dust off the x45
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well, fats...if ya wanna find out for "free" some of what it will be like?
Try "Rise of Flight" and that will give ya a little taste of it...same "engine" and other similarities.
Company name is 777 Studios. (I think?)
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

777 run by Jason... I used shoot his ass down every time we had squad v squad matches 777th vs 7JG77 hehe. Jk Jason; sorta..

I'm really looking forward to this one.... even if it's just tooling around in some of my favorite planes if they're well modeled; combat of various sorts is just a bonus.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I like Jason. It's a long wait until spring (game release). The biggest 'turn off' to me is the "russian verbiage" in describing aspects of this game. It much reminds me of the deceptive crap that went on with CloD. I once got a vacation from the banana forums for using the word "maskirovka" when refering to CloD. I'm not sayin it's applicable to 777. I don't believe that it is. I'm sayin that 777 needs to find some better "english" speakers.

This coop thingy with 777/1C reminds me of Henry Ford?
"You can have a Model T in any color ya want....as long as it's black".
That idea, sorta grates on me....a dab.