New IL2?

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
DKoor

Re: New IL2?

Post by DKoor »

And so... any one of you flying the thing?

So far I've tried Battle of Stalingrad (BoS)... haven't got Moscow (BoM) yet... it's a nice game and for some things, mostly visually for me, brings it one step closer to a real thing.

But I don't fly online anymore... even if I do, I'd be in Stuka, Sturmo or some bomber as I don't have a proper rig for mixing it up online.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Howdy DKoor,

I pretty much got burnt out of online flying a couple years ago. What could'a/should'a been something like IL2 1946 but modernized and updated, instead seemed to just go batshit crazy and no Coop mode. That killed it for me....along with the world wide Cliffs of Dover...steal yer money, lie about it, tell you to buy the most expensive equipment...and still it don't work...rip off. That toasted it for me, most likely forever.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Hey PF...

Yep, although I don't have so pesimist view of things I certainly do not like where things went... new IL-2 seemed to have gone slightly wrong way from the get go... those "unlocks" - no one seems to be needing those. Especially in serious flying sim game.
And also "exclusive" stuff like underwing MG151 gondollas reserved just for premium game owners... if it didn't raised such rightful shitstorm that it did, we'd be having it that way in the sim - some content would be locked away from some users.

It would boil down to one thing... pay to win.

For me the only REALLY successful and enjoyable sim after old IL-2 1946 was Rise of Flight. They really got right that one. Although paying for aeroplanes and weapons isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea, no one could argue that it was a must or a "pay to win" thing. Out of the box game was good.
And spec friendly.

IL-2 BoM and BoS are NOT. Unlike RoF, new IL-2 is stuttering for me and rendering any serious online adventures in fighters impossible... even on lowest vis settings. Hardly good for a game claimed to be in a RoF - visual settings demanding league.

All that, coupled with the fact that we haven't exactly moved ONE step away from actual experience we had with old IL-2 made me to wait and see if things will change. I have BoS and will wait for a proper offline campaign (not 3rd party) and fixed visual (advanced) settings.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I have the setup to fly any sim....could be the old age doldrums on my end. My old flight group is still messing with IL2 1946, the 54th....who knows maybe in the spring?

Silicon Lottery Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz 1.273 Vcore (delidded) Corsair H100i (No CLink)
Motherboard Asus Maximus Hero VII rev. 1.xxx
2X4 gig DDR3 @2133 11-11-11-30 by XMP
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC with 4 gig Vram on a Dell U3415W 34-Inch Ultra-Wide Curved Monitor 3440x1440 @60hz
CoolerMaster HAF X 942 bolted to the floor
950 watt PSU "Silver Rated" PC PowerCooling
M.2 Plextor PCIE 256gig w/Win7 64 Pro, WD 1Tbyte Caviar Black

Would be a shame to waste this above.....I dunno, maybe........