High Definition IL2 Sturmovik movies.....

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Jumoschwanz

High Definition IL2 Sturmovik movies.....

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I am starting to make High Definition movies from IL2 tracks and putting them up on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Jumoschwanz#g/u

I plan on going through the hours of tracks I saved from the last seven years and putting up those which are most instructional or historical to the IL2 sim.

I think the tracks are best watched in 720p, 1080p does not seem to be enough better to be worth the bandwidth, but it is up to whoever to decide which resolution to choose.

It takes a long time to make a high res IL2 movie. Capturing, converting and uploading a file that is 400-700mb can take hours, so I may only get one or two new ones up per week, but I will at least do that as long as I am healthy.

S!
ruggbutt

Re: High Definition IL2 Sturmovik movies.....

Post by ruggbutt »

I'll take a look and give you constructive criticism.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Do ya have any of them movies with "FoolThrottle" in'em ? 8-)

Old Pudfark sez: " Now stop that junior...we could have another Spike Lee here"
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Cool stuff Jumo 8-)

BTW are you a Nazi ? :lol:
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Pudfark wrote:Do ya have any of them movies with "FoolThrottle" in'em ?"

I don't remember seeing him, but if you know when and what server he flew on that might help me look. I mostly flew on Aviar or CrazyIvan's dogfight server, or WarClouds, Spits_vs_109s, VINNI_PUH, YAMAL, FallenAngels, WindsofWar and other cockpit-on servers with harder settings, so there are a lot of people I did not fly with because half or more of the community never flew the harder settings.

It is a shame when I think back of all the tracks I have deleted over the years, though I have hundreds of tracks, I probably deleted thousands that would be cool to have now.

There has to be a lot of old tracks and screenshots on some old hard-drives somewhere of just about everyone.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Your channel is one of the few that I have saved to favorites. I'm lovin' the vids.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

sigh...

Reminds me of my old time... in a FW of course. I wish I had that good of an aim though.

Nic
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I figure in off-angle and blind shots I can bat about .500, I still miss at least half of these hard shots. But that puts you leagues ahead of someone who never takes a shot unless they have maneuvered onto someone's six.

I started trying to take shots from any angle in any way I could because most of the aircraft I flew against turned better than my Bf109 or FW190, so I HAD to learn to make the hard shots.

In early IL2 online, when it was eastern front mostly, all the VVS fighters could turn better than the 109 and 190, and when the Hurricane and Spit came out in Forgotten Battles things got no better! It did take me a long time to learn though, I was no prodigy, it was the school of hard-knocks all the way.

I can remember chasing an La-5fn on this one server in circles over and over again, day after day, week after week, falling off of it's tail in my Bf109 and getting beat up by it. Finally for some reason I got the idea not to turn with it, I went straight and up and fell backwards on the La-5fn as it came around in it's horizontal circular patch and shot at it as I passed it at ninety degrees, and smoked it. Even the La-5 pilot commented that I had finally learned something new! And after that I kicked his ass regularly.

I think it may have been Chivas that showed a lot of people some new trick too on a popular server several years ago. Again, everyone was getting their asses kicked by allied aircraft that turned really well. Chivas loaded a bf109 up with Gunpods and kept zooming straight through the furballs and back up and out again, getting kill after kill, he did not have to turn at all, thus negating the turning ability of his opponent.

Slowly over months and years, things soaked through my thick wooden skull, or were hammered into it by AP projectiles, and finally I could hold my own fairly well as a virtual combat pilot.....
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Good stuff Jumo. 8-)
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

I used to start BnZing in a Yak 3 in the very early days. I was almost invincible back then. Then I started flying the 190 :cry:

Flying in the yak tought me to not waste ammo and take only sure shots. Not someting you really need to do in a 190. If you want to hit something that is !

Nic