December 2015, the 15th winter flying IL2...

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Jumoschwanz

December 2015, the 15th winter flying IL2...

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Hi all,

Not much going on here but I tripped over it in a google search and was surprised I can still log in.

I am still flying IL2 one or two nights a week with some other old-timers on a server and map we put up. We fly hard settings with friendly-only icons and no mods or hacks, just the latest official patch.

I am in my 50s and my eyesight is not getting any better, my memory is failing and I am surely not as ambitious as I was 15 years ago. I am sure I am not as good at flying IL2 as I was seven or eight years ago because I don't fly it as much and I don't give a shit. Now and then when I run into a young gunfighter I will wake up and give them a run for their money though. I would still say I am over the hill and would get my ass kicked by the me from seven to twelve years ago.

I wonder how many IL2 pilots have died in real life over the last 15 years. I have my share of health problems and could fall over dead any day, same as anyone who is over a half-century old.

IL2 is pretty much dead these days, hardly anyone is flying it online compared to ten years ago, and even the forums are all dead. It would really be cool if some billionaire would fly everyone who flew the sim online twelve years ago to a reunion somewhere so we could all meet in person.

I am still riding around now and then on my old Norton motorcycles, here is me taking one of them out for a spin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggb3cz3_lzo
DKoor

Re: December 2015, the 15th winter flying IL2...

Post by DKoor »

Hey Jumo, glad to see ya on forum yet again after all this time.

There hasn't many people left around that were present in the golden IL-2 days.
And surely I really miss some people... Dawg, Quasar (Netherlands guy), IceFire, FatCat etc... and many other from the old UBI Zoo...
There were plenty of nice folks there.
However it would be nice to at least see some of those people post here and there to see that they are alive and kicking... because you are right, we aren't getting any younger and some are probably already gone... :|

PS. you have seriously cool cafe racer there ;) , hope you enjoy it :) .
Juha

Post by Juha »

I haven't even touched the sticks for the last 3 years - IL2 is long gone for me. Somehow the motivation is gone, but then again, I've put the time to pursuit other interests. Maybe I'll fly again, if the squad finds the time to form up again and I can spare free evenings on regular basis.Yeah, either I commit to it or don't do it at all. :twisted:
All I ever wanted, was my own way
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Sweet ride, Jumo!
I'm deeply envious!
MrMojok

Post by MrMojok »

Kuna!
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Well here we are a year later. I have not flown IL2 most of this last year at all. Hyperlobby is damned dead and the servers that are up are easy settings and pretty boring as hell.

The snow is here now and I will probably get back into IL2 a bit until next spring, we will see how it goes.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

It's been 3 1/2 years since I've flown IL2....still have all my stuff...just don't care. It was fun for ten years and met a lot of nice folks...Flight Sims since then...are a total ripoff. From Cliffs of Dover to BOS..of which I own both ripoff's. :x
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

MrMojok wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:21 pmKuna!
:mrgreen: Sup?

:lol: