Logitech G940 Review

Jumoschwanz

Re: Logitech G940 Review

Post by Jumoschwanz »

RayBanJockey wrote:Ruggbutt, your still far too hung up on gadgets, it wont make you a better adversary.
The conscientious consumer can still win, with superior co-ordination, hard work and making the best of his tools

Right, I have a six year old computer and a Microsoft Precision 2. I regularly fly practice with a squad and kick all their asses all over the place every week.

But! Rugg, with his setup, I don't think is going for being a better adversary as much as he is going for immersion, he looks like he wants to turn the lights down and pretend he is really flying an airplane or something.

Maybe someday, when I am disabled or cannot walk, I will spend that much money on something used for sitting on my ass for hours.

This weekend though, I passed up flying IL2 so I could go out on the town at night with real humans, and I helped my elderly father and brother load up a flatbed trailer with scrap iron to take to the junkyard. I also washed my van, started to put a new muffler on it and got some new american-made brake rotors for the front of my chevrolet automobile and got it a state vehicle inspection sticker.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

You have a van? What are you, a soccer mom?
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
TX-Thunderbolt

Post by TX-Thunderbolt »

Here's a review from last week from a squaddie of mine (TX-EcoDragon). Scroll about half way down the page to get his actual review: http://www.txsquadron.com/forum/index.php?topic=2873.0

There are a few bright spots...and a few not to good ones. He returned his.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I don't think he knew how to tweak the software. You can completely remove any deadzone in the software. It makes it almost impossible to fly wings level.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

ruggbutt wrote:You have a van? What are you, a soccer mom?

You want me to be a soccer mom? I guess since Sarah Palin called herself one all dyed in the wool republicans get aroused at the possibility huh?

Sorry to dissapoint you though, my van is a 1985 3/4 ton GMC cargo, here seen next to my 1993, 31mpg Caprice Classic. USA!
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Sweet, an illegal alien van next to a grandma's car.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

how'd you get 31 mpg out of a Caprice?? Remove the engine? :P
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

he's dyslexic, he meant 13 MPG, the only way he'd get 31 out of that thing was if it was on a Tow Truck
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I was thinking 'in neutral, going down a steep grade', myself. :)

also, is it just my eyes, or does it appear that the van is larger than the garage door?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

CUDA wrote:he's dyslexic, he meant 13 MPG, the only way he'd get 31 out of that thing was if it was on a Tow Truck
I took it on a 574 mile trip recently, I kept it below 60 mph and in overdrive all I could, and it used a little over 18 gallons of gas, actually getting around 31.5 mpg.

Most everyone is ignorant as to what determines the fuel efficiency of a vehicle, relying on kindergarten-level cliches to judge things. When it comes to highway mileage, the only things that matter are coefficient of drag and cubic inches of fuel drawn through the engine per mile. Weight has nothing to do with highway mpg, only city mpg.

So, on the highway, my 305 cubic inch chevrolet, lumbering along at maybe 1300 rpm on overdrive at 60mph, will get the same mileage as some little shitbox with a 120 cubic inch engine that has to scream along at 3000 rpm to make enough power to hold it's speed. Add to that the fact that any mechanical device loses efficiency dramatically the faster it runs, and it is easy to see why today's average auto gets no better mileage than those of fifty years ago.

In the city, extra weight that has to be accelerated to speed over and over again can give the light car an advantage, BUT a heavy car can get the same mileage as the car half it's weight simply by accelerating twice as slowly! This of course is not a popular way to drive in our "instant coffee" society, but if you are good enough at managing your time to allow a little extra, and if you enjoy the trip as much as the destination, it is there for you to take.

Grandma's car? The 1990's Chevrolet Caprice Classic was the best police interceptor ever made. Equipped with the 5.7 Lt1, it had a top speed of 147mph, and the Michigan State Police had it test at comparable lap times to the Z28 Camaro on a road course. I have two of these cars, one for my wife and one for myself. I leave all kinds of pussies in their "sports" cars far behind after a few turns or highway ramps......