Logitech G940 Review

ruggbutt

Re: Logitech G940 Review

Post by ruggbutt »

Jumoschwanz wrote: actually getting around 31.5 mpg.
You're full of crap. My g/f has a 305 in her Z-28 and it has an overdrive and better drag coefficient (much better than that box you drive) and it tops out at 21mpg highway. Even if your van had 3 overdrive gears a small V-8 will not get into the 30mpg range no matter what car you put it in. As for your "police interceptor", lol. It's a grandma car with 4 doors.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Of course your Z-28 does not get as good a mileage, because it has a performance rear axle ratio, the engine turns over at a much higher rpm on the highway than the Caprice engine does. The Caprice LS, that gets 31mpg highway, is geared to turn very low rpms in OD, my other Caprice, with F41 heavy duty suspension, and a 3.42 rear axle ratio, gets several less mpg, while my van, with it's 3.73:1 rear axle behind it's 305 and 700r4 overdrive, will only get in the high teens on the highway. I don't know why you think your Camaro would have a better coefficient of drag either, it is an older body design and has much sharper edges than the late Caprice does, I would not be surprised at all if it is equal or worse than the late Caprice.

Also, I am sure you and your girlfriend drive like jackasses with your foot in it all the time to soothe and pacify your egos, which will knock off 5mpg or more.....
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Jumoschwanz wrote:Of course your Z-28 does not get as good a mileage, because it has a performance rear axle ratio
It has a 3.08 rear axle ratio. Better in OD than your (cough) 31mpg Caprice.......
The Caprice LS, that gets 31mpg highway
Incorrect. You can check the specs on that anywhere on the net. 15 city, 23 highway, 18 combined.
I don't know why you think your Camaro would have a better coefficient of drag either
Caprice has a .34 drag coefficient, Camaro has .33.
I am sure you and your girlfriend drive like jackasses with your foot in it all the time to soothe and pacify your egos, which will knock off 5mpg or more.....
This quote like all the rest you've made in this thread are suppositions based on whatever ignorant little thoughts go thru that head of yours. Next time you make up numbers, at least try to be in the same ballpark as the factual figures. You have little to no clue about cars.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

1993 Caprice Classic

Fuel Type Regular
MPG (city) 15
MPG (highway) 23
MPG (combined) 17
I dont care how grandma you drive, you CANNOT increase the MPG on a car by almost 50%. not to mention the factory highway MPG rating was always over-estimated to begin with.

hell if you took a carbed car which gets 18MPG and install a port injection system you'll only increase your MPG to 23, and thats only a 25% increase
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Jumoschwanz wrote:
CUDA wrote:he's dyslexic, he meant 13 MPG, the only way he'd get 31 out of that thing was if it was on a Tow Truck
I took it on a 574 mile trip recently, I kept it below 60 mph and in overdrive all I could, and it used a little over 18 gallons of gas, actually getting around 31.5 mpg.

Most everyone is ignorant as to what determines the fuel efficiency of a vehicle, relying on kindergarten-level cliches to judge things. When it comes to highway mileage, the only things that matter are coefficient of drag and cubic inches of fuel drawn through the engine per mile. Weight has nothing to do with highway mpg, only city mpg.

So, on the highway, my 305 cubic inch chevrolet, lumbering along at maybe 1300 rpm on overdrive at 60mph, will get the same mileage as some little shitbox with a 120 cubic inch engine that has to scream along at 3000 rpm to make enough power to hold it's speed. Add to that the fact that any mechanical device loses efficiency dramatically the faster it runs, and it is easy to see why today's average auto gets no better mileage than those of fifty years ago.

In the city, extra weight that has to be accelerated to speed over and over again can give the light car an advantage, BUT a heavy car can get the same mileage as the car half it's weight simply by accelerating twice as slowly! This of course is not a popular way to drive in our "instant coffee" society, but if you are good enough at managing your time to allow a little extra, and if you enjoy the trip as much as the destination, it is there for you to take.

Grandma's car? The 1990's Chevrolet Caprice Classic was the best police interceptor ever made. Equipped with the 5.7 Lt1, it had a top speed of 147mph, and the Michigan State Police had it test at comparable lap times to the Z28 Camaro on a road course. I have two of these cars, one for my wife and one for myself. I leave all kinds of pussies in their "sports" cars far behind after a few turns or highway ramps......

Jumo ....give it up man, you dont know what your talking about, there is not a road in the world that doesnt have inclines...your supposition that a heavy car only makes a difference in the city is so simplistic it hurts
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Well, all you kiddies are doing is punching up information on the internet, you have no first-hand knowledge of what you are talking about, BUT I can change that for you!

ANY CWOS member that lives close enough to me, or has someone they trust, in the Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh triangle, can have a ride in my Caprice any time. I will fill the tank, drive for one hour as close to 60 mph as I practically can, then we will stop and fill the tank up and see how much will fit into it. I guarantee it will be two gallons or less, really.

If you ever know anyone who has a late Caprice Classic, built from 1989-1996 with the fuel injected 305 engine, all you have to do is ask them what they get on the highway, and it will be 24-30+ mpg, even that second hand knowledge would be better than what you are doing now....

So there it is, I will put my money where my mouth is no problem.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Jumo give it up man. I've been in the auto repair industry for 30years. you cannot get 31.5 MPG from a 1993 Caprice Classic IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. hell Toyota Prius owners are only claiming 34-35 MPG out of a hybrid that has a curb weight of just 3050lbs while your 8cyl throttle-body injection (not the most efficient system)Caprice has a curb weight of 4100lbs. it takes a ton more energy to move 1k more in weight. not to mention the Prius has a much lower .cd than your caprice, 4 fewer cylinders and Hybrid assist to top it off

ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Cuda, you should know by now that your 30+ years of experience doesn't have anything over Jumo's bullshit. :lol:
All the cool LOMAC stuff
fatman

Post by fatman »

I for one can say i dont really give two hoots aboot fuel efficiency while fule prices arent sky high when i put my right foot down i want as much forward momentum out of it as i can get and besides i want the oil to run out so i can rule the post apocalyptic future
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

ruggbutt wrote:Cuda, you should know by now that your 30+ years of experience doesn't have anything over Jumo's bullshit. :lol:
if he's done something to his Caprice that get's him 31 MPG, he needs to call GM ASAP he could make MILLIONS from his invention, I could invision him getting his 1000 MPG out of a more fuel efficient newer car that he talked about in his other thread.