World of Tanks goes Live!

Daiichidoku

World of Tanks goes Live!

Post by Daiichidoku »

For you tards that don't know it, there is an awesome FREE mmorg called "World of Tanks"

It's going live by approx 1800hrs EST

Thank me now for the fun, curse me later for the addiction (I have 5,800 battles in the closed/open beta test:P)

http://www.worldoftanks.com/
Soapy

Re: World of Tanks goes Live!

Post by Soapy »

I did the beta too, it was okay but I'm not sure I'll be buying any gold :)

Saying that I did have some awesome battles in my Sherman.
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

i went for the heavy tank pre order, 25,000 gold + free slot in garage plus free M6A2E1 premium tank

plus i get the CBT gift tank, the M4A2 sherman

whats your name there Soapy, if you pick it up again we can platoon, a few guys in my squad are also tankers...
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I played as Buggarov, on the Euro servers after the split. I might end up doing WoT while waiting for CLoD to fix itself :)

In the release are the server groups still split or can a UK player join a US server and vice versa ?
fatman

Post by fatman »

So is this like world of warcraft but with tanks or is it more like a sim game?
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

still RUS, UE and US servers

within "2 weeks" (seriously) they are releasing 6.4 patch, which will introduce most the the french and US TD trees, and reowrk the US tech tree and russion tech tree

spotting mechs revamped

tracking revamped

two new game modes

u will be able to transfer tanks, gold, dreds to friend accounts

view ranges from 500 increaced to 700m

all sorts of shit, 6.4 is a BIG patch, will dramacally improive the game in all respects

fatman, they started making a wow clone, they switched to tanks...it is FAR less a sim than a mmo

a damn fun, addictive, free mmo

the tanks themsleves have quite ahistorical armor values, gun values, many have fantasy turrets, guns, and equipment, all towards game balance and playability

i shgould mention, that they WILL be introducing a "hardcore" mode soon also, which will make it slightly more sim-like and less mmo; less arcadey spotting mechanics, damage, etc

its free, but to get gold that allows you to do more things faster u must pay $$$

hyaving gold also allows u to but a premium accout,m that doubles ur earned credits and exp

u play play for free, but wont get as far as fast, nor be able to sustiam high tier tank play for long...possible in the very best tankers though
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

u shoudl stil lhave Buggov (lol), Sopay, all accounts were hardwiped for the release, Buggerov is waiting for you with a loltractor, and MS1 and a T1 cunningham :)..all acounts wre wiped, except for the account name, only thing that was kept

if u were a closed beta tester and have over 1000 battles, u will get a free M4A2 sherman tank, u should czech it out
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

oh, Soapy, i havent looked into it, as i had no need, but i think u CAN play on whatever server

i iwll try to look it up at the wot forums

(wot forums are AWESOME, everythign u want to know about the game IS there)

when did u last play? were u around for the server split when u had to choose which server?
if not, then likely u will get ur choice which one to play (but again, i THINK there is a way to switch between the server)

if u do get a choice, EU is logical for you, but do consier US server, myself and several others play threre, and would luv to platoon/company with more

also, is fatman tries and plays, being in Oz his server choice would be US (better ping/lag there for Oz players than EU server)
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

Thanks for highlighting this guys, it's a really cool game, especially for free! I'd recommend it to anyone with any interest in tanks. Better than a lot of payware tanks sims of the past.
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

whats your name there Barfly? same as here?