Is it possible to hack the iphone into becoming a verizon on

Pudfark

Re: Is it possible to hack the iphone into becoming a verizon on

Post by Pudfark »

Stand by Bapse....."Callmeslick" should be rendering an opinion for you in a few :mrgreen:
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Nope, the 3G and 3Gs are just as fast, depending on network coverage :)

( Look, I'm talking to a bot, from my iPhone :D )
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Anyof you unlocked iphone yet?

I'm still trying. :?
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

WTF?

almost bot-like
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Stand by Bapse....."Callmeslick" should be rendering an opinion for you in a few :mrgreen:
wrong, on two counts. I have little if any knowledge about Iphones. I don't venture opinions without being informed first. Second, I have enough sense to figure out, and not respond to, bots and the like.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

DKoor wrote:Anyof you unlocked iphone yet?

I'm still trying. :?

Google "Jailbreak" and not the Thin Lizzy song :)

Dead easy, and usually a restore puts it back to factory settings if you have any warranty issues, further to that, the sole provider in the UK, o2, will soon be offering unlatching options, in the rest of the free world I think EU/US law already allows it in theory at least.

However, most of the official Apple updates are good enough for most users, for more exotic tastes a simple DL of one file, the some twiddling, allows a Jailbreak and opens the doors to loads of possibilities :)
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I have enough sense to figure out, and not respond to, bots and the like.
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpGN0RWdJ9c
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

The Verizon network is CDMA, and the iphone is a GSM device. Basically it is like trying to listen to FM transmissions with an AM radio. It isn't going to happen.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Yellow77 wrote:The Verizon network is CDMA, and the iphone is a GSM device. Basically it is like trying to listen to FM transmissions with an AM radio. It isn't going to happen.
You can make a voice call on 3g/edge/gprs mate so your analogy is flawed. Cellular data/voice works many ways.

GSM networks can support voice, but be crap for data, unless a syncronious gprs, or better, stream is available, but the inverse is that you can use voice over edge/3g without a pure GSM signal.

ie if you can make a call, you might have a data stream, but, if you have a data stream, you CAN make a call.

At least in the UK and Europe, elswhere you guys might be using morse code and telegraph wires :) ( which in theory can transmit/receive data, but veeerry sloooowwlly ) :)