AAA MOD 4.09bm 1.2 is out

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Faustnik

AAA MOD 4.09bm 1.2 is out

Post by Faustnik »

The AAA MOD has some very interesting planes. There are late P-51s and early P-38s! It's good to see some new US fighters.
Jumoschwanz

Re: AAA MOD 4.09bm 1.2 is out

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I would not say I am seeing some new U.S. fighters, but as in all things MOD, someone else's ideal of them, not necessarily based in reality.
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Jumoschwanz wrote:I would not say I am seeing some new U.S. fighters, but as in all sim games, someone else's ideal of them, not necessarily based in reality.
Fixed, I do see what you are saying though. A lot of mods are just that, especially for the MSFS series. Some are really well done though...it's just that for Il-2 a fair proportion of the mod planes - especially new slot planes - were created in response to whiners. Not forgetting the frankenplanes. Still, some great maps have been made and a few fine planes, and after all Team Diadlos are also modders as well and they have done an outstanding job.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

JoeA wrote:
Jumoschwanz wrote:I would not say I am seeing some new U.S. fighters, but as in all sim games, someone else's ideal of them, not necessarily based in reality.
Fixed, I do see what you are saying though. A lot of mods are just that, especially for the MSFS series. Some are really well done though...it's just that for Il-2 a fair proportion of the mod planes - especially new slot planes - were created in response to whiners. Not forgetting the frankenplanes. Still, some great maps have been made and a few fine planes, and after all Team Diadlos are also modders as well and they have done an outstanding job.
All true but I'd still make a difference, huge difference, between modders and Team Daidalos.
Team Daidaols has some req's to meet, which aren't easy, while modders do not.
And frankly I'm yet to see some modded plane which is good for implementation in game.
Maps are another thing.
Team Daidalos must take care of every little detail, for instance as someone noted - anyone can make hi poly model look right but trick is to make lower poly looks right after all because they ahve to meet game req's (so all who purchased the game can play). Frankly all *whow* I've seen in the modded pits and planes are almost plain FPS killers... so I wonder how people whine that their game is slower with mods on (besides the huge content, game also stutters much more than stock game online).

Thing is... Team Daidalos must take care of all these things.

And also another thing... I never imagined that some people can take such piss on their work, after all this time we have been waiting for the OFFICIAL patch to get out.

This is a comedy gold example:
http://www.war-clouds.com/modules.php?n ... 0363#50363

It's a HUGE "wind in the back" for Team Daidalos enthusiasm to make a new patches. :evil:

I'm just glad that they aren't children so they wont succumb to such opinions.
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Sure, much thanks goes to team Diadelius for getting the official patch out.

I still don't like how mods have splintered the community. There are servers for 4.08m, 4.09m. and many different mod servers, 1.1, 1.2, and now 1.2.5 is out? and there is a 4.0 mod installer now that uses SFS files instead of zip files or something like that?

mod 1.1 flies on 4.09b, mod 1.2.5 is on 4.09m, I don't even know if I am getting all this right.

Every month that goes by, someone releases another mod or mod pack and further splinters the community, and I don't think this is a positive thing.

Isn't anyone going to ever seriously try to get the whole community on one page again?

Oh, and the dream 109 is out for Spits_vs_109s now, the E-1 with no cannons! I can see it now, the BoB is quickly going to be re-written as conflict mainly between 109E-1 and SpitMkI, you can bet your ass on that! Hell, I would not be surprised if I am flying the E-1 against Spit MkVs on that server....
JoeA

Post by JoeA »

I hear you Dkoor and Jumo!! The WORST is how some mods over at UBI and some other Il-2 sites pushed acceptance of this whole thing and seem to be blind as to the negative effects. :evil:
FatCat_99

Post by FatCat_99 »

JoeA wrote:The WORST is how some mods over at UBI and some other Il-2 sites pushed acceptance of this whole thing and seem to be blind as to the negative effects. :evil:
Typical mob behavior. Most of the guys who are now big mods supporters were against mods when they first appeared. When number of mod users reached critical mass lot of people joined the flow with reasoning if everybody is doing it why shouldn't I do it too.

Every critic of mods now remind those people that they maybe didn't do right thing and they don't want to hear it. They want to live in dreamland where mods are savior of Il2, that gives them excuse for use mods and remain "good" guys.

FC
"When You Side With A Man, You Stick With Him"
Faustnik

Post by Faustnik »

Jumoschwanz wrote:Spits_vs_109s
I get kicked with AAA 1.2 in ther Spit_vs_109s. :cry:

I must be doing something wrong. :oops:
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

Well, 1.2 runs like shit. The other day I flew on two different straight 4.09m servers and they were as smooth as silk, no problems. Then I jumped into a AAA 1.2 mod game run by the same squads running the 4.09m server I was just in and it had all kinds of freezes, stutters and pauses, one of which put me into the ground while doing ground-attack work.

Not to mention that despite running a phenomII @ 3.5ghz with 2gb or ram it takes freaking forever to load up.

So why do all the "allied" squads, the majority of squads cling to this piece of shit despite all it's problems and inaccuracies? The answer is simple, they get to warp the sim to fit their "ideals" of how it should be.

It does not matter to these douchebags if their selfishness splinters the community and degrades the integrity and performance and quality of IL2 as long as they get what THEY want.

All the more reason to hate the delusional cocksuckers that run the big servers in former allied countries. Fuck you cunts!

If I see you at a LAN party or convention I am going to kick your nuts up into your mouths then punch them back down along with your teeth. Then I will shove your rigs up your asses and beat your fucking faces in until you are unconscious.

Thanks for your time....