Won't stop till the citizens are poor

callmeslick

Re: Won't stop till the citizens are poor

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:Why wouldn't an oil company want to see lower taxes? The fact is that we can only afford to buy so much gas. People have shown they will drive less and buy less when gas is $4 a gallon compared to $2 a gallon.
thank you, Capt. Obvious. That probably was the intent of the legislation, to steer towards using LESS
GASOLINE.
Valero would like to sell gas.
ya think?

enjoy the march into economic oblivion. It shouldn't take more than a couple more generations.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

fatman wrote:
callmeslick wrote:However, the People still hold a huge number of outlets, should they actually get on the same page,
While they may blow smoke up your proverbial look at what they promise and say then take into account the follow thru or lack thereof, if it isnt in their best interests it wont happen and by best interests we are talking money and the next vote

Right, and as Soapy put well, there are ways the people can address that sort of stuff. A distracted public never will get organized enough.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Slick, I see that you confirm my accusation...by not denying it..
let me guess, logical thought isn't your strong suit?
.I really don't understand your concern about others having more money than you...
can you even read, at all? My concerns have been for those who have less, and for a nation that has been growing more economically divided into haves and have-nots.
although your arguement for those incapable of earning more, should be given more, is compelling...especially if you're one of them?
maybe someone else will point out the humor in this line for you, but I'll reply this way:
I've never, here or elsewhere, spoken in favor of government handouts, be it welfare that pays folks for doing nothing, nor the huge payments given via the tax code to the extremely wealthy. Healthcare is in the nation's best interest, for business owners, entrepreneurs, the government, individuals. That is why I support Universal Healthcare.
All of them were in harms way to protect our Constitution as was written and implemented at the time of their sacrafice...To fundamentally change our Constitution as you promote here and elsewhere is to dishonor them....
complete bullshit. The founding fathers seem, from the writings extant, to be very well aware that they had created a system that could be changed(gradually and thoughtfully...they put in measures to slow the process down to avoid stupid fads and whims). They were living in a pre-industrial, sparsely populated society, and were certainly smart enough to know that would not stay static. The men and women you seek to honor with your uninformed blather largely fought to defend this nation from dangers, both within and without. The men in Gettysburg, fundamentally, were parties to a dispute over the evolution of Federal authority over local autonomy, and we all know which side prevailed, right? I loathe your sort of bullshit patriotism, born of some ill-informed view of a reality that never existed. You, sir, do them the grave dishonor of invoking them to somehow rationalize your own lack of creativity, progress and knowledge of your own history.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:That probably was the intent of the legislation, to steer towards using LESS
GASOLINE.
Feck you're stupid. I have to drive about 400 miles a week for work. There's no if's and's or but's. Adding a 77 cent tax only hurts me and my business.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Pudfark wrote:
Slick, I see that you confirm my accusation...by not denying it..

Slick wrote:
let me guess, logical thought isn't your strong suit?

Pudfark sez: You still ain't denying it....but you "sport" the colors well Slick.....

Pudfark wrote:
.I really don't understand your concern about others having more money than you...

Slick wrote:
can you even read, at all? My concerns have been for those who have less, and for a nation that has been growing more economically divided into haves and have-nots.

Pudfark sez: Slick...take a course in economics...balance your checkbook, not your neighbors....work your job, let him work his...mow your own yard and let him..etc....but most of all, keep your nose out of his business...It really is nice and comforting for me to know that you believe my value is equal to yours...Thank You :lol:

Pudfark wrote:
although your arguement for those incapable of earning more, should be given more, is compelling...especially if you're one of them?

Slick wrote:
maybe someone else will point out the humor in this line for you, but I'll reply this way:
I've never, here or elsewhere, spoken in favor of government handouts, be it welfare that pays folks for doing nothing, nor the huge payments given via the tax code to the extremely wealthy. Healthcare is in the nation's best interest, for business owners, entrepreneurs, the government, individuals. That is why I support Universal Healthcare.

Pudfark sez: Since you are unable to point out the humor to me Slick...would some one please give Slick a little reach around and help him point out the humor....Slick, this one is a dab slippery, which wealthy Americans are getting these huge payments from the government? Is it cash or check? Slick...name names...point out the road apple in the street....you can't and you won't....
Universal Health Care? Now thats a hoot and giggle...If you really think not? Answer the questions below:

What is the exact cost/premium for an individual making $35,000.00 a year?

What are the coverages and limitations (exclusions and endorsements) ?

What amount are the deductables and out of pocket expenses?

Who services the policy?

Who settles disputes? Arbitration, Mediation or do you have to sue the government?

Oh, and where can I get a copy of all the above?

I can answer each one of those questions by looking at my own health insurance policy. So, show me how "Slick" you really are and answer the questions above....

Pudfark wrote:
All of them were in harms way to protect our Constitution as was written and implemented at the time of their sacrafice...To fundamentally change our Constitution as you promote here and elsewhere is to dishonor them....

Slick wrote:
complete bullshit. The founding fathers seem, from the writings extant, to be very well aware that they had created a system that could be changed(gradually and thoughtfully...they put in measures to slow the process down to avoid stupid fads and whims). They were living in a pre-industrial, sparsely populated society, and were certainly smart enough to know that would not stay static. The men and women you seek to honor with your uninformed blather largely fought to defend this nation from dangers, both within and without. The men in Gettysburg, fundamentally, were parties to a dispute over the evolution of Federal authority over local autonomy, and we all know which side prevailed, right? I loathe your sort of bullshit patriotism, born of some ill-informed view of a reality that never existed. You, sir, do them the grave dishonor of invoking them to somehow rationalize your own lack of creativity, progress and knowledge of your own history.

Pudfark sez: Yer first sentence sums up the rest of the paragraph....I agree with you...Wow, just Wow, it seemed like it was never gonna happen....Should we....hug? Really, Slick you should start every post with that short, but descriptive two word sentence...

Old Pudfark sez: You can catch more flies with honey....than vinegar....
fatman

Post by fatman »

ruggbutt wrote:
callmeslick wrote:That probably was the intent of the legislation, to steer towards using LESS
GASOLINE.
Feck you're stupid. I have to drive about 400 miles a week for work. There's no if's and's or but's. Adding a 77 cent tax only hurts me and my business.
Nope it hurts the country as a whole
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:
GASOLINE.
dude, I feel your pain, I drive perhaps a bit more than that and wouldn't like paying more. But, like cigarette taxes, if I'm costing society money, I figure it's fair that I pay my end.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:....Slick, this one is a dab slippery, which wealthy Americans are getting these huge payments from the government? Is it cash or check? Slick...name names...point out the road apple in the street....you can't and you won't....

thanks for the softball. I'll be glad to give you an example. We own a couple thousand acres of woods in VA,
planted in white pine. We just thinned the small stuff out, at a cost to us of a few thousand bucks, on 350 acres. I benefit, in the long run, because the remaining trees will grow better until harvest. Then, I get a check to cover a big chunk of the costs from a program designed to eliminate bark beetles. There are a ton of 'agricultural' subsides out there, designed with small farmers in mind that cut very large checks to wealthy landowners.
What is the exact cost/premium for an individual making $35,000.00 a year?

What are the coverages and limitations (exclusions and endorsements) ?

What amount are the deductables and out of pocket expenses?

Who services the policy?

Who settles disputes? Arbitration, Mediation or do you have to sue the government?
I'll let the folks here who enjoy universal coverage answer, as no such proposal has traction in congress.
....Should we....hug?
um, no. You might want to take a tutorial on using quotes, though...... :)
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote: if I'm costing society money, I figure it's fair that I pay my end.
I pay my end as well. But now we're already paying too much in taxes. The government spends money not taking into consideration that it should be in the coffers first before you spend it. And the current administration's solution was to print more money. And tax us more. Yeah, good call...................What you don't seem to get is the economy will downward spiral with this kind of taxation and spending. Everything you have in your home will be affected by a 77 cent tax. Higher energy costs, higher grocery costs, higher consumer costs and absolutely nothing to show for it but substandard health care that will also cover people in this country illegally. Since they aren't in the system then that's more money down the rathole. You post all the time some ignorant statements about the top few percent having the most wealth in the country. Clearly they aren't being affected so who is left to pay the massive debt? That would be the rest of us and there just isn't enough. So now we're going to have to drop our standard of living to pay for government programs that are fucked up. Give me one example of a government run program that runs efficiently and cost effectively. Post office? No. Medicare? No. Social Security? No.

Yeah, I have complete faith that our government will run health care correctly..............Sorry dude, the "it's fair if I pay my end" is bullshit. My end is 15-20% at the max. We're way above that.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Pudfark wrote:
....Slick, this one is a dab slippery, which wealthy Americans are getting these huge payments from the government? Is it cash or check? Slick...name names...point out the road apple in the street....you can't and you won't....

Slick answered:
thanks for the softball. I'll be glad to give you an example. We own a couple thousand acres of woods in VA,planted in white pine. We just thinned the small stuff out, at a cost to us of a few thousand bucks, on 350 acres. I benefit, in the long run, because the remaining trees will grow better until harvest. Then, I get a check to cover a big chunk of the costs from a program designed to eliminate bark beetles. There are a ton of 'agricultural' subsides out there, designed with small farmers in mind that cut very large checks to wealthy landowners.

Howdy Slick,

ROFLMAO.....the very thing you whine about and say you want to change,you are doing....
Enriching yourself at the expense of the poor....destroying pine bark beetle habitat.....increasing the carbon foot print by cutting down trees...and as a rich landowner, applying for and receiving a large check/reimbursement for facilitating the above....so, you can make a larger profit in the long term....and then you brag about it to me....still ROFLMAO....That makes you the 1% that you expouse to hate....and by the way, is "dinner" off, now that Virginia is gonna have a new govenor? Maybe, you can get a date with Barney Frank? I hear he likes wood, butt don't try to cash his check......

Old Pudfark sez: Plant a tree and don't be a Road Apple and take a government check fer it.......