CLoD

Movies, TV, Music, Videos, Gaming ... all things entertainment.
Pudfark

Re: CLoD

Post by Pudfark »

Whoops...have not checked here in a week....I see that I missed a couple of posts.....
I am also having "play-ability" problems....and have made a few posts at 1C....
All I know, feel....is that this next patch, had better be a real doozy....
Cuz, I ain't wasting anymore time trying to "coon finger" this sim...at least
not for a couple of months or until the forum folks at 1C concur that it is "fixed"....

I sure wish/hope they can fix it....
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well..........here it is 3 1/2 months later....a little bit more playable?
Seven months since release.....and arguably? 1/3 done....

When folks contemplate? What they paid for the sim and then the upgrades in hardware/software?
We all need some horizontal time on the leather couch...with a mental health care professional.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I got a new PC ( Win7 pro/ Quad core/ ATI 6950 ) and while I can play the game it still irks me as an unfinished product.
SP campaign has mission glitches which mean you can't complete them, the controls are borked, ammo loads defy logic and AI just rolls all the time even when you have shot all his control surfaces to shreds.

Not even went online with it either. However my 13 year old son likes to free fly some of the planes and is ace at stall recovery now. For me game wise BF3 will suffice until this game is working.

From now on if I ever mention buying a game out of loyalty, please bang me over the head with a waffle bat :)
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I sure some of y'all hang out at 1C, Banana Forums....and probably the Ubi Zoo....
Nobody, no where, knows nothing....about what's going on with this sim...
Some of them folks out there...Think their guesses are accurate information...
Others, think not....and I would be one of them.

My 56 years on the planet, indicate to me, somebody left the shrimp in the trunk at 1C...
At 1C's current pace? This sim is at least, a year, from now, to completion.....(maybe).
I don't see the funds holding out that long or most folks patience...

Nobody hopes I'm wrong, more than me.
This has nothing to do with what 1C has said,
more towards, what they have not said.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Pudfark wrote:This sim is at least, a year, from now, to completion.....(maybe).
I don't see the funds holding out that long or most folks patience...
I'd say that for rof year or two ago... but the truth is... they have a successful product there IMHO.

In the end, they initially charge you same as CLOD and you get a lot of planes (I think more flyables but am not sure). They are about equal there.
The difference is after you pay initial fee, you pay about 7-8 dollars per cockpit which can even be lower if you buy more cockpits (discount).
That is fine by me as it probably assures updates etc. and situation is quite different comparing to the CLOD as far as I can see.
People are used to get freebies with IL-2 but... I guess that wont cut it any more I wonder how it lasted so long with IL-2 anyway.

Community is much smaller I guess especially judging by the numbers of people online (about 100 average, maybe more on weekends) but that's fine by me 'cos those are the people that really supports dev of the the game unlike IL-2 where many played hacked/cracked product and then even whined on forums of this and that. :roll:
Some would say it's a rip off but I don't think so... $7 for shitload of work on some cockpit/internals ain't too much in my book.
In the end if 1000000 people play these kind of games (flight sims) instead of say few thousands then I guess it'd be 50c per cockpit but when you have few hundred (??) people buying that product then I understand the price.

About CLOD... I really don't know what the concept is there. They were always cryptic anyway.
Hope that game would eventually rise to IL-2 heights, and I have no much doubt that it will if only they continue to support it just like they used to on IL-2.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I see your point...

I don't disagree with you...

I guess?
We all, will wait and see.....

Truth be told...I'm pessimistic...because of the "cryptic stuff"...
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

About CLOD... I really don't know what the concept is there. They were always cryptic anyway.
Hope that game would eventually rise to IL-2 heights, and I have no much doubt that it will if only they continue to support it just like they used to on IL-2.
Il2 was the flight sim I'd dreamed about when I was playing games on an Atari STe, the demo for game just about ran on my PC but with no plane skins etc but had me hooked, it also was more than a game for me, it gained me new real life as well as online friends. Il2 was more than a game it was brilliant. CLoD though, is a big money hole for loads of people. A huge beta test that only worked because we are hoping it will get the same support as IL2 did. The attention to detail for the fuel bowsers and trucks and other ground objects is great, but why bother when the AI model is still porked, people have many issues on top end systems and UTD o/s and even the SP stuff is hit and miss.

It's a real shame as now I have a PC that can play the game at high settings and get me 50-60 fps, but I don't feel like I want to play it.
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

Sorry to hear that.
CLOD took shitload of time to get done and I don't hear exactly great reviews... I'll get the game this week almost certainly (I already should not sure why the shipping delay :? ), and I'll probably have two issues then. Crappy GPU and buggy game - great combo :lol: . But at least I'll be able to do panoramic flying around in Hurri :) . I think.

Last couple of days I got hooked on RoF - more precisely single player career... it's probably the best concept in flight sims yet. Mind you, nothing revolutionary it is simple as it should be. And nice feature is that you can compare your progress to every other player that is playing a career and also separate stats to those that play career with the same unit as you.

All being said, I think I'll spend more time with ROF than CLOD as it is now.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Rise of Flight might be my new flight sim ( the free version anyway ) as I prefer ww1 era planes anyway ( 50 percent of the MP missions I made in Il2 were attempts at ww1 stuff :) )

On my old PC it wouldn't run, but it will on this new one, so on the morn I will DL it and have a gander :)
DKoor

Post by DKoor »

You basically get a FULL GAME but only two flyables in that DEMO.
Game is unlimited, meaning there is no time limit or something like that.
But I think you'll want at least ICE version with 9 flyables in it.
A really nice game, too bad it didn't raised more attention - I understand that people know about it, but it haven't reached IL-2's cult status.
However, I think it should. The only thing that separates them is - money. IL-2, hands down, was cheaper and crackable something that cannot be said about ROF so... smaller fanbase is understandable, but I say that's a pity considering how few developers are into this kind of stuff (vintage planes sims).