Well christmas has just been ruined

fatman

Well christmas has just been ruined

Post by fatman »

To IW.NET Australia says no how can iw come from cod 4 to mw2 and feck it up so much no dedicated servers max 9vs9 multiplayer basically a console port :evil:
Daiichidoku

Re: Well christmas has just been ruined

Post by Daiichidoku »

only found that out now? :P

but yea, it is teh suxk...also, no dedicated servers, so no mod games (not that i care a hoot about modded COD, but still)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Du ... _Warfare_2

For the PC version, Infinity Ward decided to implement a matchmaking service similar to what console versions have: the IWNET working through Steam. This system however takes away the dedicated servers which means there will be no more mods or community made maps. Also, since the multiplayer runs with Steam, the PunkBuster anti-cheat system has been replaced by VAC.[27] It has also been confirmed by two developers at Infinity Ward that the PC version will share the same player cap that the console versions at 18 players (or up to 9 vs. 9 matches).

The announcement made in October 2009 that the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 would not support the use of user-run dedicated servers was received poorly by the majority of the PC community.[36] The resulting negative response to reinstate dedicated servers by some of the community drew Infinity Ward's own response on the matter in an effort to put the community at ease.[27][37] Currently a petition and boycott have been organized in an attempt to have the decision reversed.[38]

czech out the VAC that will be MW2's anti-cheat..wonderful :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

its no wonder there are so many WaW servers now named "boycottMW2"

i think i will
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Folks, this is a ploy by Microshaft to eliminate online gaming unless you're using Microsoft's software and hardware. Pay to play, so to speak. The lies thrown about that PC will be released later because of piracy is a bunch of bullshit. I did some research (cuz I'm not a console fag) and I saw that on "certain" websites you can download a torrent of MW2. In fact, with the PC version available for torrent there are more torrents for MW2 for each console platform than there are for PC. Anyone who thinks that these kids today don't have computers and can't figure out how to pirate games for the console are stoned. And then there's "chip"ping a console so you can defeat copy protection, etc.

The powers that be are trying to wean people off of dedicated servers so that it's no longer free to play. Plain and simple.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
fatman

Post by fatman »

Well i def wont be purchasing it and a lot of other people
Yes - Pre-ordered 5% 5% [ 12 ]
Yes - Will buy it after release 11% 11% [ 25 ]
Yes - But On Console 4% 4% [ 10 ]
No - Cancelled my pre-order 14% 14% [ 32 ]
No - Just no damnit! 56% 56% [ 126 ]
I will be buying candeh 9% 9% [ 20 ]
Lets hope it flops so they can work on the next installment and hopefully not feck it up to much, i may aquire a copy for single player but they wont see a dollar