planning a wedding....

callmeslick

planning a wedding....

Post by callmeslick »

....is going to drive me insane. My daughter(only child) is getting married on Dec.12, and the women-folk
are getting more batty by the day. Hell, my part is done: secure nice eatery for reception and rake together a pile of cash to pay for it, along with dresses, hair salon bills, makeup person, etc, etc, etc. The commotion caused by the females involved, by this point, is increasing daily and I'm ready to take a monthlong leave from work, head to the VA place and fish until, say, the 10th or 11th, and them come back up north. Aiiiiiiieeeeee!!!

p.s. come to think of it, the Chincoteague Striper Tournament starts in a couple of weeks....hmmmm.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: planning a wedding....

Post by CUDA »

I've done it twice now with 2 of my daughters and also with 1 son although its not quite the same, I still have to go through it with 2 more daughters and 3 more sons. and yes I have 8 kids. hey maybe I should contact the discovery channel and get a reality TV show 8-)
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

JoeA

Post by JoeA »

Well congrats Slick.

Congrats as well to Cuda...8!!! :)
Conga

Post by Conga »

Wow Cuda- For God and Country! I got clipped early. All I have to do is buy a pressie for the nieces.
Good luck Slick, remember to keep the hell out of the way. :mrgreen:

(BTW- The smiles still totally suck here)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:I've done it twice now with 2 of my daughters and also with 1 son although its not quite the same, I still have to go through it with 2 more daughters and 3 more sons. and yes I have 8 kids. hey maybe I should contact the discovery channel and get a reality TV show 8-)
definitely, you missed a chance to be famous, otherwise. Keep us posted, I think TLC is open in Jon and Kate's old spot! :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Conga wrote: Good luck Slick, remember to keep the hell out of the way. :mrgreen:
I'm trying, but I swear, it's impossible sometimes. Today, for example: I am laying low, watching football and eating wings with my nephew, and soon-to-be son in law. The women are out, with maid of honor and her mom, to finalize dress situation. M of H is still drunk from prior night's party, and has stashed remainder of Party Supplies in trunk of her mom's car. Hilarity ensues, I get called to pick up Wife and Child at restaurant just as Penn State starts to pick up steam. No dress stuff done, I'm out the 40 bucks they spent on lunch,
I miss a touchdown or two. Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!
ditto, on the smilies. :evil:
fatman

Post by fatman »

So the green card wedding for me is off then :cry:
And congrats dude hope its a nice day and dont get to teary, and one thing to keep in mind the wedding i was a groomsman at back in september the father of the bride amde the most obnoxious inappropriate and yet funny speech the world has ever seen you may want to try the same.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Fatman: I'm thinking of keeping it short and simple. Something along the lines of , " I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a complete idiot." :)