Secret Service or is it "Sorry Security"

nicolas10

Re: Secret Service or is it "Sorry Security"

Post by nicolas10 »

In normal times I'd agree with you about the best way to invest.

But I fear this is not normal times. Hope I'm wrong though.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

"normal" is somewhat overrated IMHO. It would have to be wildly out of control for basic rules to stop working. In other words, that same philosophy has worked for a few hundred years(basically, ever since wealth left the complete control of the aristocracy), what is so radically different now from other times in
history?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

callmeslick wrote:
Wullie wrote:The ONLY precious metals I'm investing these days are lead and steel.

When it breaks down and times get tough, I'll use my lead and steel to take some gold or whatever else I need.

If I lose that argument, then whoever wins it can enjoy my stuff as I won't need it anymore.

sort of fatalistic, Wullie. Those with the gold and 'stuff' can hire mercenaries to protect them. In other
words, yer fecked.
Yes, it is fatalistic. I have no faith in your boy and the cunt Pelosi, and even less in what is left of our so called REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT. ( latest health care scam they want to shove up our asses in spite of very low approval numbers by the people they supposedly "represent" is a case in point)

Mercenaries? I've been there and done that.

Just what makes you think they are any better than I am?

I haven't forgotten.

I don't relish it as a lifestyle, but I have and still can live off the land as well.

Here's a little factoid for you, are you aware of the fact that every animal has enough brains to tan its' own hide? The great thing about brain tanned hide is that you can eat it if times get bad enough.

What are you going to spend when they decide the NEW currency is totally unrelated to the dollar and the old dollar becomes very a poor excuse for toilet paper?

I truly hope none of the above scenarios happen in what's left of my lifetime.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote:What are you going to spend when they decide the NEW currency is totally unrelated to the dollar and the old dollar becomes very a poor excuse for toilet paper?
whatever other currencies and/or commodities I've transferred my assets to long before that point. C'mon, when does an event like that happen overnight?
I truly hope none of the above scenarios happen in what's left of my lifetime.
likewise, but I was sort of looking forward to visiting you for a meal of brain-tanned armadillo! :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

callmeslick wrote:"normal" is somewhat overrated IMHO. It would have to be wildly out of control for basic rules to stop working. In other words, that same philosophy has worked for a few hundred years(basically, ever since wealth left the complete control of the aristocracy), what is so radically different now from other times in
history?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2009/d ... rs-europol

:P
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

sorry, nic, but nothing in those links bears any relevance.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

1st link was just for amusement value.

2nd there are many true things in that link. Altough it certainly can't be taken like gospel;

Nic