A lounge by any other name...

Tolwyn
Site Admin

A lounge by any other name...

Post by Tolwyn »

I'm happy to announce the creation of a political forum. Please discuss politics there and not here. Thanks.
Soapy

Re: A lounge by any other name...

Post by Soapy »

Yay :D

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I asked this on the Political Forum, but will do so here as well.
Why??
One of the beauties, IMO, of this place always was that in the Lounge, one could get into debates and discussions, in one spot, over politics, religion, gaming, drums, soccer and dog-peen. I'm serious about that,
and disappointed at the peeling-off of one topic, as I never like subforums all that much. Really, if this wasn't seen as needed in the heyday of g00se, Fly, Helos et al, why now, when you have less than 100 members, with about two or three dozen active?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Tolwyn
Site Admin

Post by Tolwyn »

Easy answer.

The lounge is the lounge, not the political discussion forum.
Otherwise, it'd be named the soapbox.

Lounge, to relax, to discuss non-political or polarizing views. Polarizing views are not relaxing, you can't lounge there. Ergo, the lounge shouldn't be a host for them.

I could rename the poltical forum "Polarizing Viewpoints" I suppose, if you'd like.

But ACWOS still is after new customers, and new customers likely would be put off by polarizing discussions in the Lounge.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

is there some software glitch that I wasn't aware of that is forcing people to read threads with contention in them, if they don't want to?? Sorry, Tolwyn, but I have to be honest, that was a pretty lame defense.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I mean, read through the thread titles. Are you suggesting that your target membership is so slow-witted they can't see the potentially divisive threads there? Or, further, that one can't 'kick back and have a laugh',
not to mention 'relax' and still enjoy a good divisive thread?? Different strokes for different folks, and all that, but it strikes me as thin-skinned on the same level as the 'we'll take our ball and make a new forum' attitude that gave the world the Pilot's Pub.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I agree with Slick. Lame.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Are you suggesting that having polarized views is limited to politics?

What if we get into a knock-down drag-out over which is better, blondes or red heads?
Will there be a sub forum called "Hair Colour"?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Are you suggesting that having polarized views is limited to politics?
no, he's defining politics as anything divisive.
What if we get into a knock-down drag-out over which is better, blondes or red heads?
Will there be a sub forum called "Hair Colour"?
no that will be moved to the politics forum. In the meantime, we can rename the Lounge with the subtitle,
"where seldom is heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day"
Conga

Post by Conga »

This place has turned largely into the slick v rugg forum, with a couple of others occasionally chiming in. What is gone, is the humor. Toast. nada.
I don't think having you two take it outside is going to bring new life, because there isn't the funny here, and there is no one to bring it. That IMO is the only thing that will bring new life to this place.