Hey Slick and the 41st president

Pudfark

Re: Hey Slick and the 41st president

Post by Pudfark »

Note: Pork barrel changed to earmark so as not to offend the presidents religious feelings....and by the way?....does Obama eat pork?....or just endorse it?

Seemed like a fun thing to throw into the mix.....

Old Pudfark sez: "is it bacon and eggs or waffles and boybutter??" :mrgreen:
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Does that surprise you? Both sides do that. 1) All politicians spend our money freely because they can. It's not real to them, it's just a number 2) Hatch has turned his back on his party and has been an enemy of the other party for years. That's probably a good thing though. But let's not forget that he was part of the good 'ol boy network for a long long time and now he's seen the light? Something doesn't add up.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Hatch has LONG been something of a fiscal watchdog. I can remember, way back, when he and Bill Roth
(senator from Delaware) used to hammer Congress and various admins on wasteful spending. That gets me to another trip down memory lane: Remember when we had a two-party system in which one party(D) was willing to spend big on "noble goals", and the other party(R) was one of fiscal restraint and reluctance to intervene on the International arena?? That balance worked pretty well for a long time, yielding a pretty stable economy, limited large social programs which helped people, restraint on the urge to send the military into any damned situation and within reason, fair taxation. Now, we have the Dems and the Repubs with little self-restraint, going through wild ideological swings in which they spend a decade or so undoing what the other group did, with no regard for striking a balance. Not good.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

:arrow: "Well Said" :!:

Old Pudfark sez: "a moment of clarity...pass the blackeyed peas...please"
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

speaking of Blackeyed Peas, Pud, we are doing the Roast Pork and BEP's for New Year's day.
I know I'm supposed to be cooking some greens, too, but I never have liked either collards
or turnips, so no greens at Chez Slick.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote: Now, we have the Dems and the Repubs with little self-restraint, going through wild ideological swings in which they spend a decade or so undoing what the other group did, with no regard for striking a balance. Not good.
OMFG! Don't let me find out that you're abandoning your DNC "drink the kool aid and tow the party line" ways?................
All the cool LOMAC stuff
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

:roll:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

+1 :roll:
That statement coming from an ultra-right-wing conservative is just silly in the extreme.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:+1 :roll:
That statement coming from an ultra-right-wing conservative is just silly in the extreme.
That statement is proof positive that you don't comprehend what you read nor retain said information even if you do. I've stated here that abortion is no one's business but the woman, that we should save the whales, stop polluting our water, not clear cut trees. Those are "left" leaning don't you think?
All the cool LOMAC stuff