Mass. Transformation...

callmeslick

Re: Mass. Transformation...

Post by callmeslick »

Now, for a separate post on what this means for healthcare reform, specifically. It might come as a surprise to some of you(hell, the numbers even surprised me), but I spent a meeting recently going over nationwide polling data. With various key hot button words removed, and replaced by simple descriptions of the various options, it turns out that the public in the US, by a margin of 63% to 25%(rest undecided) wants to see, essentially, Medicare from birth to death. In other words, single-payer, universal healthcare.....sort of similar to what most of the rest of the civilized world enjoys.
What our Congress has delivered is a watered-down mess, catering to Insurance interests. This is partially the fault of the Democratic members, many of whom are in the pockets of the Insurers, and helped greatly by a GOP that didn't wish to discuss any options. Well, the good people of Massachusetts didn't like that crappy version. It ISN"T that folks in that state don't like universal healthcare insurance, they voted it in, and Brown himself campaigned on the fact the Senate plan would screw up the state plan.
Thus, Pudfark, and others dancing over the 'death' of healthcare reform, for the final push to single payer national coverage. No, it won't be reality by March, but mark my words, it is coming. Employers want it, the public approves of it, it can be sold easily. And, the Dems know, that to solidify their crippled national support, it HAS to get done somehow. So, enjoy the party, and the illusions, now. Change is coming.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

last post in a series of 3. What yesterday means to Obama, or says to the Obama administration. In a sense, it WAS a warning shot across the bow. Hardly fatal, but a warning nonetheless. I think the message being sent, in practical political terms, isn't what some of you might wish to think. Like I said in the post on general points, Obama's election was the start of an ongoing trend(triggered, I think, by the economic meltdown) toward the public finally reaching a level of disgust with the status quo of American politics. Now, these moments can lead in some scary directions, but our nation's history has shown that corrections can be made, without radical stupidity prevailing. For Obama, it is a matter of taking charge and doing the sort of systematinc change he promised.
A few days ago, I wrote an email to a major Administration official. In it, I pointed out that I was one pissed-off supporter, donor and fundraiser(this being politics, those last two get them to keep reading, I've found).
The reader knows me personally, so he didn't need the reminder, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. In the letter, I tried to point out where they have fecked up. In short, the people elected them, because they believed in THEM, not in the Democratic House or Senate leadership. Unfortunately, in this first year, they have consistently given in and made amends for that Congressional leadership, when their supporters wanted them to run roughshod over them. If they get back to being agents of change, instead of tiptoeing around the status quo, the public still seems to hold a lot of hope that they can lead. Poll numbers clearly show little support for either the Democratic or Republican congressional delegations. Frankly, both should be tossed out
on their asses, so we can start fresh. Folks clearly get the point that Obama tried to get everyone to change their tunes and work for the public good. That failed. Now, it's time to grab Congress by their collective nuts and drag them in a radically new direction of responsiveness. If Obama can do that, he's an easy two term President. If he continues to bow to Congress on every major policy directive, he's sunk. Its that simple.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Slick whut I done said to Yeller applies to you......sniff, sniff...blot...sniff

Here be it fer you...the concise version.................

This Fall......will be the "fall"...........git it?

Old Pudfark sez: "When the leaves is a turnin...The Dem's will be a churnin..."
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Yer part three (Slick) must be that there "change" everbodie be talkin about......

Old Pudfark sez: " Change...uh huh..yeah, right....in yer dreams... "
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

They might as well just re-name this place Pilot's Pube II.
Propwash

Post by Propwash »

Awe poor yeller.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Yellow77 wrote:They might as well just re-name this place Pilot's Pube II.
Might as well since you wanna blow the 3H's. Faggot.
bearkiller wrote:What's round, brown,, lays on the ground, and smells like Ruggbutt?
STFU n00b. If you wanna try to fit in at least do what Slick does and make up some facts (don't bother to back them up) and then wait for me to prove you wrong. Slick is far from having a clue about politics. Shit, he doesn't have a clue about people in general.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

don't cry for me. Oh, and any relation to the Pube is seen by Yellow only......
Like I say, wait and see. Y'all might be shocked at what you see. Hell, you usually are, so why not this time?

oh, and :lol: :lol: :lol: Ruggie. Lessee, I've been right about politics more times than you can count, so if I'm just winging it, I'm one lucky sombitch, eh? BTW, some folks in central PA will get to see my name on the Dem primary ballot in May. w00t!! Slick's going to raise hell on the state Dem committee(if I win, that is....) :)
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

I'm not a George Bush worshiper, far from it. I never voted for him, and never waited with baited breath on his every word like the 3 H's. I long for the day when Dick Cheney is in chains for the crimes he committed against this country. This is a neo-con board now. Good luck Slick.