Absolutely gutted

No Politics.
fatman

Absolutely gutted

Post by fatman »

The GM wanktards in Detroit have closed up Holdens Aussie made production no more V8's and what really blows is no more Commodores the only cars i have ever owned :( And guess what these dicks will try to cram down our throat a mid sized front wheel drive car made in China fuck that shit. Not sure what ill do for a largeish rear wheel drive v6 or v8 might have to go BMW or something or oh the horror a Nissan :shock:
Pudfark

Re: Absolutely gutted

Post by Pudfark »

I feels yer pain. Front wheel drive cars....just don't hold up in the long run. Take good care of what ya got now.....
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:I feels yer pain. Front wheel drive cars....just don't hold up in the long run.
let's see, in my life, I've owned a Corolla that went 256,000 miles, a CHEVETTE, for crying out loud, that I gave at 175,000 to a friend for his kid who drove it another 33,000, I had a Hyundai Sonata that got traded in at 190,000.....yeah, those pigs just don't last. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take good care of what ya got now.....
always good advice.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

For folks who just putt-putt back and forth to work, gay rallies....and hybrids...maybe?

For folks who "have" to drive a car, as in get there? They don't hold up. As you pointed out front wheel drive has been around a long time. Look around and see what the cops drive over the last 30 years? Look around and see that some are now driving front wheel shit and many are driving SUV's/Pickups.
Why? No more suitable rear wheel drive vehicles being made. Hence, fatman's dilemma.

I remember driving a chevette (shitvette) back in the early 70's....it was a pile.
I'm currently running my 14 year old Chevy PU.....200 thousand plus miles....same tranny...rearend...
waterpump...on second set of plugs...same radiator...second set of brakes, first set went 160 + thousand miles...fourth set of tires...it's a 5.3litre V8 and it still gets a dab better than 20mpg. The vehicle, other'n a plug swap and oil changes, has never had a tuneup....ever. I reasonably expect at least another 100 thousand miles out of it.

I have two other vehicles...both Honda's...and yeah, they are as good as they say....both inherited.
Both expensive to maintain, when required. One of them has 55 thousand miles and has cost me 3X more than I have spent in total on my PU in 14 years.

So, that's my POV.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, I'll be the first to admit that the Chevette(my first new car) I owned was likely the best single Chevette the Ohio plant ever turned out. As for 'really driving', every one of those cars mentioned was MY car, hence they were, for some period of time, my FISHING car. They drove on logging roads, unpaved state roads, over little creeks and through meadows. They drove on places they likely shouldn't have down at the Atlantic coast, as well. Even work trips for me involved high-speed driving on Interstates and other major roads. The Chevette went cross-country twice, and down to Miami and back several times.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

My 1989 320i just went over 300 000 km :P

That's a bit over 250 000 miles for you retards.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yup confirmed now if they think me or my mates mates will buy a chinese made front wheel drive 4 cylinder they are msitaken welcome to the world of zero sales

http://www.news.com.au/national/the-201 ... 6783057648

Oh yeah
Holden insiders are now fighting to make a V6 available as an option on the future Commodore.
They think this will gloss over all the other issues
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Uhm FYI the chevette was not a fwd vehicle
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Whoopsies...you may be right?
I mostly remember it as a POS.
:oops:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Aussies have cars?