Mass. Transformation...

Pudfark

Re: Mass. Transformation...

Post by Pudfark »

Slick wrote:Lessee, I've been right about politics more times than you can count

Old Pudfark sez: " Slick ya ain't been "right" about nuthin...you a leftie "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you're wrong, as usual. I'm more of a centrist. I call it(amongst the Dem gatherings), a 'pragmatic progressive', as I'm all about getting progress done, as opposed to whining about the right, the corporations,etc. The far left types hate me. Actually, one of the reasons I'm running for the committeeman thing is to keep the loonier wing of the Dems in check.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Callmeslick, you and your commie friends miss the point.
The most left wing tax and spend state in the nation
just elected a conservative REPUBLICAN.

Note, a REPUBLICAN in a staunch neocommunist state.
The people have tired of the elected rulers and want
a return to REPRESENTATIVE goverment.

A year ago Marcel the Monkey could have beaten any Republican in
the DPRM. They love a one party rule in Massachusettes.
It's out little slice of North Korea here in the US.

Face it, the momentum is with the Republicans. You commies hiding
behind masks marked as a liberal have a nasty suprise in store.

That vote was indeed a referendum on the Obama regime.
It's over you bleeding heart tax and spend commies.

Step aside, here we come!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote:Callmeslick, you and your commie friends miss the point.
The most left wing tax and spend state in the nation
just elected a conservative REPUBLICAN.
you call a pro-choice, anti gun, supporter of the Mass Universal Healthcare bill a Conservative?
Thanks, for updating your definition.
Note, a REPUBLICAN in a staunch neocommunist state.
The people have tired of the elected rulers and want
a return to REPRESENTATIVE goverment.
this part, I agree with. We might part ways on what the PEOPLE want, from those representing them, but I do think the voters are ready to chuck the self-serving, non-productive nitwits. You could see it in MA, in New Jersey, and in upstate NY. No liberal vs. conservative trend, just a throw-the-bums out mood. Good, I say.
A year ago Marcel the Monkey could have beaten any Republican in
the DPRM. They love a one party rule in Massachusettes.
It's out little slice of North Korea here in the US.
I think economic issues changed all that. Hell, who'd have thought the US was going to elect a black guy as President? Or, even that the Dems would nominate him over the tried-and-true(Hillary, or Edwards)?
if you believe that, it ain't me that's in for a surprise.
That vote was indeed a referendum on the Obama regime.
It's over you bleeding heart tax and spend commies.
then, why did a majority of Tuesday's voters support the Obama administration and say they were doing
a good, or excellent job, in the exit polls?? For that matter, why did NJ and VA voters in the fall overwhelmingly support the administation?? Obama doesn't represent the old guard, that's why.

Like I say, think what you will. Reality might come as a shock.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:you call a pro-choice, anti gun, supporter of the Mass Universal Healthcare bill a Conservative?
Anti-gun? Fag. And I mean that in the true sense of the word. If you're anti-gun you're anti-free speech, anti-refusal to incriminate yourself or the rest of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights. Unless you're one of those morons that think the Bill of Rights is about individual rights except for the 2cd Amendment. Which means you're just plain clueless.
but I do think the voters are ready to chuck the self-serving, non-productive nitwits...............just a throw-the-bums out mood.
So everyone came to their senses upon Teddy's death? Uh huh.........................
Hell, who'd have thought the US was going to elect a black guy as President?
Part of that is that McCain was too old and too clueless (not to mention the chick running with him). Part was that people believed the (bullshit) promises. Barry is quite charming. And part of that was white guilt. Seriously.
even that the Dems would nominate him over the tried-and-true(Hillary, or Edwards)?
IMHO Edwards was a better choice. But that goes with the right as well. They nomiated the worse choice their party had to offer.
why did a majority of Tuesday's voters support the Obama administration and say they were doing
a good, or excellent job, in the exit polls?
I've been asked to answer questions for exit polls when I was voting. The majority of the people who were asked couldn't be bothered. Exit polls aren't even close to being a true representation.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:
callmeslick wrote:you call a pro-choice, anti gun, supporter of the Mass Universal Healthcare bill a Conservative?
Anti-gun? Fag. And I mean that in the true sense of the word. If you're anti-gun you're anti-free speech, anti-refusal to incriminate yourself or the rest of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights. Unless you're one of those morons that think the Bill of Rights is about individual rights except for the 2cd Amendment. Which means you're just plain clueless.
I wasn't referring to myself. It's just that Mr. Brown has been known to support certain gun control bills in Mass. and HappyHappy referred to Brown as a 'Conservative Republican'. Maybe by the Massachusetts definiton of Conservative, but.....

The rest of my points you either avoided altogether or danced around like Fred Astaire.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

from folks who know this stuff better than HappyHappy:

"Scott Brown won the special Senate election in Massachusetts over Martha Coakley yesterday. . . . based upon his voting record in the Massachusetts State Senate as well the Votesmart surveys of MA state legislators (include his own from 2002), I [Boris] estimate that Brown is to the left of the leftmost Republican in the Senate, Olympia Snowe of Maine [typo fixed] and to the right of the rightmost Democrat in the Senate, Ben Nelson of Nebraska. Just as important, Brown stands to become the pivotal member of the Senate—that is, the 60th least liberal (equivalently, the 40th most conservative)–a distinction previously held by Nelson"

this article goes on to state that should Brown wish to be re-elected in 2012, he will have to become considerably more liberal than he currently is, given that he just won a race in which the far left either didn't vote, or voted for him out of protest. He won't be facing Coakley next time around, and will have to go far to the left of Snowe to survive. Conservative, my ass.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

In the DPRM Brown is VERY conservative.
Here to the north in the great state of Newhampshire he
would be a left wing Democcrat.

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote:Callmeslick, you and your commie friends

speaking of missing the point......you know, I always chuckle when I see you right-wing loons characterize ME as some sort of extremist. I'm not. In fact, after checking the voting records, I could safely say that if I lived in Massachusetts, and were faced with an election between Brown and John Kerry, I would take Brown any day. Honestly, I would. You see, it's not about ideology, it's about intelligence. Brown seems like a pretty bright guy, and Kerry, well, he's as dumb as a post. I've spent a bit of time in Dem circles decrying candidates that get put up that are unworthy. Gore, Kerry, Edwards.....give me a break. I did back Obama,
with a chunk of my own cash, and soliciting literally hundreds of thousands in other people's money, because of one key fact: he's bright enough to adapt to a complex world. Nothing has changed that yet, despite the fact that I am VERY upset with their allowing Congress to dictate legislation, as well as their continuation of Bush's policies allowing domestic spying outside the legal framework. I still have faith that Obama can see what the people want and make it happen.
What will kill this nation is the fight over blind, stupid, inflexible ideologies. That, and continuing to accept politicians that have lost sight of the Constitution and the interest of the citizens. It happens on both sides.
Can any of you Repubs tell me that you thought it was a good idea when the GOP-led congress chose to intervene in Terry Schiavo's family life? Do you really think government should be in the marriage business, at all? Is it ok, on the right, to keep maintaining a tax code that few understand, and a select few benefit from?
Really, Happy, and the rest of you. Get past the ideology and think......and try and elect leaders capable of thinking, cooperating and focusing on the real problems. Then, perhaps, the nation will get someplace. In the meantime, the whole ship keeps sinking and everyone loses.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote:In the DPRM Brown is VERY conservative.
Here to the north in the great state of Newhampshire he
would be a left wing Democcrat.

HH

to the left of Shaheen(sp??). I don't know about that. NH isn't all that more conservative than Maine, and while more conservative(at least when I went to school there) than Mass and VT, it isn't exactly Alabama, either.