Well, I'll admit:

callmeslick

Well, I'll admit:

Post by callmeslick »

my prediction was low across the board, and the GOP had a fine night. Congrats to all who won! Those would, of course, include Shaheen in New Hampshire, and the Senators in my home states. I really hadn't followed the Senate races much, didn't give a dime, saving what little I spent this time on Governors races(one winner, one loser there). Frankly, I was appalled at the cowardice of many of the victims of last evening in defending their party or their party's President. By doing so, the pushed perceptions of the brand they hoped to sell down, them with it. Further, by avoiding Obama, I am starting to suspect that they lost much of the Obama electoral team, who are flat-out the best on the planet. Bar none, and that is from what I've seen in 40 years around politics. I know I was contacted by no one on that team to work phones, coodinate mailings, analyze polling data or any of the other work which I was contacted for in prior years. I was, on the other hand, pummelled with money solicitations, and, along with a lot of mid-size donors, was getting pretty pissed off and tight with the wallet.
Another matter is candidate selection for open seats. Despite a clear public mood of 'change it all', the Dems seemed hell-bent in many districts to nominate tired candidates who were clearly political hacks. They did so in my old district in PA, to my dismay, and he lost as badly last night as I told them he would. Despite winning, running that woman in Mass who lost to Brown for Senate was idiotic for the party branding.
Oh well, it's over, and let the real circus of 2016 begin. I hope McConnell meant what he seemed to imply last night about old school Senate which gets things done. I hope that includes Presidential appointments, and doesn't mean 2 years of sending bad bills which hurt the nation and its economy and nothing bipartisan. We'll see. The nation will go on, it always does. After 6 years of abject negativity, let's see what the GOP has by way of a plan.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: Well, I'll admit:

Post by Pudfark »

That took some effort, Slick.
I see it (nearly always) as a dab more simple for the next two years....'broom & dust pan' and then for 2016 the 'mop'. Not trying to 'outright' thieve on tired cliches? However, though, a 'top down, bottom up' sorta cleaning.

I'll go a little further with my opinions and include this bit...
When something is an outright failure?
You don't turn around and compromise with it.

The people spoke yesterday and those in office and those elected....better listen, this time.
For sure, Obama won't, didn't, hasn't and not likely to listen.

Reid was the 'veto' boy before....now it's up/down to Obama.

Old Pudfark sez: " It's gonna be like watching a poodle pass a peach seed, that don't give a shit... "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and a correction/update--that loser the Dems ran for Governor in Mass. lost. As she deserved, too. As you all know, I don't think the GOP offers much that is good for the nation, but if the Dems are going to run like scared, spineless sheep for election and assume they will get supported, they'll get kicked. Last night, I briefly heard parts of an exchange with Newt Gingrich and Jay Carney in which they both agreed that functionally, the nation was still 50/50 on a lot of big stuff, and that voting is important when so many races come down to a percentage point or two. Both said the night showed a lot of good in the system(even Carney), and both warned that failing to produce positives in a Congress currently held in low regard will be a disaster for the GOP in 2016, when a lot of 2010 GOP seats come up.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Fair enough assessment, Slick.
Give this a thought?
The POTUS put the 'onus'/'ownus' on the Congress for the last four years.
Shift-Yesterday
The Congress will now place the 'onus' on the POTUS....where it has (no pun intended) rightfully belonged..all along.

Obama has arguably 6 weeks to get his 'house' in order. Replace Holder? Which I doubt?
Then ya factor in the DOJ dumping 64000 documents yesterday on the Fast n Furious scandal?
The few remaining 'loyal' supporters in the Senate to help confirm a replacement...after yesterdays blood bath?
It will be interesting to see how many more punches the Dem Party will take for Obama?

Billary is a dead duck politically at this point...she is literally the mill stone around the Dem Party neck.
Her word, campaigning, appearances to promote your candidates this fall was beyond laughable...hell, it was embarrassing.

I'm not trying to beat up on you....I credit you with the intelligence to have seen all of this coming.
I just hope, you personally prepared for it.

Old Pudfark sez: " when yer standing really close to the fire, ya better pay particular attention to the wind direction. "
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Fair enough assessment, Slick.
Give this a thought?
The POTUS put the 'onus'/'ownus' on the Congress for the last four years.
Shift-Yesterday
The Congress will now place the 'onus' on the POTUS....where it has (no pun intended) rightfully belonged..all along.
not really, in fact totally wrong. The onus is now completely on the GOP Congress to do something POSITIVE for the nation.
Obama has arguably 6 weeks to get his 'house' in order. Replace Holder? Which I doubt?
Then ya factor in the DOJ dumping 64000 documents yesterday on the Fast n Furious scandal?
The few remaining 'loyal' supporters in the Senate to help confirm a replacement...after yesterdays blood bath?
It will be interesting to see how many more punches the Dem Party will take for Obama?
actually, the problem was precisely that they weren't willing to stand on the accomplishments(which are many,
and in the area of economic heath, staggeringly positive).
Billary is a dead duck politically at this point...she is literally the mill stone around the Dem Party neck.
Her word, campaigning, appearances to promote your candidates this fall was beyond laughable...hell, it was embarrassing.
tell that to the Dems in NH. She likely accounted for Shaheen's win margin.
I'm not trying to beat up on you....I credit you with the intelligence to have seen all of this coming.
I just hope, you personally prepared for it.
I'm prepared financially either way. Yes, I did see some of it coming, and have been giving Democratic officials hell for
months. I gave them no money after March, and am well into the third hour of 'I tried to warn you' emails.
Old Pudfark sez: " when yer standing really close to the fire, ya better pay particular attention to the wind direction. "
hold onto that thought.....it may prove prescient.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Nothing changes, much posturing, much promising to work with the other side, much promise...mostly, much preparation for the 2016 election.....grid lock more or less.
Obama is too arrogant, too much the Napoleonic narcissist to grasp what happened.
Liberals at large are at a loss. The news today is filled with utterly inane comments.
this is his first loss in his life really, from a nobody to pres of the US, to walking into a second election, to all the flagrant violations of the constitution unopposed, and frankly supported by the media at large.
nothing happens for 2 years, and really, that is likely better than what he had planned.

and poor res, so wants to be an american, but so does not understand it, even a tiny bit.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Dawg wrote:and poor res, so wants to be an american, but so does not understand it, even a tiny bit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why in God's name would I want to live in that fucked up nation when I live in the Utopian paradise known as Canada.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Dawg wrote:and poor res, so wants to be an american, but so does not understand it, even a tiny bit.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:The onus is now completely on the GOP Congress to do something POSITIVE for the nation.
Sadly, it won't happen. American politics has degraded into childish finger pointing on BOTH sides.
Can you really see the GOP all of a sudden taking the higher ground (after winning the Senate last night) and start searching for bipartisan ways to become a productive Congress? Fuhgettaboutit !!!
That, and the Dems still have over 40 votes so they can block anything they want. And they will.

Nothing will happen for the next 2 years. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Your system FUBAR.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
callmeslick wrote:The onus is now completely on the GOP Congress to do something POSITIVE for the nation.
Sadly, it won't happen. American politics has degraded into childish finger pointing on BOTH sides.
Can you really see the GOP all of a sudden taking the higher ground (after winning the Senate last night) and start searching for bipartisan ways to become a productive Congress? Fuhgettaboutit !!!
That, and the Dems still have over 40 votes so they can block anything they want. And they will.

Nothing will happen for the next 2 years. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Your system FUBAR.
That really proves your ignorance R_D. I know ya really wanna believe what Slick writes.
What Slick has wrote? Is...he's been ridden. I'll try to help ya out? 'Them what drives a car at 100mph and is only lookin' 25 feet ahead? Is gonna run into something......hard.' You would be guilty of the same. What is between now and 2016 is the dying wiggle of the Dem Dynasty and the supporters of the same....trying to wriggle out of the consequences. Slick knows this as well.
In the 'war' of politics...yesterday was D-Day for the GOP, with the end of the war in 2016...should Obama prove to have the 'stamina'. The good news for you? You may get some "keystone" out of it...though not as much as you think? You'd a gotten more, if Obama hadn't hosed you too.

Old Pudfark sez: " Examine both sides of the discussion, make an intelligent choice...not, pick the one you think......looks prettier. "