Reid: Why can’t we all just … get along?

Dawg

Reid: Why can’t we all just … get along?

Post by Dawg »

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/11/05/r ... n=thupdate

Consider this karma avoidance by the soon-to-be-ex-Senate Majority Leader, but Harry Reid’s new act won’t fool anyone, least of all Mitch McConnell. Reid has run the US Senate for the past eight years like a dictatorship, steadily eroding minority privileges to the point where Republicans couldn’t offer amendments or put up any significant resistance to Barack Obama’s radical appointments, unless Democrats forced Reid’s hand on either score. After watching his party lay a historic egg in the midterms — the size of which is still not yet fully known — Reid tried spinning the results as a mandate for the kind of compromise that he’s blocked ever since winning control of the upper chamber in 2006:

I'm thinking even the Dems will toss out Reid if he runs for minority whip- 6 years of hopey changey transparency its bushes fault has caught up, good luck scraping that residue of obama off your shoes.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Pudfark

Re: Reid: Why can’t we all just … get along?

Post by Pudfark »

I like the verbiage of yer last paragraph, even though it 'grates' on some of the others here. ;)
I agree with the link you provided. I believe that yesterday's blood bath...has not fully dawned on the Dem's.

A lot to keep our eyes on in the coming months. For those, who ever they are...to simply say it's a continuance of 'grid lock'? It's far more than that. Grid lock will now originate with Obama's veto on all matters. The question is? How many Dem's will sacrifice themselves for Obama? We'll all see.

Old Pudfark sez: " In 2016? Will Billary sacrifice herself for Obama? Or? Will Obama sacrifice himself for Billary? "
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

This little tidbit for your perusal?

OBAMA AIDE: 'HE DOESN'T FEEL REPUDIATED'

In the wake of historic congressional midterm losses that cost Democrats control of the U.S. Senate, President Barack Obama's inner circle says he remains defiant and unwilling to face the seismic post-election reality.

"He doesn't feel repudiated," an Obama aide told the New York Times' Peter Baker.

Yet despite Obama's desire to inoculate himself from blame, even progressive MSNBC analyst and Huffington Post editor Howard Fineman declared on Wednesday that "the Obama era is over."

Obama's unwillingness to interpret the Republican rout as divorced from his unpopularity runs the risk of further angering Democrats who have felt betrayed by an intransigent Obama White House they believe unnecessarily put Democrats in a perilous political position.

Whether Democrats can convince Obama to back off his threats to go it alone in enacting executive amnesty in the wake of Democrats' Tuesday night election debacle remains to be seen. But for now, Obama insiders say he remains fixed on maintaining the status quo. Indeed, even before Tuesday night's results rolled in, Obama blamed the looming losses, not on his unpopularity dragging down Democrats, but on the electoral map.

"This is probably the worst possible group of states for Democrats since Dwight Eisenhower," said Obama. "There are a lot of states that are being contested where they tend to tilt Republican."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... Repudiated

It's hard to tell if Obama has orphaned himself or if/when the Democrats are going to orphan him.
Either way, the Dem's in the Senate are not a sure bet for Obama.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

he shouldn't feel repudiated by the voters. The few places his actual accomplishments and specific policies were actual campaign components turned out OK for the Dems by comparison with the vast majority. Like I said, people running from acknowledging the reasoning behind things they obviously voted for doesn't instill vast public confidence in the brand.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:he shouldn't feel repudiated by the voters. The few places his actual accomplishments and specific policies were actual campaign components turned out OK for the Dems by comparison with the vast majority. Like I said, people running from acknowledging the reasoning behind things they obviously voted for doesn't instill vast public confidence in the brand.

:roll: groan :roll: If? If you really believe all of that? You're in fer a rough ride.

Old Pudfark sez: " Slick...you sound as if you're as big a narcissist as Barry. "