Hey Uk tards

ruggbutt

Re: Hey Uk tards

Post by ruggbutt »

There's no reason to spend another dime on education until the educators themselves can make sure the kids are doing what they should be doing in school. And the states need to start enforcing some kind of truancy act to make sure the kids are in school. Cuz now there's too many kids saying "f school" and they just don't go anymore. And no one cares or is doing anything about it.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

fatman wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/p ... 025833.ece For realz yo :shock:
I hope you guys get a bit of a break on your income taxes but im sure that you guys are being bent over and getting some incoming in your poopers hope you enjoy the communism :(
Seems to me that this is a non-story.

From the link (with emboldening/italics by me):
Though Labour and the Tories have denied having any current plans to increase VAT, neither will rule it out and The Times understands a rise in the tax is being considered by both parties
One City source close to the Tory tax team said: “There is a view across the Conservative Party that VAT is going to have to go up.”
He has privately ruled out either raising income taxes or increasing the scope of VAT, but has deliberately left open the possibility of increasing the sales tax in the next Parliament.
It is understood that there are discussions in the Treasury...
“We are vague about tax increases because we don’t like them.”
Our [UK people/Government] oil and gas has about run out (but was sold off long before) - so no revenue there, our coal mines have been long sold off or shut down - so no revenue there, our utility industries have been long sold off - so no revenue there. Our troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan - that costs. We've just bailed out the banks - that costs. We owe money - that costs.

We've got services and utilities that have suffered from not having proper investment for years - that's going to cost.

And now...

Shock! Horror! Surprise! The Times understands that revenue is going to be raised by putting taxes up. Wow - that is a news story.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Your politicians are as bad as ours.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

ruggbutt wrote:Your politicians are as bad as ours.
And our journalists, too ;)
fatman

Post by fatman »

Ginger when a pollie says that they are considering it and it will bend his constituents over even further do you really think it wont happen
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

fatman wrote:Ginger when a pollie says that they are considering it and it will bend his constituents over even further do you really think it wont happen
When a journalist reports that they understand that a politician is considering something - it doesn't count for shit as far as facts go - it's only opinion - even if the outcome is a no-brainer certainty to a gambling man. They might as well say 'We think that a politician will'.

I never said that I don't think it will happen - but I did think that I had made it obvious that it would be no surprise if it did happen.

Revenue has to be raised somehow - and the rates have to go up else things have to break (borrowing, services etc.). The Times might or might not have some good intelligence, but they don't say anywhere (other than the shock headline) that VAT will go up to 20% - they report without substantiation that both parties are considering raising it up to the European average - which is 20%.

If the political parties didn't consider it as an option, they wouldn't be doing their job properly.

Like I said, it's a non-story - and it pisses me off that the Times are publishing such tripe as though it was breaking news.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Have to pay the bankers...
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

nicolas10 wrote:Have to pay the bankers...
"What's robbing a bank compared to founding one?" ;)
fatman

Post by fatman »

ruggbutt wrote:There's no reason to spend another dime on education until the educators themselves can make sure the kids are doing what they should be doing in school. And the states need to start enforcing some kind of truancy act to make sure the kids are in school. Cuz now there's too many kids saying "f school" and they just don't go anymore. And no one cares or is doing anything about it.
Well there is one state in the US mulling over the possibility of eliminating year 12 saying its not really necessary so they can help balance the budget