Out of interest-around the world

No Politics.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Out of interest-around the world

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote:Funny how six years ago P.O. (pre obama) gas was $1.65...now with an all republican house & senate?
It's getting back to the same... ;)
Dropping gas prices is happening globally, you putty head. :roll:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Pudfark wrote:Funny how six years ago P.O. (pre obama) gas was $1.65...now with an all republican house & senate?
:lol:

gawd, this place cracks me up. Especially Pud and Slappy, when the do the daily dance on their own dicks.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

I see the Demotards are just as dull/stupid here as in the Politics and Rhetoric discussion room.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

HappyHappy wrote:I see the Demotards are just as dull/stupid here as in the Politics and Rhetoric discussion room.
Really?
Feel free to explain to us dull and stupid people how the recent American mid term elections is causing global oil prices to go down. :lol:
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Reservoir_Dog wrote:
:lol:

gawd, this place cracks me up. Especially Pud and Slappy, when the do the daily dance on their own dicks.
:lol: Yup, it's happening globally too. Would'a happened five years earlier if'n Obama hadn't stalled 'fracking'.
Then ya throw in the Candadian 'Millstone' Pipeline and Obama and it gets funnier....all the time. Then we got slip's contribution on dick dancing.

Then ya throw in some more hilarity....such as?
What does it cost Canada to produce a barrel of oil? Then factor in the world price.... ;)
Then ya factor in the 'Millstone' pipeline running west.... ;)
Then maybe....someday....R_D will discover? That Obama has been riding him....bareback, all along and slip has been selling the movies to his liberal buddies. :lol:
Juha

Post by Juha »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Juha wrote:€1.29/liter (Super - 95octane)
Save yourself some money, Juha. You probably don't need the octane.
At pump there's the choice between 95E10, 95E5(Super), 98E5 and occasionally 102 octanes.
Since the car I drive, was manufactured before alcohol-frenzy (E10-stuff) began, I avoid it. There's a small possibility that a gasket or or a rubber somewhere doesn't like the 10%alcohol/90%gasoline-mixure in the long run. And the price difference doesn't compensate the worse fuel economy, so why bother with an additional risk, eh?
The 91/87-octane stuff isn't widely available here, must go to Romania/Ukraine/Russia to get it. Might become more hassle than worth. :D
All I ever wanted, was my own way
fatman

Post by fatman »

Juha wrote:
Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Juha wrote:€1.29/liter (Super - 95octane)
Save yourself some money, Juha. You probably don't need the octane.
At pump there's the choice between 95E10, 95E5(Super), 98E5 and occasionally 102 octanes.
Since the car I drive, was manufactured before alcohol-frenzy (E10-stuff) began, I avoid it. There's a small possibility that a gasket or or a rubber somewhere doesn't like the 10%alcohol/90%gasoline-mixure in the long run. And the price difference doesn't compensate the worse fuel economy, so why bother with an additional risk, eh?
The 91/87-octane stuff isn't widely available here, must go to Romania/Ukraine/Russia to get it. Might become more hassle than worth. :D

I dont understand the ethanhol love i felt dirty when i had to put some e10 in my car because its all there was within 100km almost felt like flushing it at the next servo and dont get me started on e85 why oh why i did have one which involved it someone put e85 in an early 80s car and omg that thing ran so rough it wasnt funny got feeling that engine ended up rooted. And this from this morning its getting better and better

Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

fatman wrote:
Juha wrote:At pump there's the choice between 95E10, 95E5(Super), 98E5 and occasionally 102 octanes.

I dont understand the ethanhol love i felt dirty when i had to put some e10 in my car because its all there was within 100km almost felt like flushing it at the next servo and dont get me started on e85 why oh why i did have one which involved it someone put e85 in an early 80s car and omg that thing ran so rough it wasnt funny got feeling that engine ended up rooted. And this from this morning its getting better and better
Yeah, the alcohol could be a game changer. And if you're riding around in an early 80's car ... then yeah, a little octane will probably do you some good depending on how poorly tuned the engine is.
But the point of the matter is that if your car has a knock-sensor in it (most cars built after 1996 do) then pre-ignition is monitored by the sensor and it makes the necessary adjustments to eliminate the "knocking".
If you have a knock-sensor chances are pretty darn good that you don't need the octane. Octane was developed to eliminate pre-ignition. That's when the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber detonates prior to the spark plug going off. It's caused by excessively high temperatures during the combustion cycle. It's the difference between combustion and detonation. You want combustion, you don't want detonation. Octane was developed to eliminate detonation.
But if you have a knock-sensor in your car it's doing that for you and you don't need the octane.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

10 gallons of E85 = 9 gallons of gas and one gallon of pee.

Alcohol/Ethanol is the biggest hoax ripoff on the planet.
Duly noted and agreed with Juha and fats, don't burn that shit.
Juha

Post by Juha »

If I remember correctly, adding water/alcohol mixture into the cylinder will eliminate knocking - virtually raising the octane rating of the used fuel. Maybe they've found a nice way selling the low-octane with premium price... assuming this alcohol has been manufactured cheaply enough.

A bit alcohol (occasionally) in the fuel is good for your car, as it will take the condensated water away from the tank. But, only in low dosage, and mainly needed in areas with real winters.
All I ever wanted, was my own way