This crap is getting out of hand!

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

This crap is getting out of hand!

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Unbelievable. Unfucking believable.

One of my favourite movies was on TV last night so I sat down to watch it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The network ran a disclaimer at the beginning of the film and after every commercial break.

"THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM CONTAINS SUBJECT MATTER THAT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME VIEWERS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED."

You gotta be kidding me!
The movie was Jesus Christ Superstar!
They ran disclaimers during Jesus Christ Superstar. What the hell is this world coming to?
Not only that, they completely edited out the entire Judas suicide scene. Five minutes of the movie....gone. One minute Judas is running around alive, the next thing you know he's dead. And unless you have seen the movie before, you have no idea what happened.

This shit is just going too far.

Oh, and here's the kicker........after JCS was over the same channel showed Dirty Harry. And you guessed it....NO disclaimer! :roll:
DKoor

Re: This crap is getting out of hand!

Post by DKoor »

When you get born, there should be a warn sign presented to you immediately; "PLAYER (IN THIS GAME OF LIFE) DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED".

Yes - the shit is getting way out of hand.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

agreed, completely. One of the greatest hinderences to a thinking, informed public is the overriding urge to 'protect' them from anything in the least 'controversial'. Whether it be religion, violence, language, sex
or the fleeting 'wardrobe malfunction', this sort of thing has run amok. Some will no doubt jump in and claim that the Evil Liberals are to blame for political correctness, but, in truth, it runs past politics to the point where anything, be it Right, Left or politically neutral, that could potentially upset anyone, can be censored merely for the excuse of 'Subject Matter May be Offensive'. Face it, anything 'May be Offensive' to someone, someplace. Get over it.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:a Some will no doubt jump in and claim that the Evil Liberals are to blame for political correctness
Generally it's true. Then you get congress bowing down to minority groups and you have everyone and their mother being "offended" because of words. I love how homoz say the word "fag" is as bad as the word "nigger". No comparison. Everyone just harden the fuck up and stop being pussies. Fact is that everyone is offended by something one way or another. I'm offended by someone every day. Thing is, I don't remember what asshole offended me last week therefore I guess being offended wasn't such a big deal after all....................
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

They showed the same movie here last week with no cuts or warnings, I would have preffered Dirty Harry though :)

The only time I'm bothered about TV/Movies is when they show stuff pre watershed ( 9pm in the UK for our terrestrial channels ) that should have a heads up for parents. Apart from that I'm cool with explaining stuff to my kids, as long as it is not a media ambush for ratings sake.

I too get offended a lot at TV, and use my editorial thumb to change the channel. JC superstar was a movie I watched the same way people used to watch live hangings/burnings, ie, jaw dropped, astounded at the long haired morons and all the time kicking myself in the nuts for being stupid enough to watch it :)
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I don't remember what asshole offended me last week therefore I guess being offended wasn't such a big deal after all....................
Yeah, sorry 'bout that 8-)
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Thanks for reminding me..........
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
fatman

Post by fatman »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:after JCS was over the same channel showed Dirty Harry.
GTFO we had dirty harry on last night as well would have made for a fgood easter but i went with jay and silent bob strike back 8-) Oh and did they bring up the whole supernatural theme thing for the jebus show they like that here
ginger_cat

Post by ginger_cat »

Well they should've put up a warning that Jonathan Creek would offend the senses - it was shit!

(I used to like that show.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Creek