All kidding aside....

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

All kidding aside....

Post by callmeslick »

prior to the election, I kept myself astounded at the folks attempting to make ANY real equivalency between, Hillary Clinton, a sort of leftish policy wonk, attempting to cobble the left with the old school rich Republicans in the suburbs, and Donald Trump, essentially fronting a radical, dangerous group. Now that Trump has put his core team together, let's look at the clear ties to White Supremacist/Nationalist types. Now, I'll leave it to others, if they wish, to amplify the more common stuff around Bannon, Breitbart readers, Sessions past, and the host of other clues which should have been obvious. For my part, I want to dig up some reading for you all about folks who are flying just UNDER the main media radar, yet are closely tied to, and influential within, the new Administration.

Exhibit A-http://hungarianspectrum.org/2017/02/13 ... ine-gorka/
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Re: All kidding aside....

Post by callmeslick »

Exhibit B- This guy. Now, one may say he's less influential than some, but they seem to merely be keeping him hidden. He was all over town on Inaugural weekend, and that guy Stephen Miller is his man on the inner circle:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... ationalist
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I'll see where this goes, but I think the links to a dangerous sort of identity nationalism with these folks is clear. Easy for folks to make HItler/Nazi/Fascist asides, but these folks and others point to a truly sinister turn to both our foreign and domestic policies.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Gorka is a scary dude and should not be a member of any administration of any American President from any party.
The fact that he is speaks volumes about Trump and Bannon.
fatman

Post by fatman »

callmeslick wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:40 pm I'll see where this goes, but I think the links to a dangerous sort of identity nationalism with these folks is clear.
The current crop the the power holding elite are at fault here, look at the right getting votes all over the world, maybe just maybe they should govern for their constituents rather than the next vote while holding a fuck you i got mine attitude. And im glad that you guys now have a leader who should be doing more of that i just wish mine would be as ballsy as your and get us out of the tpp
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

fatman wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:33 am
callmeslick wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:40 pm I'll see where this goes, but I think the links to a dangerous sort of identity nationalism with these folks is clear.
The current crop the the power holding elite are at fault here, look at the right getting votes all over the world, maybe just maybe they should govern for their constituents rather than the next vote while holding a fuck you i got mine attitude. And im glad that you guys now have a leader who should be doing more of that i just wish mine would be as ballsy as your and get us out of the tpp
The TPP has never been ratified.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:11 am
And nor should it what does the usa canada or australia get out of it......nothing its a bad deal
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you assume those 'right-wing leaders' are something short of fascists, Fats. They are not.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

fatman wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:46 am
Reservoir_Dog wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:11 am

And nor should it what does the usa canada or australia get out of it......nothing its a bad deal
The USA has already pulled out. It will never be ratified now.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and what we would have gotten out of it, had it gone through, was a continued presence in Asian markets without dominant control by China and India. No benefit to that, right?