because he's THAT good

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

because he's THAT good

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/was ... li=BBnba9I

this is why the Redskins are perennial losers. Good God, they are paying 8 million per year more than the Pats pay Brady. How does that math add up?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: because he's THAT good

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:53 pmGood God, they are paying 8 million per year more than the Pats pay Brady. How does that math add up?
Don't act dumb, you know exactly how Brady's contract is structured. They gave him a $30 million signing bonus up front on a two year contract (which was the fully guaranteed portion of the contract) so officially he's only playing for $15 million a year. It's all about dead money and cap space. Brady is the highest payed QB in football and you know it.

Oh, and franchise amounts are determined by the league, not the team. Any other QB who gets franchised will earn the exact same amount as Cousins.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

not sure where you got that last part. The franchise tag is determined by the top three registered salaries for that positon. My point about Cousins wasn't about the Pats way of structuring contracts, it's about overcommitting resources INSIDE cap room to one, rather mediocre, position player. You can't tell me Cousins is good enough to justify killing about 1/6 of your cap on him this season. Is that going to win you the Super Bowl? If not, then why do it?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 pmit's about overcommitting resources INSIDE cap room to one, rather mediocre, position player. You can't tell me Cousins is good enough to justify killing about 1/6 of your cap on him this season.
Dude, give your head a shake! Cousins was the 6th highest rated QB in the league last year. And he ranked 5th in 2015. Mediocre? Are you shitting me!
Why wouldn't the Skins franchise him? They'd be crazy not to! What are they gonna do? Let him walk for a draft pick? Trade for Romo?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

and, I rest my case. If you manage a team on statistical evidence as opposed to winning and losing in clutch games, heaven help you. As much as I hate Eli Manning, whose in-season stats are generally mediocre, he is not the player you want to face in a playoff most years. Flacco, likewise. I'd take either in a minute over Cousins with his only upside being youth. He just isn't that good, but bless the Redskins' hearts if they wish to pay him that sort of cap money. Pissing away 20 million doesn't leave enough to put people around him, and he just is not good enough without same. He got those sterling numbers(6th best) throwing to a serious group, in a lot of necessary passing situations. Those make for fine numbers but not the sort one gets real hopeful for winning around.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 pmPissing away 20 million doesn't leave enough to put people around him, and he just is not good enough without same.
Now you're just talking crazy.
Cousin's cap hit will only be 13%. And even with giving Cousins $23 mill the Skins still have $37 mill in cap space. That will be more than enough to replace Garcon and Jackson if they walk. And I kind of hope they do. Garcon and Jackson combined eats up $20 mill and they'll both be 31 years old this year. The Skins should let them go.
Doctson and Crowder could start tomorrow and the Skins wouldn't miss a beat. Still, I'd love to see the Skins make a play for Kenny Britt or Kenny Stills. Or BOTH! They could probably get Britt for $5 or $6 mill and Stills would be an absolute steal for $3 or $4 mill.
If they let Garcon and Jackson walk, and grab Stills and Britt ... they'd STILL have around $27 mill in cap space! Shit, with that they could even keep Jackson if they wanted to!

So yah, dude. I have no idea what you're talking about.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, good luck with all that. I don't see it, but we'll see on the field come Fall. :)
FarSide

Post by FarSide »

cousins reaped the benifits of a flawed system. if he can get 23 million to play on an 8-8 team all the power to him.
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

FarSide wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 pm cousins reaped the benifits of a flawed system. if he can get 23 million to play on an 8-8 team all the power to him.
Ain't it the truth! The guy scored huge! 2 years ago he was making like 4 million. Now he'll make 44 million for 2 years work.