Automation

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

callmeslick

Re: Automation

Post by callmeslick »

just wait. And, while you're waiting, see what tech gurus are writing.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

I am SURE you are referring to Democratic party tech gurus.

Kinda like what Al Gore is in relationship to the global warming debate. :lol:

60%

Utter nonsense.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm I am SURE you are referring to Democratic party tech gurus.
the two I know are pretty apolitical, to tell the truth. One is a platform designer for Intel, the other is a Bioengineering Professor at RIT.
Utter nonsense.
no, it isn't. It's sobering as hell, when carried to the end points at the pace they are talking about. It's believable, because they can both show you the trajectory to date, and the really far-out experiments that are going live at this very moment(think AI drones, connected to a central AI unit capable of ongoing mission training and learning in real time, and extrapolate to most any human endeavor). You easily end up with a whole lot of folks out of work, historically quickly(3-5 years) with a perfectly healthy output productivity. Of course, with less folks having the means to buy much past essentials, the productivity will be geared towards the upscale markets, but a recent survey of the millions of households, worldwide, worth US $1 million or more, the market could be profitably sustained. What is NOT sustainable is merely allowing the mass of unneeded labor go forth with no plan for them. "You should have invested" is not going to be adequate comfort.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Sheesh...

Here's a summary of what's been written so far...for the masochists among us...

Lifeboat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_(film)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

sorry that's all you took in, Pud. That's your issue.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

here's a guy who knows this stuff way better. His view is that the little remaining work will be divided up between those needing the income. Four hour days, maybe 4 days per week. It's an interesting way of coping, but will still require some sort of baseline sustinance income for a big chunk of the population.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersa ... li=BBnbfcN
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I'm really trying...again...to be civil.

Here's how everyone see's it. Me: It's gonna rain, bring an umbrella You: It could flood, let's build an ark.

or....

SKYNET vs 'the sky is falling'

Old Pudfark sez: " Why all the hysteria....? "
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Hmmm, one Wall Mart full of clothes would require many millions of circa 1500 AD hours to make.

Look at all those unemployed people.....
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

for a lot of those, I've heard you can take half the time between now and the estimate date, but that's irrelevant. The end point stays the same.