Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling

Wullie

Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling

Post by Wullie »

Pudfark

Re: Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling

Post by Pudfark »

Ol Georgie's got his hand up Obama's butt...and what "tickles" me? Obama's got his hand up Slick's butt......must be tough to kiss the ring....

Old Pudfark sez: " Everybody should turn a blind eye to color, never ever, a deaf ear "
Triad773

Post by Triad773 »

He's competing against Chinese investors who are making nice nice with oil producing countries to ensure their continued ascendency.

What ever. Deregulating to the point of catastrophe wasn't enough for him here, so he'd thought he'd back a winner down south America way. Anyone own insurance stocks? :twisted:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nice.....you cite a one-year old article, which, as was pointed out, goes right to the matter of supply stability in the face of the Chinese buying up oil rights worldwide, and somehow this becomes a rant against Obama.
You guys are a hoot. If Obama did nothing to shore up long-term supply of oil to our oil-addicted nation, you would bitch. Thanks for yet another display of both your profound lack of understanding of how the world economy works coupled with an almost knee-jerk willingness to blame Obama for anything. Hell, it's been hot out this week. Obama's fault?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:nice.....you cite a one-year old article, which, as was pointed out, goes right to the matter of supply stability in the face of the Chinese buying up oil rights worldwide, and somehow this becomes a rant against Obama.
You guys are a hoot. If Obama did nothing to shore up long-term supply of oil to our oil-addicted nation, you would bitch. Thanks for yet another display of both your profound lack of understanding of how the world economy works coupled with an almost knee-jerk willingness to blame Obama for anything. Hell, it's been hot out this week. Obama's fault?
Here's a little "heads up" for ya Slick....We are only dependant on foreign oil, because we don't use our own oil....we have plenty here... I am just waiting for the day that you and yours advocate the importation of coal, as a viable alternative to the "energy crisis"....Obama is the one to blame. He is in the seat. He promised change and we are "getting it"...from bad to worse....Obama can't walk a dog, let alone, lead a country.

Old Pudfark sez: " Obama + Slick = ShamWow "
Triad773

Post by Triad773 »

callmeslick wrote:Hell, it's been hot out this week. Obama's fault?
No- Hell no.

Al Gore's ;)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Here's a little "heads up" for ya Slick....We are only dependant on foreign oil, because we don't use our own oil....we have plenty here...
bullshit. We don't have enough 'here' to last us for 10 years. You clearly know no one in the business, have clearly never studied or bothered to learn about the rate of consumption and known US reserves. I've been tangentally involved with the oil business my whole life(via investment) and thus I sort of pay attention to the details.
I am just waiting for the day that you and yours advocate the importation of coal, as a viable alternative to the "energy crisis"....
typical knee-jerk stupidity there. We have the coal, plenty of it. We just cannot get past our massive use of petroleum. And, it ain't all about pure energy, either. Look, Pudfark, do us all a favor: get at least a wee bit of knowledge about the subjects you discuss and then try and sound like something other than a whiney little bitch for the extreme right. It might work out better for you, because, as it stands, you just come off looking like a complete moron.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

for those who wish to learn and know, as opposed to blame and whine:
http://www.theviewfromthepeak.net/

some of the links this page takes you to are very interesting.....especially regarding how reserves are calculated and future alternatives.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Here's one for you...ShamWow boy...What about Obama and the six month no drill offshore deal? The effects of it economically to this country....We have lots of oil...and lots of oil wells...and lots of them are capped because of idiots like you....Your thinking and others is the primary reason we are oil dependant on other countries....You need to pull the solar panel out of your hind end, put it on top of your hybrid car, invest in American Oil and put your money where your mouth is...

I repeat, there is a hell of a lot of unproduced oil in the U.S. There is a hell of a lot of technology now and more to come in the immediate future to gradually replace our rate of oil consumption....however, assholes like you, who run around with their dress up over there head, yelling "the sky is falling" are begining to bore me.

Old Pudfark sez: " Slick, you need to pay more attention to your own country and not "pay" more to a foreign country, the survival of our country is not predicated on the the oil of another country " Wake up !
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Here's one for you...ShamWow boy...What about Obama and the six month no drill offshore deal? The effects of it economically to this country....We have lots of oil...and lots of oil wells...and lots of them are capped because of idiots like you....Your thinking and others is the primary reason we are oil dependant on other countries....You need to pull the solar panel out of your hind end, put it on top of your hybrid car, invest in American Oil and put your money where your mouth is...
show me one reputable(i.e. Professional) source that shows the US to have enough reserves, anywhere, to last us 10 years. Most sources put the figure at 3 1/2 years at current usage rates. As for investing in American Oil, my family has done so since Exxon(and what are now 3 other major firms) was Standard Oil.
It's paid well, I might add, mainly because those folks know where the oil is, how much is left of it, and the current and projected demand for it.
I repeat, there is a hell of a lot of unproduced oil in the U.S. There is a hell of a lot of technology now and more to come in the immediate future to gradually replace our rate of oil consumption....however, assholes like you, who run around with their dress up over there head, yelling "the sky is falling" are begining to bore me.
apologies if reality bores you, but that is all you're getting from me. No suggestions from me as to exactly how to move forward, I'm just presenting you with 'this is what we have, this is what we use, and if we don't change pretty soon, we're fucked'
Old Pudfark sez: " Slick, you need to pay more attention to your own country and not "pay" more to a foreign country, the survival of our country is not predicated on the the oil of another country " Wake up !
and Old Slick sez, " you clearly have no clue about the subject, so it would be wise to follow the advice of
Mark Twain--better to be silent and thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."