The Rules.....and a Welcome

Deliberation. Discourse. Discussion. Debate.
Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: callmeslick

User avatar
callmeslick
Posts: 15889
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Fearing and loathing in Delaware and Virginia.

The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by callmeslick » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Well, I'd whined for years about the demise of one of CWOS' noble experiments, called the Civilization III forum, a haven for civil, extended exchanges on a variety of topics. In a radical move, Res, et al, have allowed me the chance to try something here. Oh, and Res picked the name.

The Purpose--This subforum is for discussions around most anything of a serious nature. Politics, religion, the environment, economics,government, conflicts and trends from around the world. Anything goes, but with a few restrictions, or rules.

The Rules--1. No name calling, ad hominems, or the like. Look I'm human too, and will be using some discretion, but if all you came on to post was some smartass insult, the post will be pulled, and you'll be notified. Oh, and a word about language. Once again, I'm going on the assumption we're all adults, and so normal use of adult language in conversation happens. Once again, a bit of common sense should be your guide.
2. No posting of memes, photos, or links WITHOUT COMMENTARY ABOUT WHY you posted them, and I expect to see real fleshing out of some idea. We have fora available for that sort of stuff,otherwise. I reserve the right to request moving such posts to a more appropriate setting.
3. This is not the spot for attempted board runs, or other silliness, but I hope it can evolve with patience and participation into a place to bounce ideas or thoughts off other adults, and get an adult response and perhaps, even a group discussion. Will we solve the world's problems? Highly unlikely, but discourse is valuable, understanding can be gleaned of others' points of view.

Finally--Yes, they have ME moderating this. And, yes, I know, I can be strong in both opinions and insults on some other forums. However, I, too am an adult, and when wearing my Moderator cap it will be my intention to be completely evenhanded. I'm not coming in here bearing a grudge, and don't expect anyone else to, either. I'd like to NEVER have to edit, move or otherwise tinker with a darned thing. If, for any reason, you have a beef with my moderation, either specific actions or overall style, don't hesitate to contact Res, Tolwyn, Larry, or especially ME, via PM. The forum is NOT the spot to bitch about the mod or admins, but I guarantee I'll listen to your point, as I don't claim to be an expert at this.

Bon Voyage, Think Tank!!!
Pudfark wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am
I live in Texas....you live in America.

HappyHappy
Posts: 5465
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by HappyHappy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am

It's your forum now you miserable piece of shit.

You and the maggot from Canada can talk yo yourselves.

But I get the last laugh.

You lost.

We rule.

And both of you are forever pieces of shit.


Now, of course, I could simply remove this. However, I'd request that it be allowed to remain, as a reminder of exactly what we're trying to move on from, around here. Needless to say, anything of this nature will not only be removed, completely, but you will be warned. If that doesn't suffice, maybe the adult exchange forum isn't for you.
Last edited by callmeslick on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: for use as a learning tool as to how NOT to post in forum
"for the record, New Hampshire has a low death rate ONLY because that reflects the fact that New Hampshire is much less densely settled than most of the US. The gun laws have nothing to do with it."

Pudfark
Posts: 15103
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Hosing R_D daily X2 on the Weekends

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Pudfark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:53 am

Censored
callmeslick wrote:dude, if you think lying and getting caught at it is 'handing my hiney to me', you are dumber than Res
Reservoir_Dog wrote: I DON'T think Slick is right.


Image

User avatar
callmeslick
Posts: 15889
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Fearing and loathing in Delaware and Virginia.

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by callmeslick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:07 pm

of course, making a statement and not backing it up is a violation of the rules. We'll leave Pud's comment as another example of what we're not aiming for here. Why is it that stupidity is such a terminal illness for some?
Pudfark wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am
I live in Texas....you live in America.

Pudfark
Posts: 15103
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Hosing R_D daily X2 on the Weekends

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Pudfark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:17 pm

deleted
callmeslick wrote:dude, if you think lying and getting caught at it is 'handing my hiney to me', you are dumber than Res
Reservoir_Dog wrote: I DON'T think Slick is right.


Image

Crusty
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 am

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Crusty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am

Hold on, is the whole forum under new management?
I don't know what I have missed here but from a quick read the Politics forum has become completely devoid of Repubes, was a ban instigated or did they throw their toys out of the pram and flounce?
Image

User avatar
Reservoir_Dog
Site Admin
Posts: 8293
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:46 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Reservoir_Dog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am

Crusty wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am
Hold on, is the whole forum under new management?
I don't know what I have missed here but from a quick read the Politics forum has become completely devoid of Repubes, was a ban instigated or did they throw their toys out of the pram and flounce?
Pudfark hacked CWoS, made himself a mod, and started making changes to the site. So he was given a little holiday.
When his boyfriend HappyHappy found out Pud got banned he came in and rage quit.

User avatar
callmeslick
Posts: 15889
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Fearing and loathing in Delaware and Virginia.

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by callmeslick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am
When his boyfriend HappyHappy found out Pud got banned he came in and rage quit.
at least 5 times by my count. The boy sucks at quitting. And, Pud wouldn't quit sucking. :D
Pudfark wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am
I live in Texas....you live in America.

Crusty
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 am

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Crusty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Blimey, Pudfark didn't come across as an IT type, oh well.
HappyHappy of course is no loss but Pudfark did bring some balance.
So who actually runs the forum now?
TBH, I always wondered why it was kept running by someone who never even got involved in it, except the odd comment very early on, shit how many years ago was that now?

Does anyone even play Il2 anymore?, did RBJ ever get a girlfriend, what about that arsehole Helos? and that spotty kid britgliderpilot?, what was that black women called?..........something to do with cats?

Olalier, now what happened there?, last I recall he was looking at getting an ultralight licence, but that must be like 15 years ago...shit :shock:
Image

Crusty
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 am

Re: The Rules.....and a Welcome

Post by Crusty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Come to think of it I cant remember slick, rd, pudfark or HH even being around back then
When did you guys join?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests