My 2017 NFL fearless predictions.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: My 2017 NFL fearless predictions.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am I think we all underestimated the Iggles. They are a SERIOUS team.
Dude, give your head a shake. You've been hitting too much of that hippy shit.

Their last 4 games:

They beat the Giants by 3 ... (big deal. My fat brother and I could beat the Giants by 3)
They beat the Chargers by 2 ... (whoop-de-do. My fat brother and Chipz could beat the Chargers by 2)
They destroyed the Cardinals. (so what. Everyone is destroying the Cardinals)
They beat the Panthers by 5. (mostly thanks to Newton's 3 INT's)

Philly beat some bad teams. Well, that's what they're SUPPOSED to do.
Beating the Panthers by 5 when Wentz only threw for 222yds and their top rusher only got 67 yds is hardly a declaration of Philly being a serious team.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

if you'd have actually watched what I did, with your eyes in real time, you'd feel way differently. The Eagles have a solid team, still a line that needs work on offense, but a range of weapons from speed receivers who actually make catches, to a battering ram back. The D is WAYYYYYY better than I expected, and is extraordinarily well coached on a game time basis. The D line might be among the best 3 I've seen all year, backs are young but have real size and are improving every week. Commentators last night said the Eagles have possibly the best linebacking corps in the NFC, their words not mine. Denial is a lovely place to be but from what I see on local tv coverage, your Skins are looking at a long climb to get CLOSE to the Eagles, who are going to draw more talent in years to come. They have a true cornerstone QB, improving every week, by massive leaps. Teams can be built around such, with a good coaching staff. They won last night via COACHING, Res(all Thursday games are won by coaching, pretty much)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

What the heck are you talking about?
With 6 games in the books Phillys defense is ranked 31st in the league!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

it's been good enough to hold off wins. I note you left out the first win in your list. Another bad team?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

and, where you get 31st from I don't know(that is actually the Pats position, and I wonder if you are confused, I'm talking about the Eagles). Philly is 7th.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am it's been good enough to hold off wins. I note you left out the first win in your list. Another bad team?
Not at all. I've been saying for decades that week 1 in the NFL is practically meaningless.
That, and the average Redskins fan would shit themselves if the 'Skins actually won a week 1 game. I think it was 2011 the last time they managed to do it.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 am and, where you get 31st from I don't know(that is actually the Pats position, and I wonder if you are confused, I'm talking about the Eagles). Philly is 7th.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
That is a DVOA chart. That's like comparing apples and pears.
Here's the ESPN total defense chart. Philly is #31.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... on/defense
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

as I said elsewhere, made up indices are sort of bogus. I know what I've watched evolve since week 1. This Philly team will be in the playoffs. That defense HURTS people.