Res: Kirk Cousins

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
callmeslick

Re: Res: Kirk Cousins

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:34 pm
callmeslick wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm I repeat the question you seem hell-bent to avoid: What the absolute fuck do you see in Kirk Cousins?
He's a damn fine QB. Finished ranked 5th in the ENTIRE LEAGUE last year.
see, here's my problem with statistics, illustrated: I don't give a rats' ass about any stat except win percentage. Brady sucks at stats, but every goddam team in that league would kill to have had him over the past 16 years. He knows how to win, did in college, with crap numbers.
Your new man crush Wentz is having himself a good time racking up stats against teams like the Giants, Chargers, Cardinals, Redskins, Panthers ... and now he gets to go out and humiliate the 49er's.
I'll admit, he's faced largely ego-builders, save for the Chiefs, when they were completely healthy. Like I say, he seems to be getting a better look at the game, is learning every week. I AM wondering if he ends up getting beat up before he matures(Andrew Luck even is banged out of any real top form after how many seasons?). Still, I'm not asking about Wentz, I see him every week on TV down here, and know what I'm looking at. I'm asking about Cousins, who I see all the time in VA, and frequently up here in DE. He is a flashy stat loser, with a tendency to take really bad sacks, and choke at key moments in bigger games. You can have him, and I still don't see the rationale.
Philly has already lost to the Chiefs (the only really good team they've faced so far) so let's see how your wunderkind does in the second half when he faces Dallas (twice), Denver, Seattle, Rams, and the Raiders. If he wins even 1/2 of those games perhaps I'll start giving him the benefit of the doubt.
upcoming schedules for your boys and the Iggles struck me the other night. You all have a BRUTAL stretch the next 6 games. The Eagles face the Niners, a decimated Denver(if you missed the Giants game, it was a body bag special on both sides of the ball), and one other patsy. The Rams, Cowpokers and the Raiders will be good yardsticks. At any rate, I'd say the Skins have really got to step up or get left behind the Eagles and Boys. Again.
But for now ... he's just a feel good news story benefiting from a cream puff schedule.
pretty much agreed, but my point was why anyone would WANT Cousins, for any reason. You all are fucked with a capital F so long as he is at the helm.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm but my point was why anyone would WANT Cousins, for any reason.
Question: What do all of these NFL teams have in common?

Buffalo Bills
N.Y. Jets
Miami Dolphins
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Denver Broncos
Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers

Answer: They will all (at some point) be involved in a bidding war for Kirk Cousins come this spring.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

so, more than one team is as stupid as a box of rocks. Your point? Notice that every last one of them sucks, and would find ANYTHING a step up past what they're putting on the field. You can bet NONE of them will offer close to what the Skins are getting hosed for.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm You can bet NONE of them will offer close to what the Skins are getting hosed for.
Mark my words ... The Jacksonville Jaguars will offer Cousins a contract that would make Donald Trump blush!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

golden showers? :shock:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Well, after today, I figure the MVP is sort of a long shot. Geezus, that game with the Cowboys was horrid. Bad, bad weather, just nearly unplayable.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I'm surprised Cousins is still alive. The injuries on the Skins O-line are so bad they had to activate a couple of practice squad guys for that game.
After looking at the injury list I couldn't even bring myself to take the Skins in the football pool. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I have EVER picked Dallas over the Skins in a pool. :evil:

And how the Hell does someone hold onto a football in weather like that let alone throw one? :shock:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

with you on the throwing part. Hell, Rivers had the thing slip out of his hands for about a negative 10 yards up in Foxborough. All up and down the East it was like that here, so the Jets, Eagles, Pats and Skins all played in constant rain. Jets and Skins were especially brutal....just driving, heavy rain from start to finish in those two.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

8-)
Cousins is in his third straight season of elite-level quarterback production, and he's doing it while his offensive line crumbles around him, his top two running backs are on injured reserve, his tight end can't get on the field and his overhauled wide receiver corps has taken three-quarters of a season to sort itself out. At this point, Washington must have confidence in Cousins as a guy who can deliver at a high level.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2160 ... gs-week-12
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

we'll see who, in an ownership position, is stupid enough to agree.