Well, this is getting interesting.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Well, this is getting interesting.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

If stupidity reigns supreme in Jacksonville and they give Bortles another year under center, that would raise some interesting scenarios for Cousins.

The Cleveland Browns: They have a ridiculous $112 million in cap space, but the Browns aren't going to get a sniff at the playoffs for years so there's no real incentive to drop a huge contract on a QB who will be wasted while the team developes. That, and the Browns have 5 draft picks in the first 2 rounds including the #1 and #4 overall. And this QB draft class is a bumper crop. I don't see the Browns making a play for Cousins. But then again, the Browns front office is kind of stupid.

The Denver Broncos: This would be a really nice fit for Cousins, but the Broncos only have $28 million in cap space meaning they would have to shed some payroll to make a serious play for Cousins. I just don't see it happening.

The Arizona Cardinals: This one is REALLY interesting. With Carson Palmer's retirement the Cards don't have a QB on their roster. (I'm serious, you can look it up, they don't have a QB on their team right now!) They draft 15th so they either need to sell the farm and trade up (RGIII anyone?) or they need to hit the open market. I don't think they'll be able to trade up in the draft because they don't really have any good draft picks to offer from other rounds. So they'll have to hit the open market ... but they only have $28 million in cap space, so unless they gut some payroll they'll have little chance of landing Cousins. But stranger things have happened.

The New York Jets: The Jets have money to burn. Almost $90 million in cap space. They could give Cousins 5 years/$140 million without even having to check the books. The Jets draft 6th so they could trade down, stockpile draft picks, sign Cousins, draft an RB or two, and off they go. Or, they can sign Cousins and take a RB at 6th. Either way, if the Jags fuck it up ... Cousins will probably be with the Jets next year.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, there's two easy wins for the Pats. :lol: :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
FarSide

Post by FarSide »

holy fuck doodles, res dog! are you okay? need some prozac? maybe some zoloft? :lol:
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

It was a foregone conclusion that Kirk Cousins wasn't going to be a Redskin in 2018. That writing has been on the wall for a long time. When he turned down the $53 million in 2016 I knew his days as a Redskin were numbered. Even if the Redskins made him an offer this year I'm sure he would have said "Go fuck yourselves!" I've been in the mind set for quite some time that I'd be seeing a new QB under center for the Skins this year.

But ... but ... Alex Smith?
Alex-FUCKING-Smith!

Alex Smith the chronic game manager? Alex Smith the World Heavyweight Champion of the check-down pass? Alex Smith who couldn't win a playoff game if you put a gun in his mouth?

Alex-FUCKING-Smith! :evil:

Ask yourself why Travis Kelce has had such great numbers the last few years. Because Alex-FUCKING-Smith throws a check-down pass if he thinks there's an opposing player in the same fucking time zone as him! Watch Kelce's numbers nose dive this year, just watch!
Meanwhile, every TE on the Redskins roster is at home dancing right now because they know their numbers are going to skyrocket this year. And if you're a Redskins TE in your contract year, you're the happiest fucker on Earth right now!

The Chiefs were willing to part with Smith for a 3rd round draft pick ... and no alarm bells went off in the Redskins front office! Are you fucking kidding me! Those idiots were probably dancing around and laughing thinking they just hosed the Chiefs!
There's a reason the Chiefs let him go for a 3rd round pick, you stupid motherfuckers!
Chronic game managers get you to the playoffs, but they don't win playoff games ... you stupid fucks!
This is something so stupid it's something that Pudfark would have done!

They would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better off signing whichever QB the Vikings choose not to sign and then drafting a QB in April!

Alex-FUCKING-Smith.

I'm gonna go get drunk. :evil:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

hell, you kept telling me that Cousins was HOF material, bro. I thought you WERE drunk. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

That said, the Redskins move is absolutely baffling. His skills run counter to what they SEEM to need to compete in that division. Like you say, Res, any Vikings castoff would be an upgrade. Moreover, patience until Philly sorts out the inevitable QB controversy might get you Foles by mid-season. Or, Wentz, if Philly is as stupid as the Skins, which is unlikely. If Wentz comes into free agency, and the knee is healed, I bet the Pats would mortgage the farm to get him. He is a Tom Brady type. Knows how to win, is smart, and works like hell. Foles has shown enough leadership chops to serve a team well, too.....not with anywhere near Wentz' upside. If Brady hoists the trophy again Sunday, I am suspicious that Brady might not retire, and then the push is on to resign Jimmy G in free agency, compensate the Niners if rules dictate, and continue the dynasty. Just a thought, and compared to suggesting Kirk Cousins is worth squat let alone be Hall of Fame caliber, why the heck not??
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I'm pretty sure I said MVP not HOF.
And a couple of months from now Cousins is going to be the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

you seriously think he sees anything close to what Jimmy G is about to get? If so, whoever pays Cousins is flat-out fecked in the head. Cousins is a fantasy football hero. Garrapollo WINS, Wentz WINS, hell, even Foles WINS. Cousins finds fifty ways to lose games and demonstrates his skillset in the final half weekly. If his stock is still anything close to high after those last half-dozen embarrassing shitstains of games he just turned in, I'll be shocked. And, I'm pretty used to scratching my head at NFL management decisions.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Sporting News was touting Cousins to Minnesota. :shock:
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm Sporting News was touting Cousins to Minnesota. :shock:
They have $60 million in cap space but I don't see this happening. The Jets can throw 5 yrs/$150 million at Cousins.
And given what happened on Sunday, the Jags might go super stupid and start chasing after Foles.