Well, this is getting interesting.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
FarSide

Re: Well, this is getting interesting.

Post by FarSide »

no way jimmy g should have got all that $. hes got like 10 games under his belt. the niners will do better because they couldnt do worse. lets see how he does after a full season.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

if they don't want him, I know a team in Foxborough MA who would pay top dollar. He's the real deal. Again, as I say to Res sometimes, watch. As for value, the deal was freaking brilliant, as he has massive upside from seasoning, and he's locked for 5 years.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
FarSide

Post by FarSide »

seasoning? then how come no one gave a.j. mccarron 140 million dollars? or nick foles? or case keenum? or trevor siemian? or sam bradford?
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

FarSide wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am seasoning? then how come no one gave a.j. mccarron 140 million dollars? or nick foles? or case keenum? or trevor siemian? or sam bradford?
Exactly!
When the 49er's gave Jimmy G all that money he had started a grand total of 2 NFL football games. 2!
They gave $140 million bucks to a guy who had started 2 games! That's insanity! Slick likes to think that Jimmy is 'seasoned' ... but there were 1/2 a dozen more qualified and more 'seasoned' QB's out there for the taking and they sure as shit wouldn't have cost $140 million! Don't think for one second that A.J. McCarron wouldn't have jumped ship for 4 years/$60 million.
The 49er's got lucky and have a .500 strength of schedule this year so I'll give them 8-9 wins based on that. But is that what $140 million bucks buys you?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

FarSide wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am seasoning? then how come no one gave a.j. mccarron 140 million dollars? or nick foles? or case keenum? or trevor siemian? or sam bradford?
well, Foles isn't on the market yet. He'll get huge money. Bradford and the rest didn't improve off mediocre starts, there is just so much experience is going to get you.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Jimmy G will see MVP before Cousins. Care to bet a case of Carlings on that one, Res?
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm Bradford and the rest didn't improve off mediocre starts, there is just so much experience is going to get you.
WTF!!! :shock:
Jimmy G got $140 million for having next to no experience!
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:03 pm Jimmy G will see MVP before Cousins. Care to bet a case of Carlings on that one, Res?
When the Cousins deal became official I went over to bodog and put $400 down on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl.
After reading today that the Vikes have also signed Sheldon Richardson I may up that bet.

So yeah ... I'll take your bet! 8-)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm
callmeslick wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm Bradford and the rest didn't improve off mediocre starts, there is just so much experience is going to get you.
WTF!!! :shock:
Jimmy G got $140 million for having next to no experience!

come on, son, do I have to explain this: Niners are wagering on two things--upside potential of a Brady-type learning curve, and the continual rise in QB wages. This is not rocket science. Did they roll the dice? Yup. Will they look pretty damned smart in about 3 years? We'll see.