Remember in November

Pudfark

Remember in November

Post by Pudfark »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfGCMOR ... re=popular

These are the folks...that Slick says....are smarter than you....and will save our country...

Old Pudfark sez: " Yup, the birth of a new nation...whose yer daddy? "
Wullie

Re: Remember in November

Post by Wullie »

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEReb3Fd0Is&NR=1

Loved the gas machine's dance. Slick's ol buddy is lookin great!!
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." – Alexis de Tocqueville ..1787
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

CUDA wrote:
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." – Alexis de Tocqueville ..1787
A timely and excellent quote, Thanx CUDA.

What really gets me? The intentional ignorance most politicians show towards history....Those words (your quote) were true then, true now and true before they were written.... What insults everyone's intelligence? Obama and his troupe saying that all of their ideas are new and have never been thought of or tried before...and that is pure BS. Everything from "utopia" to the "iron thumb" has been tried...Government has always been about control of the citizens, with one exception, The United States of America. The U.S. Government was intentionally constructed for the citizens to control the Government. It was intended that the citizens have over site through voting.... Apathy and intentional miss education of the American Public are in the process of destroying our country and way of life.....When I think of all of those soldiers and citizens who have died to ensure/insure our freedoms and our way of self government, it sickens me to think of those now, who would just "give it away"....

Old Pudfark sez: " Our Liberty can never be for sale or given away, our Liberty was paid for by the blood of others ".
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

“Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.” -Benjamin Franklin
It's up to us to try.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Apathy and intentional miss education of the American Public are in the process of destroying our country and way of life

I might disagree with much you write, Pud, but to this: AMEN!
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

callmeslick wrote:
Pudfark wrote:Apathy and intentional miss education of the American Public are in the process of destroying our country and way of life

I might disagree with much you write, Pud, but to this: AMEN!
I agree wholeheartedly as well.

My question for you, oh wise and all knowing slick, is WHY is this happening? Why do suppose that more people can tell you starting line up of their favorite sports team rather than who their representatives are?

Ever read any Karl Marx? I'd say those in power have read it well and applied it, and they are thinking that it is about time to pull the trigger.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote:My question for you, oh wise and all knowing slick, is WHY is this happening? Why do suppose that more people can tell you starting line up of their favorite sports team rather than who their representatives are?
farbeit from me to claim 'wise' or 'all-knowing', but thanks for the kudos. Actually, your question is a valid and good one. I have seen it pondered on political sites from left to right from time to time. I don't think there is ONE easy answer(unlike most true believers on left or right). I think the factors are these:
1. The society has gone soft. Our parents and their forefathers had real work to do, real sacrifices to make.
Our current society avoids sacrifice at all cost, and getting an education requires some real work.
2. Our economic system has always played well for those trying to sell stuff. Sports, movies, American Idol
and other stuff are pushed on a population to SELL them shit, it's that simple.
3. Education, and intellectual pursuits have become popular targets of political 'leaders'. It sort of started
with Spiro Agnew in the 60s, but Reagan and the Social/Religious conservatives have taken it to extremes.
4 With huge numbers of two-parent working households, no parent is home all day focusing on early learning,
schoolwork and the like. This has a negative effect on the final education and citizenship of the child, IMO.
5. The constant focus, in some political circles, on non-issues(see thread elsewhere where two goofballs
shouting at voters becomes a 'hot-button topic') has tuned a massive number of voting adults off.
Ever read any Karl Marx? I'd say those in power have read it well and applied it, and they are thinking that it is about time to pull the trigger.
actually, I had to read the Communist Manifesto for Political Science in college, and later read Das Kapital.
What, exactly, are the parts you feel are being read and applied? Marx decried as the 'opiate of the masses' certain things that distract the people and allow them to be led easily, never endorsing such. What are you talking about? Cite the book and page number if you can. You have read Marx, I presume, if you are going to rant about his writings?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

and the Social/Religious conservatives have taken it to extremes.
please clarify because I am one of those social/ religious conservatives.
With huge numbers of two-parent working households, no parent is home all day focusing on early learning,
schoolwork and the like. This has a negative effect on the final education and citizenship of the child, IMO
I couldnt agree more, as a father of 8, my wife and I have chosen to sacrifice. in our almost 29 years of marriage she has never worked outside the home, and has homeschooled all our children, and is now teaching our Grandchildren. while I am by no means poor, this has caused us not to have many of the luxuries that alot of people have, but it has been worth every minute of it. all of my children are in stable mariages (the ones married) and they all have good stable jobs and have survived the economic meltdown because of their work ethics and good character. people put too much emphasis on posessions, and not enough on God, spouse, and family. this is why our society is failing. greed. it's always about what they want instead of the sacrifices they can make for others. and that is why our government is failing. greedy people wanting everything for free. and greedy politician buying votes by giving it to them. stand up. work hard. love your family, and be accountable for your actions
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:The constant focus, in some political circles, on non-issues(see thread elsewhere where two goofballs
shouting at voters becomes a 'hot-button topic') has tuned a massive number of voting adults off.
Two "goofballs"??? Do you mean the two, who are members of the New Black Panther Party? The Party that is associated with the NAACP and also closely associated with Obama. The two who were fomenting the murder of all white folks "crackers" at a open public voting establishment....Those two are just "goofing off"? What do you call the ACORN voter fraud folks? "Unfortunates"? The "unfortunates" also associated with Obama.

Old Pudfark sez: " another shining example of Slick's forte "