I really think i will get me one of these

Daiichidoku

I really think i will get me one of these

Post by Daiichidoku »

http://www.giobikes.com/Electric-Scooters-in-Canada/

500w electric scooter

(in ontario anyhow) no licence needed, no insurance needed, in october law will require a helmet...thats it

recharges on domestic electricity

retails for $599.00 (+ shipping approx $120.00), but always some available, new, via auction...one currently on auction for $114.00! (+$49.99 auction fee)

FUCKIN "A"!
JoeA

Re: I really think i will get me one of these

Post by JoeA »

Nice idea, but where will you be able to drive it??? That might, work in Europe but I can't see it in North America.
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

anywhere you can legally ride a bicycle

so in other words, city or town streets, just not on major highways

not that you'd want to, it maxes out at about 50kph (or less for a fatass like me :P )
Ub6

Post by Ub6 »

I have 2 Gio quads for my kids.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this CRAP!

Very poor construction. All bolts should be replaced with proper North American grade 8 bolts, the cheap chinese ones shear off easy, and a lot are not even tight when you get the machine.

If it is a chain drive.. replace the chain as it will stretch quickly beyond the adjusters.

Bushings on any suspension should be replaced as well.. the two we own have less than 3 hours riding time on them.. and only kids on them.. the bushings are/were so badly worn out that the floating rear end moved over enough that it started to wear the chain into the frame.

You have been warned.. many many people I know in person and online at a quad forum(s) have had the same issues with all Gio crap.

Have a nice day.
GOYA

Post by GOYA »

How incredibly gay Image
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

thanks UB6, i best research these things further before i buy
Jumoschwanz

Post by Jumoschwanz »

I use a SantaCruz heckler with pedal power.

I just helped an acquaintance set a little motor up on his bicycle, it was a kit he got on ebay for about a hundred bucks. It was cool to ride around a little bit as we tuned it up.

I thought about getting one myself to put on a bicycle, but I would much rather be the sort of person I am now, who uses walking and my bicycle to run errands several times a week.

I am not a big fan of motorcyclists or automobile drivers, or users of any personal motorized transportation these days. These modes of transportation have not only turned us into a nation of fat-ass slobs, but they have also become one of the top ornaments for ego-centric asses to adorn themselves with.

Every moron with a car or a motorcycle uses it as an extension of their petty shallow selves. Cars and bikes used to just be for practical transportation, but some time ago douchebags decided that it made them real men to have loud mufflers on their little shit jap cars or Harleys.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Jumoschwanz wrote:I use a SantaCruz heckler with pedal power.

I just helped an acquaintance set a little motor up on his bicycle, it was a kit he got on ebay for about a hundred bucks. It was cool to ride around a little bit as we tuned it up.

I thought about getting one myself to put on a bicycle, but I would much rather be the sort of person I am now, who uses walking and my bicycle to run errands several times a week.

I am not a big fan of motorcyclists or automobile drivers, or users of any personal motorized transportation these days. These modes of transportation have not only turned us into a nation of fat-ass slobs, but they have also become one of the top ornaments for ego-centric asses to adorn themselves with.

Every moron with a car or a motorcycle uses it as an extension of their petty shallow selves. Cars and bikes used to just be for practical transportation, but some time ago douchebags decided that it made them real men to have loud mufflers on their little shit jap cars or Harleys.

Couldnt agree more.......hecklers I hear are nice XC/all mountain rides, I used to have a super 8 (I know totaly different kettle of fish, but its a cruz) .....spend most of my time now on an intense slopstyle and a pace hardtail
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Jumoschwanz wrote:I am not a big fan of motorcyclists or automobile drivers, or users of any personal motorized transportation these days.
Yeah, that's practical. I can see the carpenter carrying his tools and his power saw and ladders on the bus with him. The place you live in was built by people who used vehicles to haul the building materials.

And there are some cities where public transportation just doesn't work. L.A. is one. Phoenix is another. There's too much surface area to cover and you just couldn't put enuf buses or trains down to service the city.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Where theres a will.............................