Dont want to gloat

Tolwyn
Site Admin

Re: Dont want to gloat

Post by Tolwyn »

yeah, fuck it that you just had surgery and on drugs.
Let's talk about HEALTHCARE!

This place never disappoints.

Please mail your excess oxycontin to...

Tolwyn
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote:Well Slick, this ‘conservative’ type agrees with you for the most part. Our health care system sucks and I am one that is fortunate to be employed (and retired) with good benefits. Many other things need fixed before we can provide health care to our citizens.
you are likely right, but sometimes I wonder if that issue, if properly addressed, would free up a lot of other issues around worker's rights, business stagnation and the like.....
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

@ Mr. "T"..Ah Ha...another "Justified" fan...as in the TV show. :)
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:Well Slick, this ‘conservative’ type agrees with you for the most part. Our health care system sucks and I am one that is fortunate to be employed (and retired) with good benefits. Many other things need fixed before we can provide health care to our citizens.
you are likely right, but sometimes I wonder if that issue, if properly addressed, would free up a lot of other issues around worker's rights, business stagnation and the like.....
Having a budget...would fix that... ;)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Tolwyn wrote:yeah, fuck it that you just had surgery and on drugs.
well, it WAS Fatman's choice of subject matter......

it's the gift that keeps on giving, right?

Tolwyn
as the person 'in charge' around here, I suppose that a cry for opiates is justified...... :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
Having a budget...would fix that... ;)

sure, want to put Universal Healh Insurance into that budget, please? I'd be all for it, as long as we raised the monies to pay for it.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:You fall off the soapbox...and you may need that "FREE" care... :lol:

I don't need any help taking care of me and mine...I pay my way.
Them what can't/won't...they still get taken care of...any way.

I do chuckle at how you want to put everybody in the same boat....without
telling them...there's first class...second class...last class. Proof of that?
Just look at the health care our legislators have...to include Obamie...

You do overlook one thing...once on the boat?
It's a long tough swim...back to land...if ya need or want off it.

That being said....it sounds like that was in fact a close call Fats...glad yer back.
as expected, the usual 'every man for himself' blather......how do you think that would work out for folks without resources that ran into Fat's issue?
Oh, I get it, 'sucks to be them', right? Go feck yourself, you are both heartless and ignorant of issues holding this nation back.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Pudfark wrote:You fall off the soapbox...and you may need that "FREE" care... :lol:

I don't need any help taking care of me and mine...I pay my way.
Them what can't/won't...they still get taken care of...any way.

I do chuckle at how you want to put everybody in the same boat....without
telling them...there's first class...second class...last class. Proof of that?
Just look at the health care our legislators have...to include Obamie...

You do overlook one thing...once on the boat?
It's a long tough swim...back to land...if ya need or want off it.

That being said....it sounds like that was in fact a close call Fats...glad yer back.
as expected, the usual 'every man for himself' blather......how do you think that would work out for folks without resources that ran into Fat's issue?
Oh, I get it, 'sucks to be them', right? Go feck yourself, you are both heartless and ignorant of issues holding this nation back.
Lack of a budget is "holding" everybody back...
I'm so ignorant and heartless, I can take care of mine.
So, you're saying somebody irresponsible and indigent would'a
kicked the bucket here....prove it. ;)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Lack of a budget is "holding" everybody back...
really? Explain why, because I see no daily effect on me.
I'm so ignorant and heartless, I can take care of mine.
So, you're saying somebody irresponsible and indigent would'a
kicked the bucket here....prove it. ;)
happens every day in this country, along with people going into bankruptcy to pay for health care or who got behind financially due to 50% coverage in disability payments. I cited Fatman's information for FAR beyond simple health insurance. He lives in a country that provides for lots of full pay sick leave and understands that caring for ALL the people makes for a more productive society. Don't worry about links, just look around at the rest of the civilized world.
Australia is a GREAT starting point, BTW, and their economy hasn't suffered for the largesse.....in fact, most of my most lucrative investments in the past decade have come from that fine nation!
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

Tolwyn wrote:yeah, fuck it that you just had surgery and on drugs.

Tolwyn
OMG! Down that stuff with beer, it works better that way. Had some for some bone crushing pain after a motorcycle accident years ago... it worked ok... with beer. I've since thrown away a bunch of the stuff - I think that's what they gave me after some back surgery a few years ago - didn't even read the label, just chucked it. Had an large cyst removed, and although they cut out a bunch of flesh, I'm sure it wasn't anywhere nears as painful as Buzz's back injury. Still... I'd chug the beer and throw the pills over my shoulder, cause I'm too lazy to mail it to you.