Hey Dawg

Dawg

Re: Hey Dawg

Post by Dawg »

or this

dont know where this is, but a..well..someone I know in the business of finding those who do such stupid things, says they look on you tube alllll the time, and find quite illegally modified weapons/firearms/explosives etc...complete with smiling perp in vid.

FM, if you know a clever monkey down there, you could get them to sew a thin leather sock onto the rear with some padding to elevate the cheek to be more in line with optic

just an example of what I'm talking about
1.jpg
1.jpg (15.41 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Is that a one piece optic and base?
you desperately need to lower that site closer to line of bore if at all possible.
the higher the site from bore increases the amount of hold over, or hold under AND increases the chance the bullet rainbow flight is off axis from the high mounted site, if that makes sense to you. not sure how to explain it otherwise
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: obama.
Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Dawg is pretty much spot on with his advice....Everybody has their own personal taste, mine would be towards a low profile "rear peep" sight and a thin "fiber optic" front site. It won't spoil the handling of the weapon, allows a fast "sight picture" and the precision required to shoot at a distance.....Dawg's advice is good. What it really boils down to is this, the task assigned to the rifle and the shooter's personal taste and physical limitations.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yup the acog and the la rue base are one piece i probably could change the base but it wouldnt lower it much if at all, and besides its only more of a scout rifle i dont think i have had it past 300 meters