Afghanistan - how the press lies all the time...

nicolas10

Afghanistan - how the press lies all the time...

Post by nicolas10 »

zamh:

zamzam

Nic
Last edited by nicolas10 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuf

Re: Afghanistan - how the press lies all the time...

Post by nuf »

Since years there is a trend to portray the situation in Afghanistan better than it is. The funny thing is, this is partly done to create the impression that the country is safe enough for the western troops to leave (the other important part of course is to show the public that its tax money brings success). That is not and will in the near future not be the case.

If the situation gets calmer that is only because the opposing forces want to be calm to give the west a wrong sense of security.

But the situation is not calm anyway with every year higher western casualties (the way highest last year), thousands of killed afghan cicilians by western forces and opposing forces, big parts of the country de facto under the control of the taliban and every day life danger for reform parties.

http://www.icasualties.org/
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

The only reason to have a "presence" in Afghanistan?

It allows another direction of attack against Iran....pure and simple...
No other viable reason exists...

Were I the decision maker in Afghanistan? No press would be allowed there.
The sky would be dark from the "Drones"....
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I'd be dropping pig carcasses 24/7 from Angels 40 with B-2's. How you like your "religion of peace" now?
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
nuf

Post by nuf »

Wow, pretty ignorant statements once again. I wonder if you´d guys say the same if you

a) had any knowledge about the conflict and
b) had experienced total war in your lifetime yourself

Maybe you wouldn´t be such big advocates of mass killings if your family or wife had been the target of general rage by people without any clue about the outside world.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Well war with anyone costs a lot, and the profit goes to those who make de decisions, or those who finance them, or those who have close ties with them.

So they need to cultivate enemies, and they need to make public opinion think that their wars aren't completely useless wastes.

As you guys prove, it's so easy to breed hate and make youse guys part with a whole shitload of cash to go and kill people that have absolutely no relationship with the US whatsoever.

Next time send specops get the mullah omar & ben laden, and get the fuck out soon as it's done. The rest is just to please arms manufacturers & heroin producers.

Nic
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

nuf wrote:Wow, pretty ignorant statements once again. I wonder if you´d guys say the same if you

a) had any knowledge about the conflict and
b) had experienced total war in your lifetime yourself

Maybe you wouldn´t be such big advocates of mass killings if your family or wife had been the target of general rage by people without any clue about the outside world.
Some folks is predictable..ewe being one of them....
I spent my whole life resolving other folks conflict....Mass killings? Crawl over a few dead bodies of a family to get to the sole survivor...drag her out over the dead bodies (she was shot 5 times)through the only entry/exit a window without burglar bars....write it up, testify to it...live with it..and then you tell me Hero Boy?

Define "Total War"...seems like nobody knows what that means anymore?
Closest I've been to that is a 3 vs 3 gun fight at 15 feet....two seconds and 24 gunshots later...it was a 2 vs 0....
I don't see the need to mention the 1 vs 1 or 2, I've been in...that's more personal than "total war".
I got a pretty good idea of how the US ground troops feel...I never got to fire first....either.

Old Pudfark sez: "Throw a little something out on the table "nuf"...or is that e-nuf?"
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nicolas10 wrote:I know for a fact that in the past month:

8 have been killed in a kabul market bombing including 3 american Xe personnel. I can't find any trace of this reported in the mainstream press and only a few mentions on some blogs & one couple paki websites.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=10244
http://www.geo.tv/1-29-2011/77739.htm

And at least one member of the international red cross has been murdered in Kabul in the past week.

A quick google search brings no result at all.

How many of those things are swept under the rug like those two?

Nic
I have no clue what you're talking about, the Red Cross thing was in my local paper, and the uptick in violence in Kabul has been well documented over here. I think you might be looking for some sort of cover up that isn't really happening, Nic.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:The only reason to have a "presence" in Afghanistan?

It allows another direction of attack against Iran....pure and simple...
No other viable reason exists...
I would strongly disagree. Do a bit of research into pipeline projects planned for natural gas transport out of the Caucausus region.
Were I the decision maker in Afghanistan?
then, the nation would have truly lost it's collective mind.
No press would be allowed there.
yup, just like WWII, right?
The sky would be dark from the "Drones"....
based where?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nuf

Post by nuf »

With some goodwill one could say that your post relates very losely to my post. What has you being some kind of cop or whatever to do with wanting to get the press out of Afghanistan to have a free field for your strange vision of how this conflict should be fought?

Some hints for you: The way to lead this war to an acceptable end for the west (in other words to pull out) is not by drones but by working with and for the relevant parts of the afghan society. While Rugg wants to let pork rain even the US from time to time tries to "win the hearts and minds" of the afghan population.

Old school thinking aka "we just need to kill all the bad guys" is ridiculous when one looks at the reality over there. Creating more and more bad guys and killing thousands of civilians is not a way to win a war.

But i give you that, your post made more sense than Ruggs :lol:

Pudfark wrote:
Some folks is predictable..ewe being one of them....