The CHEVY VOLT another obamacle..

Wullie

The CHEVY VOLT another obamacle..

Post by Wullie »

Chevy Volt: Sold 281 nationwide in February. Let; shear the rousing hue and cry for GREEN vehicles. I doubt $5 a gallon gas will help that pile of shit either.

Hell, I'd bet dog turds in packaged shrink wrap would sell more than 281 on eBay in a single month.

$41,000 each, and that is with a $7500 taxpayer funded subsidy on each! Unions own GM now along with the gubmint. Just one more financial disaster to thank Obama for......
http://www.nlpc.org/stories/2011/03/01/ ... chevy-volt
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: The CHEVY VOLT another obamacle..

Post by CUDA »

I fail to see what Obama has to do with this since the Volt's development started in the early 90's
and the Gubmint offers incentives to every "green" vehicle sold in the U.S. and has for years, so how is this any different???
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well, all I want to know?
Why is the little green wire screwed to my wallet?

Why do I have to pay for GM's mistake?
The good news?
281 retards have now been identified and probably registered...
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

It's All Your Money: Paying for Energy Subsidies

Cheap gas. Energy independence. More power from wind and solar. Many Americans want these things, but do they want to pay for them with tax dollars?

Call them handouts, giveaways or corporate welfare, the federal government subsidizes every form of energy in this country, some more than others.

Here's a look at some subsidies in President Obama's 2012 Fiscal Year budget:

-$126 million for wind

-$340 million for bio fuels

-$457 million for solar

-$452 million clean coal

-$800 million for nuclear

Oil and gas get even more of your money through tax incentives, deductions, depreciation and investment credits. Those total about $3.6 billion a year, according to the Administration.

When you add them all up, for all energy sources including ethanol, Taxpayers for Common Sense President Ryan Alexander says taxpayers lose billions each year.

According to figures from the Energy Information Administration, oil and gas subsidies compute to about 25 cents per megawatt hour, while wind and solar is about $24.

Renewable energy supporters argue they need the money to compete with China and save the planet from global warming. Besides, they say, it's their turn, and it would be unfair for them to compete on a level playing field that for decades favored fossil fuel.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/ ... z1FYuDvIxI

Old Pudfark sez: " Let them eat cake... "
Daiichidoku

Post by Daiichidoku »

CUDA wrote:I fail to see what Obama has to do with this since the Volt's development started in the early 90's
and the Gubmint offers incentives to every "green" vehicle sold in the U.S. and has for years, so how is this any different???

had slick been the one to post this, well, we know what kind of responses it would get

funny then, that when one of the few rational, affirmed right wingers that post here refutes yet another obama/dem ragetrip, merely a bit o good ole obfusication, follwed by some actual rational line of thought but into contention, and from the Rube no less!

(speaking of which, Rube, the 25 cents/24$/mwh figure will always be fluctuating, but ultimately will end with oil being the most expensive as production and applications taper, and demand for alternative fue/power production and application is on the rise...wouldn't yo urather that alternative cost be reduced by US expanding into this field, instead of eventually rely on imported power/fuels/technology that will always have a markup cost or part of a package including unfavorable trade terms?)
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Curious?

How does that justify a cost of $24 a megawatt vs .25?
How in the "world"? Does it make it affordable?

Nuclear is the most affordable means...ask the Japanese or the French...?

Seriously speaking....If folks were/are to go "electric", to be "green"?
Why would they not want to do it, in the most affordable way?

No gouge or poke here...but, why would they want to pay for Slick's experiment?
It would seem? That Slick's entitlement/subsidy? Would be greater than that of
some poor "ghetto family"....in terms of dollars and sense.

Old Pudfark sez: " Isn't this about making peoples lives?....A little better? "
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I'm still wondering how this is Obama's "disaster".
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:I fail to see what Obama has to do with this since the Volt's development started in the early 90's

but, but, WHITE people were running the government then. Can't you see the difference? Ask Wullie to borrow his hood, perhaps your 'viewpoint' will change. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

callmeslick wrote:

but, but, WHITE people were running the government then. Can't you see the difference? Ask Wullie to borrow his hood, perhaps your 'viewpoint' will change. :lol:
Let's see, if Georgie boy had bought General Motors with as yet uncollected tax dollars, he would be the devil incarnate. Slick can't see that. All he can do talk out of his fat ass about things he has no concept about.

Slick, did like it when the black boys took advantage of you in your past?

The only "hood" I own is attached to a Carhart jacket.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Wullie wrote:All he can do talk out of his fat ass about things he has no concept about.
Now that you brought that up.... I'm still wondering how this is Obama's "disaster". Please expand on your original statement.