"Thumpers" and "Bumpers"

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: "Thumpers" and "Bumpers"

Post by CUDA »

HappyHappy wrote:Cuda and BUZZ are on ignore because of their hostility
and infantile behavior.
infantile that's rich :lol: we're on your so-called ignore list because you were in an argument that you cannot possibly win, so it's easier for you to run off and "claim" we're on ignore then to continue with the discussion.

You made a claim. and claim which by the way you still haven't even attempted to back up. I challenged and challenged you to back it up and you refused to, and then you started mocking and name calling. so who's the infant?
and as for the charge of being Hostile. I haven't seen a thread yet. that was started by either Buzz, myself or any other person of faith attempting to make fun of Evolutionists. NONE.
while you on the other hand have now started 3 threads and hi-jacked 1 attempting to bad-mouth people of faith.
I am dealing with facts and facts alone.
FACTS???? what facts
just because you post your opinion on something doesn't make it a facts. facts require an attempt to back them up. you don't. a link ANYTHING would be a start. Darkhorse posted links. you posted what?

Nuf said
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Pudfark wrote:This has been amusing so far.... :|
actually yes it has. I've been quite enjoying myself :mrgreen:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I wonder why HH doesn't think using God myth and God squad isn't an insult to us?

It's true that we insult HH. He forgets past threads that we didn't, and tried to talk to him as an adult. That failed miserably. So, I thought i'd lower myself to his level, and see how that worked. He doesn't like that either, and puts us on ignore.

Funny.

Even if I don't think he has the character to put anybody on ignore. I've already seen him slip and respond to something i've said.
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Buzz wrote:Even if I don't think he has the character to put anybody on ignore. I've already seen him slip and respond to something i've said.
of course he has. we've all seen it, he's not fooling anyone except himself

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well...the way I see it?

Some folks are missionaries of fact....

Some are missionaries of faith....

Some are so unenlightened?
The only thing missionary they understand?
Is the position....

Old Pudfark sez: " Damn, I believe we've come full circle....yet, again.... "

8-)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I just don't understand why eye witness reports aren't considered some sort of fact?

History is somewhat based on that.

The original documents that the Bible is based on were written by eye witnesses who were countries away from each other, and they all have the same story. Unbelievers think the Bible is just made up by man. There are documents backing it up.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Buzz wrote:Where do you think you came from? There's only one right answer. If you don't believe in God or evolution. You must believe in something else? Life doesn't just appear out of nothing.
Oh yeah there is only one right answer, and it is possible that both your answers aren't it, and that nobody ever gets to know the right answer. Besides, one could believe in god AND in evolution. I don't understand why creationists go on and on while the theory of evolution doesn't disprove the existence of god at all. Religion is partly the result of mankind being incapable to admit that they don't/can't know something.

For the time being, the theory of evolution is the most fitting given the level of human knowledge. As any scientific theory it can be disproved or reinforced by future discoveries.

Nic
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

nicolas10 wrote:
Buzz wrote:Where do you think you came from? There's only one right answer. If you don't believe in God or evolution. You must believe in something else? Life doesn't just appear out of nothing.
Oh yeah there is only one right answer, and it is possible that both your answers aren't it, and that nobody ever gets to know the right answer. Besides, one could believe in god AND in evolution. I don't understand why creationists go on and on while the theory of evolution doesn't disprove the existence of god at all. Religion is partly the result of mankind being incapable to admit that they don't/can't know something.

For the time being, the theory of evolution is the most fitting given the level of human knowledge. As any scientific theory it can be disproved or reinforced by future discoveries.

Nic

Excellent reply!
Religion is the byproduct of ignorance, arrogance, fear and greed.
We humans can not deal with Having evolved from a more primitive ancestor.
We humans can not deal with Death being final, an end.
We humans need the Santaclause myth of being re-united with loved ones in the after life.
Many humans make a living perpetuating the fraud (Religion).

But we are drifting a bit.

Buzz and Cuda are on ignore and will remain there permanently.

Four and a half billion years of evolution is plenty of time for evolution to have produced us.
I am VERY comfortable in the belief that we did not need or have a creator.
Think about the early times, 80% of the Earth's history was full of life but no animals at all.
Something happened in the Cambrian where animal life took root and expanded rapidly.
A smart God Myth believer would latch on to this as devine intervention.
But it seems most of them can not let their midevil belief system be altered in any way.

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:“At that moment, when the the DNA/RNA system became understood, the debate between Evolutionists and Creationists should have come to a screeching halt. …the implications of the DNA/RNA were obvious and clear. Mathematically speaking, based on probability concepts, there is no possibility that Evolution was the mechanism that created the approximately 6,000,000 species of plants and animals we recognize today.” hahaha what a load of BS.
please provide your evidence that this is a load of BS

bear in mind I'm not sure if it's factual or not. but you seem positive it is, so I'd like to see your evidence to such

not claiming any theory to be fact, what I am strongly disputing is the assertion I highlighted above.
Actually, it is quite mathematically probable.
Last edited by callmeslick on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Darkhorse wrote:
callmeslick wrote:so, your point is what, exactly?

That at the time of Noah GOD could only find 8 people worthy enough to save and his next and final judgement it will only be about 1% of the worlds population.

if it comforts you to think so, enjoy. I'll pass, thanks.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.