"Thumpers" and "Bumpers"

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: "Thumpers" and "Bumpers"

Post by CUDA »

Nic wrote:You won't get any more response from me, because you aren't honest.
please show where have I been dishonest

if holding you accountable for the comments you make is dishonest, I guess then I'm guilty as charged
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

oFZo

Post by oFZo »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Evolution vs. Creation
The origin of the species.
They are one and the same, and symbiotic with each other on a theoretical level.

Evolution: Did all the right chemicals come together at just the right time? Sure. Why not? There is just as much of a chance that it did happen as there is a chance that it didn't happen. And at mankind's current level of intelligence all the reputable science, logic and common sense suggests that it did happen. And on a personal level, I believe that it did.

Creation: Did a superior, more advanced life form create man? Sure. Why not? But I highly, highly, highly doubt it. At mankind's current level of intelligence all the reputable science, logic and common sense suggests that it did not happen. And on a personal level, I believe that it did not.

But here's the thing....
For the sake of argument let's say that I am wrong and a superior, more advanced life form created man. And lets say that man was able to prove the existence of that life form. Or better yet, lets say it popped in for a visit to say hello.
Would I be in awe of it's abilities? Absolutely.
Would I respect it's abilities? Absolutely.
Would I respect it's knowledge and give ear to every word it spoke? Absolutely.
Would I turn to it for guidance in things that I don't understand? Absolutely.

Would I consider it to be a God? Absolutely not.
Would I join a religion created around it? Absolutely not.
It would just be a more advanced life form than myself. Not a God. Just more advanced.

I believe in evolution. But if it turns out that I'm wrong, I'll roll with that.
I don't believe in creation. But if it turns out that I'm wrong, I'll roll with that.
It's like playing poker. You gotta play the cards you're dealt.

But what I absolutely, fully and completely DO NOT believe in is religion. In any of it's known forms.

Just my 2 cents.

Well said, pretty much sums up my view. I'm agnostic.
"How about no, you Crazy Dutch Bastard?"
CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Buzz wrote:Keyboard bravery is comical.
So is blind faith.
I have to admit, I know allot of people of faith, and very few of them have blind faith. blind faith is for fools, the bible even speaks out against it
”A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thoughts to his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15,)
Test everything. Hold on to the good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. (Proverbs 18:15)

CUDA

Post by CUDA »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Evolution vs. Creation
The origin of the species.
They are one and the same, and symbiotic with each other on a theoretical level.

Evolution: Did all the right chemicals come together at just the right time? Sure. Why not? There is just as much of a chance that it did happen as there is a chance that it didn't happen. And at mankind's current level of intelligence all the reputable science, logic and common sense suggests that it did happen. And on a personal level, I believe that it did.

Creation: Did a superior, more advanced life form create man? Sure. Why not? But I highly, highly, highly doubt it. At mankind's current level of intelligence all the reputable science, logic and common sense suggests that it did not happen. And on a personal level, I believe that it did not.

But here's the thing....
For the sake of argument let's say that I am wrong and a superior, more advanced life form created man. And lets say that man was able to prove the existence of that life form. Or better yet, lets say it popped in for a visit to say hello.
Would I be in awe of it's abilities? Absolutely.
Would I respect it's abilities? Absolutely.
Would I respect it's knowledge and give ear to every word it spoke? Absolutely.
Would I turn to it for guidance in things that I don't understand? Absolutely.

Would I consider it to be a God? Absolutely not.
Would I join a religion created around it? Absolutely not.
It would just be a more advanced life form than myself. Not a God. Just more advanced.

I believe in evolution. But if it turns out that I'm wrong, I'll roll with that.
I don't believe in creation. But if it turns out that I'm wrong, I'll roll with that.
It's like playing poker. You gotta play the cards you're dealt.

But what I absolutely, fully and completely DO NOT believe in is religion. In any of it's known forms.

Just my 2 cents.
I can respect that stance.. I dont agree but I still respect it.

What I cannot respect is people like HH that have no respect for my stance. if he doesn't agree with me FINE that's his choice, but he tries to make it personal and insulting. it really doesn't bother me that he makes that attempt. I've been insulted by better people. beside with each subsequent post he says something so lacking in fact which he refuses to back up, which makes him look that much more uneducated. an then when he's challenged he runs off putting his fingers in his ears pretending to ignore me which only makes him look that much more foolish and undermines his position even further. if he's that insecure in his stance that he cant handle producing a few corroborating facts to his argument and need to run to the ignore button then I feel sorry for him.

everyone knows your reading these posts HH you can uncover your eyes.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
So is blind faith.
Faith seems blind to those who don't have any.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:
Reservoir_Dog wrote:
So is blind faith.
Faith seems blind to those who don't have any.
I have lots of faith. It just doesn't agree with yours.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Does that make mine blind faith?
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:Does that make mine blind faith?
I can't answer that question because I don't know how you came upon your faith.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Buzz wrote:Does that make mine blind faith?
I can't answer that question because I don't know how you came upon your faith.
That didn't stop you from calling it blind faith in a previous post.

It certainly isn't blind faith from my side. I'm not stupid, and don't take something as important as this lightly.
Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

Back from some fun in the sun and water.

Before we continue I need to make something clear. Not all who claim to be Christians are. Not all churches that claim to be Christian churches are. Take the Catholic church, it is not a Christian church! There are many Christian churches that do not follow what the Bible teaches and yes all they want is your money! Before you lump me and others into one big group you should compair what is being said or done to what the Bible teaches.

Evolution vs. Creation can not be proven through science theories in either direction. For every theory you show for evolution I can show one against it. It goes nowhere.

Geological evidence IMHO through the studies and research I have done follows what is written in the Bible. If you would like the references that I used I will be glad to share them with you.

Now we come to the Bible, as soon as I grab a bite to eat and a dozen books from my closet I will be back.
Last edited by Darkhorse on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now we have demonstrable evidence that if you try to lead from behind, eventually the guys up front will stop looking back for instructions.
Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country