Out of 3614196 votes

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Re: Out of 3614196 votes

Post by CUDA »

Then we get this today
Senators are raiding money meant to pay for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan so they can fund pet projects in their home districts, taxpayer watchdog groups charged this week.

Data compiled by the organizations show that senators attached 778 earmarks worth nearly $2.7 billion to the 2010 defense appropriations bill.
this is from the same senators that screamed bloody murder during the Bush administration about not having enough body armor, or safe enough HumVee's. go figure :roll:
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

What some of the left-tards here don't get (Slick and Res for example) are that this is typical political bullshit. This time it's the Dems doing it. Nothing has changed. But when someone runs on a platform for "change" and then it's business as usual then I'm gonna be one of the first ones to call it. Yes, I'll be called racist cuz I'm one of those white people who dare to challenge this administration's policies. This country hasn't changed a one fecking whit. Yeah, we elected a (half) black president, but racism is alive and well and separationist attitudes in this and previous administrations are still present. When some of the idiots here start to understand that it's not about skin color then they'll find they'll become enlightened. It's about class. Where you are in society because of your social (read: financial) status. Then when you factor in "power" you'll find that it's much easier for politicians to ram stuff down our throats because they're muddying the waters with other stuff that is irrelevant. Such as skin color. If whitey doesn't trust the black man, and the brown man doesn't trust the white man then they've won. While we're all distrusting each other they're putting their plans into motion to tax us more heavily and to make themselves richer.

Obama's plan is brilliant. Print more money, devalue the dollar and push his "Obamacare" which ain't gonna happen nor is it gonna work. In the meantime the rest of us (the lower 99% on the financial scale) are busting our asses trying to survive and we're completely ignoring the assfecking the politicians are giving to us. Politicians from both parties.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:Where's Slick and his "Blame it on the previous administration" rhetoric?
....are you capable of reading the part where I said that Presidents and Congresses don't do much to
affect economic trends?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:What some of the left-tards here don't get (Slick and Res for example) are that this is typical political bullshit. This time it's the Dems doing it. Nothing has changed. But when someone runs on a platform for "change" and then it's business as usual then I'm gonna be one of the first ones to call it. Yes, I'll be called racist cuz I'm one of those white people who dare to challenge this administration's policies. This country hasn't changed a one fecking whit. Yeah, we elected a (half) black president, but racism is alive and well and separationist attitudes in this and previous administrations are still present. When some of the idiots here start to understand that it's not about skin color then they'll find they'll become enlightened. It's about class. Where you are in society because of your social (read: financial) status. Then when you factor in "power" you'll find that it's much easier for politicians to ram stuff down our throats because they're muddying the waters with other stuff that is irrelevant. Such as skin color. If whitey doesn't trust the black man, and the brown man doesn't trust the white man then they've won. While we're all distrusting each other they're putting their plans into motion to tax us more heavily and to make themselves richer.

Obama's plan is brilliant. Print more money, devalue the dollar and push his "Obamacare" which ain't gonna happen nor is it gonna work. In the meantime the rest of us (the lower 99% on the financial scale) are busting our asses trying to survive and we're completely ignoring the assfecking the politicians are giving to us. Politicians from both parties.

you realize that you merely re-phrased what I wrote on page 1 of this thread?? Oh, and you managed to throw in a few 'lefty' remarks. You do realize that the whole 'left vs right' thing is smokescreen #1 that the
GOP uses to keep the same old folks on top, dontcha? It also seems not to have dawned on you that Obama might actually be attempting to give the 99% a bigger voice in the outcomes, but is being weighted down by the anti-Obama crowd. Oh, nevermind, I guess you really enjoy getting assfecked, so continue on that usual course. :roll:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

callmeslick wrote:
....are you capable of reading the part where I said that Presidents and Congresses don't do much to
affect economic trends?
My gawd you're thick. We're in this "economic trend" because of Congress. And Presidents. Reagan deregulated the banks a bit. Clinton and her husband decided to completely throw away the reins and allow banks to do whatever they wanted and the two years before all this crap hit the Dems in congress (yes, the Dems) completely removed and regulation regarding home loans out the door.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

Code: Select all

It also seems not to have dawned on you that Obama might actually be attempting to give the 99% a bigger voice in the outcomes
How do figure that?

I see that Rockefeller has sponsored a bill, S. 773, "The Cybersecurity Act of 2009," to be able to shut down private internet. Initial cosponsors include Senators Evan Bayh (D-IN), Bill Nelson (D-FL) and Olympia Snowe (R-ME).

Which would give new powers to "shut down" all private internet in the event of a "cybersecurity emergency" — a vague term that the President can define at his discretion.

I keep looking for a sign that the present administration and ALL of the "dog and pony" show in Washington (Dems and Repubs) are trying to do anything that majority of the people in this country want them to do.

The way I see it is, the fucking FEDERAL RESERVE holds the reins and tells all of our representative government officials to say "LET THEM EAT CAKE!"

I've felt that the POTUS for several administrations past are nothing more than hand puppets on big money's knee. BIG money has their hand up the puppet's ass and tells it what to say.

Our representatives are so worried about getting re-elected to circus so they can continue to enjoy the fruits of our labors and the royal treatment accorded to the position, that they'll say and sign anything.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

ruggbutt wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
affect economic trends?
My gawd you're thick. We're in this "economic trend" because of Congress. And Presidents. Reagan deregulated the banks a bit. Clinton and her husband decided to completely throw away the reins and allow banks to do whatever they wanted and the two years before all this crap hit the Dems in congress (yes, the Dems) completely removed and regulation regarding home loans out the door.

dude, we've been in this 'economic trend' since the Civil War. You just don't get it, do you?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote: I see that Rockefeller has sponsored a bill, S. 773, "The Cybersecurity Act of 2009," to be able to shut down private internet. Initial cosponsors include Senators Evan Bayh (D-IN), Bill Nelson (D-FL) and Olympia Snowe (R-ME).

Which would give new powers to "shut down" all private internet in the event of a "cybersecurity emergency" — a vague term that the President can define at his discretion.

I keep looking for a sign that the present administration and ALL of the "dog and pony" show in Washington (Dems and Repubs) are trying to do anything that majority of the people in this country want them to do
let's start with healthcare reform. Even after all the negative BS, 61% still want a public option.
The way I see it is, the fucking FEDERAL RESERVE holds the reins and tells all of our representative government officials to say "LET THEM EAT CAKE!"

I've felt that the POTUS for several administrations past are nothing more than hand puppets on big money's knee. BIG money has their hand up the puppet's ass and tells it what to say.

Our representatives are so worried about getting re-elected to circus so they can continue to enjoy the fruits of our labors and the royal treatment accorded to the position, that they'll say and sign anything.
see my comment to Rugg, regarding how long this 'trend' has been going on. Sadly, the bulk of the populace, or at least enough of it, is dumb enough to get distracted by 'security', 'liberals', right-wing conspiracy, or whatever the smokescreen might be. Thus, the same people win out, in good economic times and bad, in war and in peacetime. One of these days folks might wise up, and hopefully, it may happen before the obviousness of the fuckover gets people to the point of Revolution. You see, that's the argument I take up with the folks I grew up around......make life a bit fairer, a bit better for everyone, and maybe you won't end up barricaded in your stately home, attempting to fend off the pissed-off masses. I should probably just give up, as most of them don't get the argument from that side, either.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

I read your comment.

Where did you get the 61% number?

Make things a bit fairer? Is that another version of the "spread the wealth around" song? Is that not taking from those of us that have tried to live the American dream and giving our reward to someone who has done nothing other suck the government tit?

2001 hammered my old ass. I lost my job, my 401K went to shit and I cashed it out to stop the hemorrhage. I was able to keep my house. I made my payments by selling toys and ate a lot of beans. I got a job making less than half of what I was making before that. The job I have now is pretty secure. The pay is still shit, but I'm happy to be able to work. Starting over in your fifties is a lot harder than you think.

I work the state government now. TxDOT to be exact. It is one of the biggest money pits in our economy. It is run by people that would be thrown off of a real job before noon if they fucked off the boss's money like they do tax dollars. I figure is it just a smaller version of the federal system. I have never seen a place where so many idiots stand around and pat themselves on the back for totally wasting money, all the while thinking they are doing a great job. I've learned to keep my shut and just go on. I'm not interested in starting over again. I guess that makes me part of the problem, but I can't fight it.

I guess I should thank the Klinton's for their banking reform act. I was able able to re-finance my house without having a job or to prove any ability to repay.

As for health care? I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield provided for me and I pay about $300 a month for the wife and kid. It is a fucking JOKE! It is run by doctors for doctors. The average cost of an office visit is around $120. I pay a $20 co-pay. The doctor walks in ( if he happens to be there that day, otherwise it is a NURSE PRACTITIONER) asks a couple of questions, reads the BS the nurse wrote on your paper, writes a prescription and says "have a nice day".

Oh, I forgot to mention, he is a Canadian that bailed out to come to states and make some real money as a doctor.

I also have a good friend that is a doctor and he doesn't accept any insurance. You can file for it if you want to, and he'll gladly provide all the info you need to file. His office visits are $30. He told me that was about all he was getting when he was accepting insurance so he figured, just fuck it.

I can only imagine what kind of an expensive fucking train wreck it is going to be when the good ol'boys in Bamaland take over.

I don't think any of us can afford what it will end up costing.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Wullie wrote:I read your comment.

Where did you get the 61% number?
gallup poll, two weeks back. Sort of surprised me, too, for what that's worth.
Make things a bit fairer? Is that another version of the "spread the wealth around" song? Is that not taking from those of us that have tried to live the American dream and giving our reward to someone who has done nothing other suck the government tit?
who, exactly, do you see as sucking from the government tit, Wullie? I've spent my life as a member of a class in this nation that has benefitted, at all times, from every break imaginable. I wasn't about to get drafted to Vietnam, I was damn near guaranteed a position in an Ivy League school(I declined), and will
always be able to find a job, if I network properly. My dividend income is only taxed at 15%, and I have access to tax breaks and rebates that even take me by surprise, at times. Healthcare? Hell, due to issues with the health of my daughter, I've paid over 140K out of pocket in the past 6 years. Luckily, I can afford to do so.
2001 hammered my old ass. I lost my job, my 401K went to shit and I cashed it out to stop the hemorrhage. I was able to keep my house. I made my payments by selling toys and ate a lot of beans. I got a job making less than half of what I was making before that. The job I have now is pretty secure. The pay is still shit, but I'm happy to be able to work. Starting over in your fifties is a lot harder than you think.
I can only imagine. Your dedication to doing it right, and honestly, is to be commended.
As for health care? I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield provided for me and I pay about $300 a month for the wife and kid. It is a fucking JOKE! It is run by doctors for doctors. The average cost of an office visit is around $120. I pay a $20 co-pay. The doctor walks in ( if he happens to be there that day, otherwise it is a NURSE PRACTITIONER) asks a couple of questions, reads the BS the nurse wrote on your paper, writes a prescription and says "have a nice day".
you forgot to mention that it is also run, very much for the benefit of the insurers and their ever-so-grateful stockholders. Ever seen the dividends some of them pay?? Ever seen the salaries at 'non-profits' like Blue Cross?
Oh, I forgot to mention, he is a Canadian that bailed out to come to states and make some real money as a doctor.
sure, we pay doctors real well. We also charge them about a half a million dollars to get their education, where most civilized nations take their best and brightest students and give them the education. Sure, the pay for doctors is less, later, but society benefits.

I don't think any of us can afford what it will end up costing.
and that fear, and the playing-up of it, is what will keep the crap ass status quo. It will drag the nation under, the individual citizens under(already is: see how many bankruptcies are due to health costs) and the rich will always be cared for, as they can pay out of pocket. You see, if you would just keep you mind open long enough to talk to end users in France, Germany, Scandanavia, England and Canada, you might realize that, even when you take taxes into account, much less of their income covers health costs. Further, they get much more efficient care delivery, of basic services.