Bully

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Bully

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

The American movie ratings board is fucked in the head!

A brilliant documentary is about to be released called "Bully".
It takes a hard look at bullying at in our school systems.
I've seen it. It's brilliant. It should be required viewing by all parents and teachers.

The American movie ratings board has given "Bully" an R rating because it shows young children swearing and several times punching other children.
The R rating means that the vast vast majority of people who should see this film never will.
It's a travesty.

There is a film in theaters right now called "The Hunger Games".
In that film there is a 45 second span where a dozen children are brutally murdered including a 10 year old girl.
"The Hunger Games" was given a PG rating. Pathetic.

The producers of "Bully" are fighting the R rating it was given and I urge you to do the same.

Check it out on YouTube and Google it.

This film needs to be seen by the masses.
Pudfark

Re: Bully

Post by Pudfark »

What's the Canadian Rating? If any?

IMHO....If the teachers could beat the kids properly....like in the past....the film wouldn't be necessary.......not arguing, just sayin....
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Pudfark wrote:If the teachers could beat the kids properly....like in the past....the film wouldn't be necessary.
I can't believe you took time out from beating your wife to put up this post.
Hawklore

Post by Hawklore »

Pudfark wrote:What's the Canadian Rating? If any?

IMHO....If the teachers could beat the kids properly....like in the past....the film wouldn't be necessary.......not arguing, just sayin....
I put this quote together for people like you:

"Corporal punishment is simply an emotional outburst of frustration, taken out on the victim of ignorance by the ignorant."
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -- Mark Twain
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

:P Seems like them whut disagree with physical discipline...as in getting the little stubborn willful kids attention?
Put up with a lot of crap...and spend their kids college fund?
On rehab and posting bail.... 8-)
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hawklore wrote:

"Corporal punishment is simply an emotional outburst of frustration, taken out on the victim of ignorance by the ignorant."
While beating a kid is wrong a slap across the ass every now and again does no harm, it goes a long way in setting boundaries. As a kid i knew if i messed up in a big way on some things i would feel it and looking back it got me out of a few situations that would have ended up pretty messy, now dont get me wrong we still had fun almost burned down a few things close calls with the police normal kids stuff. And then you can take a kid from now who a supposed authority figure thats tries to reason with them well we can all see how thats working out
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Corporal punishment doesn't stop bad behaviour or bullying at schools. I grew up and went to school where the teachers would belt you for looking at them the wrong way. We still had our fair share of bullies at school and the proto criminals still become criminals.

I agree with Hawklore in his quote about physical punishment. Usually it is done out of anger rather than as a way to enforce good behaviour and this just teaches kids to hit people if they are angry.

Anyway, re the movie in the OP I'll give it a look, and it is odd but not surprising that Hunger Games can get a lower rating than bully. This is the the society we have created.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

fatman wrote:
Hawklore wrote:

While beating a kid is wrong a slap across the ass every now and again does no harm, it goes a long way in setting boundaries. As a kid i knew if i messed up in a big way on some things i would feel it and looking back it got me out of a few situations that would have ended up pretty messy, now dont get me wrong we still had fun almost burned down a few things close calls with the police normal kids stuff. And then you can take a kid from now who a supposed authority figure thats tries to reason with them well we can all see how thats working out

My Dad only ever had to belt me and my brother once. And we deserved it too :) At the same time he was against anyone else raising their hands to us and we couldn't tell him if we had been belted at school, in case he "belted" the teachers :)

So with my kids I think I might have had to slap them on the backside maybe once or twice each and only as a last recourse when they were really misbehaving or putting themselves at risk. And now they are older we can use other sanctions if they act out of line. ( block their internet access/ ground them etc ) So the actual threat of a measured sanction as a response usually works. However we as parents apply the sanctions though, has do be done when we are not in anger and has to be consistent too. We think it has worked out pretty good as both of them are fantastic kids and they earn a lot of trust and responsibility as a reward.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:
Pudfark wrote:If the teachers could beat the kids properly....like in the past....the film wouldn't be necessary.
I can't believe you took time out from beating your wife to put up this post.
That did give me a chuckle... :)
When I remembered?
It was written by a fella...who registered to vote?
In the "thi-r_d" grade.... :P
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

I had a bully in high school. He was one of the biggest jocks in the school and I was on the smaller side. After being fecked with all year long we were playing field hockey in phys-ed and he tripped me with his stick. Something snapped in me and the next time he came near me on the field I wound up and hit him across both knees with my stick. As I stood over him to beat him in the head coach grabbed me and stopped me. I was screaming at dude telling him I'd be in the parking lot after school and that if I saw him I'd flatten him with my big block Chevy. Someone else got his car for him that day. He never looked at me twice again.

That's how you handle bullies.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum